***OFFICIAL*** Stanley Cup Playoff (12) Blackhawks vs. (1) Golden Knights thread

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
(12) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Las Vegas Golden Knights

chi.png

VS
vgs.png

Game 1: Blackhawks @ Golden Knights, Tuesday Aug 11, 9:30 p.m. CT
Game 2: Blackhawks @ Golden Knights, Thursday Aug 13, 4:30 p.m. CT
Game 3: Golden Knights @ Blackhawks, Saturday Aug. 15, 7 p.m. CT
Game 4: Golden Knights @ Blackhawks, Sunday Aug. 16 5:30 p.m. CT
Game 5: Blackhawks @ Golden Knights, Tuesday Aug 18 TBD
Game 6: Golden Knights @ Blackhawks, Thursday Aug 20 TBD
Game 7: Blackhawks @ Golden Knights, Saturday Aug 22 TBD

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Can they do it again?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks - Vegas at 9:30 cst on Tuesday.

Game 1: Tuesday, Aug. 11 at 9:30 p.m.
Game 2: Thursday, Aug. 13 at 4:30 p.m.
Game 3: Saturday, Aug. 15 at 7 p.m.
Game 4: Sunday, Aug. 16 at 5:30 p.m.
*Game 5: Tuesday, Aug. 18: TBD
*Game 6: Thursday, Aug. 20: TBD
*Game 7: Saturday, Aug. 22: TBD

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I know we're all home and everything but these game times are all over the place. Back to back playoff games? Has that ever happened?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I know we're all home and everything but these game times are all over the place. Back to back playoff games? Has that ever happened?
not like there are concerts getting in the way. Dont know if this is an advantage or disadvantage when they get last change, but to not get a game 7 on a sunday is just saying that network dollars made the decision for saturday and sunday, but for christs sake, give them the early saturday game so the sunday game does not start less than 24 hours later. This is where I would love to see some of the depth play out on sunday by having rested guys fill in for sunday, but for all we know, sunday could be an elimination game. Then instead of playing back to backs, they are going to sit for a week with no hockey.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Holy confusing time starts, Batman. How the fuck do they expect anyone to remember that, lol

Granada

Liked Posts:
This is going to be a very hard series. Edmonton didn't play physical against us at all really -- that's about to change in a big way, I'd say. I really don't know how the Hawks will hold up to that.

I said it in the Oiler series and I'll say it again: I think Colliton needs to load up his top two D pairs and throw Boqvist on the third tandem with limited minutes.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
oilers played hard against the hawks the game they won.

Still have not heard if Murphy was benched last game or was hurt, so if he is slow out there, lets hope someone is ready to fill in other than Seeler.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is going to be a very hard series. Edmonton didn't play physical against us at all really -- that's about to change in a big way, I'd say. I really don't know how the Hawks will hold up to that.

I said it in the Oiler series and I'll say it again: I think Colliton needs to load up his top two D pairs and throw Boqvist on the third tandem with limited minutes.
Vegas also has defense, depth, and goaltending--something Edmonton didn't.

The 'hawks most certainly can be a spoiler for them as long as they play it like Game 4--especially the 3rd period...but that means everyone stepping it up--and those that have--keep it turned up to 11.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a strange feeling that Dach is really going to bust out tonight and have a big game.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I have a strange feeling that Dach is really going to bust out tonight and have a big game.

If anything, whoever is left in this tournament now knows that Kubalik and Dach are people they need to watch. I think both of them could get shut down if Vegas decides to let Kane, Toews and Saad try to beat them and strangle everyone else. I hope Highmore gets some time with top lines if things start going downhill to try to get some deflections.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Vegas also has defense, depth, and goaltending--something Edmonton didn't.

The 'hawks most certainly can be a spoiler for them as long as they play it like Game 4--especially the 3rd period...but that means everyone stepping it up--and those that have--keep it turned up to 11.

I don't know how our bottom six will hold up against a team like Vegas; it could get ugly.

It'll be imperative for the Hawks to actually function on the PP if they want to win this series, because I imagine Vegas will be in the box often, particularly if their game plan is to play a physical style.

And obviously the PK needs to be much, much better this series than it was against Edmonton

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Alright... honest truth time... I had forgotten Highmore even existed. Had no clue who he was, and when he gave up the really bad goal in game 1 or 2 or whatever I was ready to eject him to mars. I still have no recollection of how he got on this team, but I'm at least less mad that he's here. Hope he continues to break out becuase you can see a lot of room there.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lenhar just confirmed as game one starter.

I still go back to Team Canada with Highmore. Crosby led the superstar canadians gushing over this guy and how he worked. I was wondering what they were waiting for, now I see.