Old Man Peters knows how to play

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah I agree. Borom stays at LT just as insurance. Not really fair to the kid to flip him from one side to the other.

Im not really worried about Ifedi yet. First preseason game for him and just shaking off the rust. He wasn’t great last year but was better than last night.

Outside of that first drive I thought the oline as a whole was decent. Still zero push, but at least that performance probably wouldn't get Dalton killed week 1.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's one of the best tackles of all time, but you got meatballs on here who watched football for 6 years so now they are the experts on the topic.
He's 40 and fat.

It doesn't matter what he used to be.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
To me, they both looked like they needed the reps but they were survivable.
Yeah first reps for both Peters and Ifedi so they'll need time and better get help from TE/RB/someone in first couple games. I'm so happy we have Borom who sure looks like he can start at multiple positions, but that's obviously going off of very limited game time we've seen from him. I could see Borom taking the starting RT spot if Ifedi isn't looking good by the end of game 2.

You see they had A.Bars playing C for Foles?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah first reps for both Peters and Ifedi so they'll need time and better get help from TE/RB/someone in first couple games. I'm so happy we have Borom who sure looks like he can start at multiple positions, but that's obviously going off of very limited game time we've seen from him. I could see Borom taking the starting RT spot if Ifedi isn't looking good by the end of game 2.

If peters can hold his own at left the majority of snaps that would be huge. I'd then assume kmet/James would block in line a ton like you mentioned.

I'm not too worried about week 1. Week 3 will be the real test when they have to face garrett and clowney.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You just find anything to bitch about, right?

We know what he is. He's also probably the best LT we've had since Leno in 2018.
Him being fat is reality. It's not pessimistic.

Being old and fat is not a issue of perspective - it is what it is.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't see Ifedi losing his job without a ding.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will he wind up being better than Leno ?

At least a half grade better ??

Improved left side automatically

Make them run laps and that little hill for a half hour twice a day, every other day, until 4 days before SNF

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You just find anything to bitch about, right?

We know what he is. He's also probably the best LT we've had since Leno in 2018.
It's a pot of Bears negativity at the end of his black rainbow.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Him being fat is reality. It's not pessimistic.

Being old and fat is not a issue of perspective - it is what it is.

Yea, if it was anyone else it would be. You just find anything you can to nitpick, is kinda the difference.

I implore you to re-watch Ifedi

Not gonna bother watching another preseason game. The line just looked bearable(no pun intended) after the first drive.

If you can get below average LT play from peters and have ifedi play RT the way he did last year I would consider it an overall win compared to what we had just a week ago.

msadows

Liked Posts:
...the bar is so low here.

For what? No one expects ifedi or peters to be the answer, we all just hope they are mediocre enough to allow our rookie qb to make plays out there.

You legit spend so much time worrying about shit involving a 7-10 team at best. Only thing you should care about is whatever #1 does out there.

Pace has figured out the hardest position in sports finally, it seems. Now the ez mode starts. Fields will make us perrenial playoff contenders even with scrubs like ifedi at tackle. It's what superstar qb's do all over the league.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For what? No one expects ifedi or peters to be the answer, we all just hope they are mediocre enough to allow our rookie qb to make plays out there.

You legit spend so much time worrying about shit involving a 7-10 team at best. Only thing you should care about is whatever #1 does out there.
...#1 isn't going to be doing much if he gets a concussion playing behind this line.

Also

"No one could play behind this line, Tom Brady couldn't play behind this line." - you, in 2019 defending Mitch.