OT: Cowboys release Jaylon Smith

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why did he get cut?? Seems like he’s been rather solid, if not above that
One of my best friends is a Cowboys fan, he has said he isn't the same guy since 2020. Much slower and rarely on the field. After he got his big contract, he has fallen off

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought he was a freak athlete when drafted? I know he had the injury, but did it zap all his speed?

No. He got his speed back, got a fat contract, and then fell off. Maybe motivational issues?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Cowboys have lived on primetime this year and he's looked atrocious. Like a completely different player than when he was on his rookie contract. Fact is everyone has this problem with veteran contracts, some guys get paid and just stop caring.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
One of my best friends is a Cowboys fan, he has said he isn't the same guy since 2020. Much slower and rarely on the field. After he got his big contract, he has fallen off
Sure but still solid. If nothing else, insurance for Ogletree

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Sure but still solid. If nothing else, insurance for Ogletree
Its going to take more time than there is left in the season for him to get back in shape. Maybe you sign him and stash him for 2022? That's an interesting gamble. But honestly, the guys the Bears have on the practice squad are probably going to contribute more for this season than he will. Guy is probably cooked.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That's a shocker. He had 154 tackles last year & was 1st team probowler the year before. Never been injured. He didn't fit Dan Quinn's new scheme apparently & they drafted Parson's, but they just released him which saves them nothing against the $10m cap hit & $7.2 (before guarantee's) salary.
Never been injured…?? Lol

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would be a upgrade

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congrats to him. That was a major comeback. He should be proud. Hopefully he invested that money.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
this year he has thus far. Watch the tweet I posted. He’s been slow as fuck, it’s why he got sat
Given his massive knee injury, it was impressive he came back like that. Wonder if the knee is just falling apart though

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
as soon as you see him play you'd instantly regret your comment
He's already making over 7 mil this year. He will come cheap if there is not a bidding war on him.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be a scheme thing. Maybe he's playing slow due to not feeling comfortable in Quinn's scheme.

Or his knee is starting to decay.

Or he got paid and is loafing.