***OFFICIAL*** XFL Discussion Thread: CFL / XFL Merger

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the only way this league works is if they let fights happen. Or something drama filled like scripted finish move tackles.
Think about it. A fight would be plastered all over ESPN with every talking head ranting about it. This would give the XFL enormous publicity, good or bad.
If it is just good, honest football there is already college and NFL with the AFL bringing up the rear.
XFL has to bring something other to the table.

Vince has stated multiple times that it won't be a gimmick league and no crossover talent. AKA... Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns won't be suiting up.

Also, no one with a criminal record will be allowed to play in the XFL.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am excited to see some double forward passes.

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
Vince McMahon will give this project a good 3 seasons. He has the ego and the money. I personally hope it's a huge success as it's more football in a time where normally it's the wilderness.

I'd love to hear peoples thought's as to why NFL team's don't push for some type of practice squad league.
Change the contract's so it protects the club's from poaching but a practice squad league would allow player's to develop while showcasing their ability to their parent club and future clubs.
It wouldn't even need to be on TV just stick it on their own franchise network's, gamepass etc and allow it to grow without the pressure of TV ratings

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Those team names, and logos, are horrible. People with Billions of dollars couldn't find a more competent graphic designer and idea man/woman? Off to a good start Vince.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vince McMahon will give this project a good 3 seasons. He has the ego and the money. I personally hope it's a huge success as it's more football in a time where normally it's the wilderness.

I'd love to hear peoples thought's as to why NFL team's don't push for some type of practice squad league.
Change the contract's so it protects the club's from poaching but a practice squad league would allow player's to develop while showcasing their ability to their parent club and future clubs.
It wouldn't even need to be on TV just stick it on their own franchise network's, gamepass etc and allow it to grow without the pressure of TV ratings

Agreed.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tanner "Jerry White Rice" Gentry sighting.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are they bringing back that cool sprint for the ball to start the game instead of a coin toss?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dallas Renegades will be my team. Gonna kick ass!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have heard of 3 of those players. Going to be a great season!

Tanner Gentry was in the list somewhere....

A part of my Chicago Bears fandom died inside me.... like the day Airese Curry was cut

?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why do people continue to make attempts at establishing pro football side leagues? It'll be out of business in a year or two like all the rest of them.
For the same reason that Bears fans hope for a QB. It was successful 50+ years ago so it could happen again. Luckman = the AFL.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think the only way this league works is if they let fights happen. Or something drama filled like scripted finish move tackles.
Think about it. A fight would be plastered all over ESPN with every talking head ranting about it. This would give the XFL enormous publicity, good or bad.
If it is just good, honest football there is already college and NFL with the AFL bringing up the rear.
XFL has to bring something other to the table.
So we have to replace Floyd as well as a bunch of offensive linemen in the draft?