OT: Brewers Trade For Greinke

Status
Not open for further replies.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
This trade almost tells the Brewers have no intention on keeping Fielder.

I think it's a good trade for both. I still like Gallardo over Greinke.

Greinke will help out a lot, but not as much as people think. That's all I'm saying.

Also, the Brewers offense is OK. They have Braun and Filder, really. Hart is hit of miss. Escobar killed the Cubs, so I'm happy he's gone. Also, the Brewers will be kinda good but they still need more pieces.

Also, their pitching in their farm system is shitty now. Wold was good, but sucked last year so I don't think he will help too much and the 5th starter won't be good. So, there's still a lot of questions.

Right now, I still have the Reds in first, Brewers in second, Cards in third, Cubs in fourth, Astros in fifth and the Pirates in 6th. However, injuries plays a big role and can mix up the early predictions standings.
I think it gives them a better chance at keeping Prince. They're gonna have to extend Greinke for this trade to look worthwhile and this will show Fielder that Milwaukee is looking to contend. Plus w/ their farm system decimated w/ this trade they'll need to keep him IMO

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, the Cardinals rotation is arguably on par w/ the Brewers rotation.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it gives them a better chance at keeping Prince. They're gonna have to extend Greinke for this trade to look worthwhile and this will show Fielder that Milwaukee is looking to contend. Plus w/ their farm system decimated w/ this trade they'll need to keep him IMO

They do want to keep him, but will he take a discount? The Brewers don't want to give him a 100M contract.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
They're keeping Holliday in LF and putting Berkman in RF. Their defense is going to suck w/ a slow 1st baseman in RF and no Brendan Ryan.

No, they said the opposite in the news.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no this does not push the cardinals to 4th because of holliday being a bad RF and theriot on the team. seriously.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that this puts them into 2nd, with us at 3rd and the Cardinals at 4th. I am really not a fan of Theriot or Berkman. At all. Plus, their defense is going to suck ass with Holliday in RF.

but i thought holliday was good according to you......... "TZL, total zone with location, is basically another form of UZR. 5 years: Soriano was great with a 23.6 TZL, 2nd to only Mr. Crawford. 4 years: 3rd to Carl and Holliday, with a 2.3, which is still considered average. 3 years: -2.6, which is still average, but it was good enough for 2nd."

so since you arent a "fan" of theriot and berkman that is how you project standings?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the cubs will not finish above the cardinals..any sig bet takers? Please. Please. please!!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Greinke is good, but he won't be as good as he was with KC. Bold prediction.

Also, the Cubs probably would have to trade Castro and that would make no sense whats so ever.

Big difference is, Greinke will have an offense this time with the Brew Crew.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Brewers still suck. They got an ace though. But they gave up a lot for him so i doubt they do very well this season and Prince will probably leave because i don't see the Brewers giving out two 100 million dollar contracts that close to each other.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tell CO to do the same, this time im holding to my 1 year sig. no mercy

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Brewers still suck. They got an ace though. But they gave up a lot for him so i doubt they do very well this season and Prince will probably leave because i don't see the Brewers giving out two 100 million dollar contracts that close to each other.

they didnt give up shit.

greinke
gallardo
marcum
Wolf
5th guy (parra)

plus having fielder, hart, braun in the lineup doesnt hurt. they are solid.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did you bend in the first place?

because he went to the sox which was just more salt in the wound for him, just the fact that he didnt sign with the cubs and went to the sox is enough of a punishment for his horrible bet.

now he states that the cubs will finish in 3rd with the cards in 4th, i cannot wait to bet him on this one....waldo i didnt want to bet because waldo is doing out of defending the cubs, CO actually believes it. i would bet 100,000 in vegas that the cards finish ahead of the cubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.