**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Canth

Liked Posts:
To begin with, both of them do. So it is already up to 2 people.

More importantly, did you even notice that they were arguing about football? How often does a football discussion even happen on CCS?

We should all give a fuck and expect and demand more football related arguments and discussions.

While I would normally agree with this sentiment...it looked to me like it was simply a slightly underthrown pass. Mooney made an adjustment to it and the DB made a play when given the opportunity...during what? the 3rd or 4th day of practice and with no pads on? Seemed a bit of over analysis for what actually happened.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
While I would normally agree with this sentiment...it looked to me like it was simply a slightly underthrown pass. Mooney made an adjustment to it and the DB made a play when given the opportunity...during what? the 3rd or 4th day of practice and with no pads on? Seemed a bit of over analysis for what actually happened.
Oh, I am not even bothering about the actual play, but for someone to say, "who gives a fuck" for one of the few football related discussion in months is completely silly.

More football talk and less ... everything else. Right now it is about 1% football and 99% everything else.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
As for a whole lot of assumptions, there a 6 paragraphs and:

1. the first paragraph states what you said, which is that you did not expect the Bears to go after any big name free agent offensive linemen. This is not an assumption, it is your own words. There is an assumption at the end which is that you expected Poles to sign some of the non-big named players. Either this is true or you expected Poles to not sign any free agent o-line players. Even with my assumption being wrong, you should not have been underwhelmed with what the Bears did because your expectation would have been no o-line players, so that would not be an underwhelming result with the signing of any players in that situation.

2. In the 2nd paragraph, I gave the number of Bears on the team, this is a fact, not an opinion.
I then had a question for you to answer.

3. The third paragraph was about who they went after but ended up failing in getting. These are all facts. Now you could have been sad with the results, but not underwhelmed, seeing that you didn't even know the Bears were targeting them.

4. The fourth paragraph is just some simple logic, not opinion. If you didn't expect the Bears to even go after the top names, how can you be underwhelmed when the Bears took 6 swings at the lower tiers, three of them being from a tier or two lower than the top tier?

5. the fifth paragraph IS my opinion completely. It doesn't make sense that the Bears did exactly what you expected them doing and then you were underwhelmed. So a gave my opinion of your true mindset just to make sense of your arguments. You wanting 2 or 3 top tier o-line players would create the situation of you being underwhelmed with the results because the results would have been so much lower than your dream scenario.

6. The final paragraph talks about the decision made at the times they were made. Poles was smart and brought in some of his better free agents right before camp, getting "deals" for waiting. Yes, Reiff was expensive but how much more expensive and how many more years would the Bears have had to pay if they got him in the first wave?

If you answer the question in paragraph 2, it would give a lot more clarity to why you think that the offseason was underwhelming, seeing who was on your mind as possible FA signings.
I appreciate how you are trying to be a good poster, but you are responding to someone who claims to have not missed a game in over 40 years yet has a pattern of speech in his posts that suggests that he is in his early to mid twenties. He is little more than an obstinate jackass.

Your effort is appreciated by everyone with the attention span to read six paragraphs.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Oh, I am not even bothering about the actual play, but for someone to say, "who gives a fuck" for one of the few football related discussion in months is completely silly.

More football talk and less ... everything else. Right now it is about 1% football and 99% everything else.
I am personally energized to see Lance v Fields. Their program fields competitors without mind of where they lack talent, and Lance has every opportunity to take advantage of it. I want to see Fields put up 6 touchdowns week 1 to shut a few people's mouths.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Wonder how people rank Kyler Gordon’s camp so far. It feels like Brisker had impressed more, had the smoother transition. Of course have to give Kyler time, but wonder how he compares with Andrew Booth Jr’s camp, who was right there in the draft and has all the physical tools.

All the reports on Velus sound great to me. Mooney, Pringle, Velus, and ESB could be a pretty solid 4, if not spectacular, for all the criticism of the WR corps.

And o-line as always is my biggest concern. Lucas Patrick hurts for smoothing out the inconsistencies on offense we’re experiencing. Definite need some veteran leadership somewhere on offense
If Velus Jones can do what he has done so far when the pads come on, all that off season talk about lack of talent around Fields goes out the window.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I appreciate how you are trying to be a good poster, but you are responding to someone who claims to have not missed a game in over 40 years yet has a pattern of speech in his posts that suggests that he is in his early to mid twenties. He is little more than an obstinate jackass.

