Old Man Peters knows how to play

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2018 playoffs against Eagles. Peters demolished Mack. Not for nothing, the guy is still damn good at this age. Hope he stays healthy. The PFF grades are garbage, he played with a bad shoulder most of the year.

Did the trade come with a time machine? If not then the above is not particularly relevant.

Dude gave up 8 sacks in about half the snaps as Leno who gave up 5. So he was on pace for like 14-16 sacks given up. Now maybe he rejuvenates his career here but he is a huge ? right now.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Did the trade come with a time machine? If not then the above is not particularly relevant.

Dude gave up 8 sacks in about half the snaps as Leno who gave up 5. So he was on pace for like 14-16 sacks given up. Now maybe he rejuvenates his career here but he is a huge ? right now.
You talking about the Mack trade?

All I am saying is when healthy and even 70% of the player he was in 2018, things will look good. He played with a messed up shoulder for most of the season until they were bound to miss the playoffs.

This is nowhere near prime Peters, but I bet you he would still stalemate Mack. Just a massive human being.

Speed rushers concern me, but he showed some quick ass feet against TN.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You talking about the Mack trade?

All I am saying is when healthy and even 70% of the player he was in 2018, things will look good. He played with a messed up shoulder for most of the season until they were bound to miss the playoffs.

This is nowhere near prime Peters, but I bet you he would still stalemate Mack. Just a massive human being.

Speed rushers concern me, but he showed some quick ass feet against TN.

No meant the Peters signing. Said trade by mistake. Look it is entirely possibly you are right and once healthy he can hold up.

However, the major problem with that is he is old. So first and foremost, maybe he can't in fact stay healthy anymore and last year was the beginning of the end. Second, even if he does stay healthy it is quite possible last year is indicative of his play at this stage of his career. Only time will tell.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Borom will play both RT and LT simultaneously. Yes.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
No meant the Peters signing. Said trade by mistake. Look it is entirely possibly you are right and once healthy he can hold up.

However, the major problem with that is he is old. So first and foremost, maybe he can't in fact stay healthy anymore and last year was the beginning of the end. Second, even if he does stay healthy it is quite possible last year is indicative of his play at this stage of his career. Only time will tell.
Fair! Hear you there. Fingers crossed.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace setup Jenkins to fail.

Let's not do the same with the 5th round guy. Make Borom beat out Ifedi at RT.

Teven Jenkins is dead to me. Pace shouldn't count on him next year either. The position is too critical.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Pace setup Jenkins to fail.

Let's not do the same with the 5th round guy. Make Borom beat out Ifedi at RT.

Teven Jenkins is dead to me. Pace shouldn't count on him next year either. The position is too critical.
funny because next year’s 2nd will have to be spent on a CB since we lost Fuller

LT should be best bet FA available

greg23

Liked Posts:
I don't expect much from Peters and would be surprised if he made it to Thanksgiving without being hurt.

Would love to see Borom share some reps early on and develop. He looks more the part of future LT and developing him this year would be huge.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't expect much from Peters and would be surprised if he made it to Thanksgiving without being hurt.

Would love to see Borom share some reps early on and develop. He looks more the part of future LT and developing him this year would be huge.

Peters actually looked solid, man. For an old fat man he moves better than 99% of ccs. That guys how feet like a dancer, still usually the first one out of the snap too.

if you can get right tackle to be the only major hole on the line a smart coach could easily hide that weakness…..but we have Nagy so

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, that was brutal.
It was but he was playing with an injury due to the OL missing other players. Injured toe in week 3, returned a few games later and then needed surgery on it in early Dec after a few more games. He may well be done but it's difficult to know from last year's play. Personally, I would start Borom and have Peters in the ready.

Leno has looked better this preseason. Much less complacent on his sets etc. Looks like the move finally motivated the mope. Still early.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
It was but he was playing with an injury due to the OL missing other players. Injured toe in week 3, returned a few games later and then needed surgery on it in early Dec after a few more games. He may well be done but it's difficult to know from last year's play. Personally, I would start Borom and have Peters in the ready.

Leno has looked better this preseason. Much less complacent on his sets etc. Looks like the move finally motivated the mope. Still early.
I think Borom has the potential to start at LT some time this season, but as of now he still has some technique issues to clean up. This is like Daniels his rookie year when technique wise he was not ready to start until mid-season.