**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
In 2023, Robert Quinn will no longer be under contract with the Bears, in all likelihood.
But not because of an expiring contract, which is what you stated. Face it, you made a mistake by saying expiring contract instead of being cut. That is a small mistake, but you are making it worse by trying to defend it.

It is about time to stop rolling around in your own crap.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
yeah yeah yeah, I was told the same thing last year when I said the Bears 2022 Cap was an illusion.

Bears Cap in 2022 is fine. It's a complete tear down this year. It's better for them to suck this season and get a high pick rather than try to sign pricey free agents to continue the mediocrity

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Bears should move Whitehair to the Bucs ASAP & hope Quinn plays well to get a decent return in October.
Idt anyone would trade for whitehair he is so over paid. But a contender for sure would go for Quinn his contract for what he brings to the table is decent

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Idt anyone would trade for whitehair he is so over paid. But a contender for sure would go for Quinn his contract for what he brings to the table is decent
Even a 6th for Whitehair is useful. Bucs are having injury issues on the line, send them Whitehair and get a pick and one of their receivers(they have ridiculous depth).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The writer asks if you would of rather had Amari Cooper or one of our 5th round picks in Braxton Jones or Dominique Robinson since the Browns got Cooper for just a 5th round pick, but if B.Jones turns out to be a legit starting LT in this league then that's an easy answer on that one.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Even a 6th for Whitehair is useful. Bucs are having injury issues on the line, send them Whitehair and get a pick and one of their receivers(they have ridiculous depth).
Do they have the cap to do it?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So the Bears in 2023 need to replace:

Roquan Smith (FA)
Robert Quin (expiring contract)
Brain Pringle (1 year contract)
Reily Reif (1 year contract)
Michael Shofield (1 year contract)
David Montgomery

While also likely needing to extend Jaylon Johnson, Cole Kmet and Darnel Mooney

That 2023 Cap money is going to disappear faster than anyone on here imagines, and that is just to maintain the status quo of one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

Quinn is under contract for 3 years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It means it would become advantageous to release him, as his dead cap is now at a level that actually permits it. I didn't say he was a free agent now, did I?

This is shit you just made up. If Quinn has another 10 sack year then we can easily keep him.

ok, let's play.

Resigning Smith -20 mil

Extending Kmet/Johnson/Mooney -20 mil
(of course you could wait, and then have another smith situation on your hands next year)

Replace at least one O-lineman -10 mil
add one decent WR -12 mil
replace edge -12 mil
fill remaining roster -20 mil

And those are all ho-hum mid level signings

Smith would not have a cap hit of 20m in year 1.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You’re an idiot.

Attack the argument and not the poster. Shit like this just encourages back and forth personal attacks, which have no place in this thread. No one wants to sift through two people going back and forth.

Have a reply timeout. 3 days.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Attack the argument and not the poster. Shit like this just encourages back and forth personal attacks, which have no place in this thread. No one wants to sift through two people going back and forth.

Have a reply timeout. 3 days.

Sorry I used the word "noob" in replying to @nc0gnet0