Your effort is appreciated by everyone with the attention span to read six paragraphs.
Thanks to you and the rest who read my posts.

I was just trying to see if he would respond with some names to see if that would make for an acceptable offseason and if it would not have broken the bank.

I, for one, am satisfied with the attempt to better the offense. There is a mix of young players and older vets to survive the 2022 season, while gaining experience for the future. Is it going be problematic? Yes, but I expected a tough year for the offensive line. With the recent additions, it might not be quite as bad as I expected it to be.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Robinson has all the talent and skill a WR could want in this league, and I hope the best for him. I am rooting for the Rams to maintain their success if only because it will keep Rodgers from getting another ring.
It doesn’t matter who Rodgers faces in the playoffs, there is a 99% chance he gets knocked out before the Super Bowl.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Thanks to you and the rest who read my posts.

I was just trying to see if he would respond with some names to see if that would make for an acceptable offseason and if it would not have broken the bank.

I, for one, am satisfied with the attempt to better the offense. There is a mix of young players and older vets to survive the 2022 season, while gaining experience for the future. Is it going be problematic? Yes, but I expected a tough year for the offensive line. With the recent additions, it might not be quite as bad as I expected it to be.
I think it’s tough to have conversations like that with him because he never has a definite answer for you. He has stated on numerous occasions that Poles has had an underwhelming offseason but never once mentioned what he would have done to make it acceptable.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think it’s tough to have conversations like that with him because he never has a definite answer for you. He has stated on numerous occasions that Poles has had an underwhelming offseason but never once mentioned what he would have done to make it acceptable.
It is an ego problem.

And to be frank, I had a similar ego problem in my twenties. It is fairly common.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, I just wanted you to put in the effort of answering a poster who goes through the effort of writing a complete post for you instead of just a quick "not going to read that" post. That is just weak and that is a problem with lots of posters here, not just you.
Okay, thanks for the help and i hope my answer was good enough for that poster.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As for a whole lot of assumptions, there a 6 paragraphs and:

1. the first paragraph states what you said, which is that you did not expect the Bears to go after any big name free agent offensive linemen. This is not an assumption, it is your own words. There is an assumption at the end which is that you expected Poles to sign some of the non-big named players. Either this is true or you expected Poles to not sign any free agent o-line players. Even with my assumption being wrong, you should not have been underwhelmed with what the Bears did because your expectation would have been no o-line players, so that would not be an underwhelming result with the signing of any players in that situation.

2. In the 2nd paragraph, I gave the number of Bears on the team, this is a fact, not an opinion.
I then had a question for you to answer.

3. The third paragraph was about who they went after but ended up failing in getting. These are all facts. Now you could have been sad with the results, but not underwhelmed, seeing that you didn't even know the Bears were targeting them.

4. The fourth paragraph is just some simple logic, not opinion. If you didn't expect the Bears to even go after the top names, how can you be underwhelmed when the Bears took 6 swings at the lower tiers, three of them being from a tier or two lower than the top tier?

5. the fifth paragraph IS my opinion completely. It doesn't make sense that the Bears did exactly what you expected them doing and then you were underwhelmed. So a gave my opinion of your true mindset just to make sense of your arguments. You wanting 2 or 3 top tier o-line players would create the situation of you being underwhelmed with the results because the results would have been so much lower than your dream scenario.

6. The final paragraph talks about the decision made at the times they were made. Poles was smart and brought in some of his better free agents right before camp, getting "deals" for waiting. Yes, Reiff was expensive but how much more expensive and how many more years would the Bears have had to pay if they got him in the first wave?

If you answer the question in paragraph 2, it would give a lot more clarity to why you think that the offseason was underwhelming, seeing who was on your mind as possible FA signings.
No offense but i'm not going to read all of that. Again no offense but i just don't care enough to keep going back and forth about the fact that i think and will keep thinking Poles' offseason has been underwhelming. This is my opinion and many others feel the same way because i was in all the threads after free agency signings stopped and the draft was over and many were and are not happy with what Poles has done so far. Maybe some of them have changed their minds after the signings of Reiff and Schofield but i wouldn't know if that's true or not.