Orlovsky: Concerns with Caleb

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
While no GMs decision is going to be based on Orlovsky, there are valid criticisms of him. Orlovsky does bring some up and they are probably concerns to teams.

Williams has incredible deep accuracy when he has time to throw. There is no question about it and he will most likely be drafted 1 by someone unless there is some massive behind the scenes issues with negotiations.

Reactions: 1ke

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I mean the thing is there are plenty of valid criticisms of Caleb Williams.

The idea that he can't play within an offense is just stupid and can be disproved by simply watching any of his games beyond his highlights. Now, you can argue he needs to play more within the offense. That's valid, and sometimes he's going to have to work on in the NFL. But to say he doesn't run an offense or for some reason isn't capable of running an offense is just dumb. It means all you've done is watch his highlights.

He has all the same question marks as all QBs do when it comes to transitioning from a simple college offense to an NFL offense and in terms of his ability to diagnose and read defenses.

He's also a uniquely talented passer, as good a pure passer as has entered the draft in a long time.
He's GENERATIONAL. Just like Trevor Lawrence.

Speaking of, what time do the Jags play this weekend again?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Wasn't it Orlovsky who had Fields pegged as an MVP candidate before the season began?

everyone gonna have hit and misses tho. that goes for all professions who are looking at future, whether it be stock market, election related, etc. Orlov just happens to be on camera so of course it'll raise <i told ya so> butt hurts.

that being said, Bears win the division in 2024 with Fields and Caleb has a meh rookie season with another team. #CALLEDIT!!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

mbison

Liked Posts:

I’ve never really cared for his takes and I still don’t.
Same guy who said Fields would be in the MVP conversation this season. Fields is looking more and more like Marcus Mariotta at this point

Bust

Liked Posts:
This is why I don’t listen to pundits, whether their views align with my own or not. They’re so clearly full of shit.

just watch in face value tho. Like your favorite late night. They all entertainment to get the masses talking. It be boring if everyone was harping the same thing, yes? no? maybe so?

Good shit

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If I remember correctly it was pretty heavily debated whether him or Ryan leaf should go #1, right?
Manning the better QB...........Leaf the more athletic QB. Great college quarterbacks between the white lines. These QB's are a perfect example of why it so important for GMs to go beyond just what they see on tape.

ColumbusRod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Detroit Tigers
  1. Dallas Mavericks
  1. Cleveland Browns
  1. Detroit Red Wings
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
I mean the thing is there are plenty of valid criticisms of Caleb Williams.

The idea that he can't play within an offense is just stupid and can be disproved by simply watching any of his games beyond his highlights. Now, you can argue he needs to play more within the offense. That's valid, and sometimes he's going to have to work on in the NFL. But to say he doesn't run an offense or for some reason isn't capable of running an offense is just dumb. It means all you've done is watch his highlights.

He has all the same question marks as all QBs do when it comes to transitioning from a simple college offense to an NFL offense and in terms of his ability to diagnose and read defenses.

He's also a uniquely talented passer, as good a pure passer as has entered the draft in a long time.
I think Caleb is like Field's, in that they are both great athletics, but hold the ball too long. Maybe waiting for the perfect play to develop, or wanting to go deep all the time? I think they are both slow at processing and making good decisions. Then when the play breaks down, they get sacked, or escape and make an incredible play. I agree with Dan, 90% on his take. Justin had all day, at OSU, to make a throw. There is not that much time in the NFL, even with a good offensive line.

ColumbusRod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Detroit Tigers
  1. Dallas Mavericks
  1. Cleveland Browns
  1. Detroit Red Wings
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
While no GMs decision is going to be based on Orlovsky, there are valid criticisms of him. Orlovsky does bring some up and they are probably concerns to teams.

Williams has incredible deep accuracy when he has time to throw. There is no question about it and he will most likely be drafted 1 by someone unless there is some massive behind the scenes issues with negotiations.
After the Bryce Young debacle, I really don't see anybody giving away the farm for Caleb.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think Caleb is like Field's, in that they are both great athletics, but hold the ball too long. Maybe waiting for the perfect play to develop, or wanting to go deep all the time? I think they are both slow at processing and making good decisions. Then when the play breaks down, they get sacked, or escape and make an incredible play. I agree with Dan, 90% on his take. Justin had all day, at OSU, to make a throw. There is not that much time in the NFL, even with a good offensive line.
Williams isn't slow at processing. That is an objective fact. What you'll see from him continuously is going through his progressions on time and choosing to pass on the layups (sometimes) to hold on for a bigger opportunity.