My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That can't be much of a long-term contract right? Their team finances are a mess!

10veitout

Liked Posts:
That can't be much of a long-term contract right? Their team finances are a mess!

No they aren't lol. Stop making up nonsense.

Our cap is nearly maxed out to maximize our last seasons with Rodgers, with his contract coming off the books after we trade him, nearly a third of our cap will be cleared of of that alone.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:

Our cap is nearly maxed out to maximize our last seasons with Rodgers, with his contract coming off the books after we trade him, nearly a third of our cap will be cleared of of that alone.
Dead money means dead money.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

I really do hope that Rodgers is done in GB after this year. But I got a feeling that he and Gutekunst will make up in some gay way and he will finish his career in GB and be elite for maybe 3 more years.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Not my words, bro! They are well aware of a wave of roster turnover. The Bears are equally stupid, but let's hope not ~$27 million in dead cap to one player stupid.

1633630819844.png

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Dead money means dead money.

We dont have much dead money on the books for next season. Aaron Rodgers will count for 14 mil of dead money after we trade him, but that's it.

Our cap is maxed out, thats the only criticism of our cap salary to be had. With Rodgers and Davante off the books next season, that will clear up almost half of our cap.

edvedder10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah when Rodgers and Davante are gone Packers should have plenty of $$$

10veitout

Liked Posts:
I really do hope that Rodgers is done in GB after this year. But I got a feeling that he and Gutekunst will make up in some gay way and he will finish his career in GB and be elite for maybe 3 more years.

Doubt it. Were in too deep at this point. Love is starting as of next season.

It's an aggressive move, but if Love is a baller it will pay off. Rookie contract QB for three seasons, and everything we can get for trading a 38 year old MVP QB. (Fresh off a SB win)

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Not my words, bro! They are well aware of a wave of roster turnover. The Bears are equally stupid, but let's hope not ~$27 million in dead cap to one player stupid.

View attachment 14638

He is referring to the fact that we will financially have to let Rodgers and Davante go. Yes, we have to make a major roster adjustment to weather the cap storm.... like trading Rodgers and letting Davante walk.

Rodgers won't be 27 million in dead cap lol. He would have been had we traded him this season. He will be around 14 million of dead cap after we trade him next season.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He is referring to the fact that we will financially have to let Rodgers and Davante go. Yes, we have to make a major roster adjustment to weather the cap storm.... like trading Rodgers and letting Davante walk.

Rodgers won't be 27 million in dead cap lol. He would have been had we traded him this season. He will be around 14 million of dead cap after we trade him next season.
To be completely honest, nobody cares. Thanks for the thoughts though.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We dont have much dead money on the books for next season. Aaron Rodgers will count for 14 mil of dead money after we trade him, but that's it.

Our cap is maxed out, thats the only criticism of our cap salary to be had. With Rodgers and Davante off the books next season, that will clear up almost half of our cap.
14? Try nearly $27,000,000. $19,173,568 in 2022 and $7,673,570 in 2023. As things currently stand they are looking at $33,770,001 over the cap next year, and trading Rodgers doesn't even come close to covering that. Nice try though.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said he was done, I said he isn’t as good as he used to be.
It's because he is in a 3‐4...he was a stud in a 4‐3....he flashed several times this season, but also can't get off blocks

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can't cover anyone at this point.
According to Cowboy fans he has been there best LB in coverage and only one not to give up a reception of 20+ yards....he has a issue of getting off blocks. Also Parsons beat him out, and money next year were a bigger factor

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe he had a lot of tackles because he played MLB on a team whose D was messed up.
Exactly their entire defense was messed up from the switch. 4-3 MLB doesn't usually result in a good ILB in a 3-4

10veitout

Liked Posts:
14? Try nearly $27,000,000. $19,173,568 in 2022 and $7,673,570 in 2023. As things currently stand they are looking at $33,770,001 over the cap next year, and trading Rodgers doesn't even come close to covering that. Nice try though.

That's the dead money on Rodgers contract? Lol, no. Source?

Edit: I looked it up. 26 mill in dead cap next year, 7 mill in dead cap the year after.

That's nothing. 26 mill is a decent amount of dead cap, but nothing catastrophic (opposed to the 55 mill dead cap had we traded him this season), and it's offset by the fact that our new QB (Jordan Love) would still be in a rookie contract.

You seem to also seem to not know the difference between cap hit and dead cap. Trading Rodgers or releasing anyone wouldn't 'cover' dead cap. Dead cap can't be covered or changed.

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Doubt it. Were in too deep at this point. Love is starting as of next season.

It's an aggressive move, but if Love is a baller it will pay off. Rookie contract QB for three seasons, and everything we can get for trading a 38 year old MVP QB. (Fresh off a SB win)
Well, the Packers would get a lot for Rodgers whether they in the Super Bowl or not assuming he is still playing at the same level at the end of the year. Probably multiple 1sts and a couple players.