My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Color me SHOCKED that you feel this way. Honestly, you've done creepier things on these message boards than Watson ever did to a massage therapist.

You probably view Ben Rapistburger as an upstanding dude and a HOF qb.
racist

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
He could still be suspended which could limit his trade market.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Who cares? This is a Bears forum. You guys are starting to a act like Nc0gnet0 with Stafford…

Yogi

Liked Posts:
And just to clarify, the reason I called it a “money grab” from the jump is because it had all the earmarks of being a money grab. What do I mean? As an attorney I have settled many lawsuits so I speak from experience — the tale to tale sign I looked at (and any attorney would look at) was the fact these ladies went the civil route (seeking a settlement/money) BEFORE ever going the criminal route. It was only AFTER Watson did not pay up that the attorney sought to have these ladies pursue criminal action against Watson. The fact that more ladies joined in only meant that more ladies saw an opportunity to get paid, and the lawyer saw an opportunity to increase the pressure on Watson.

Make no mistake, the whole thing has been a shitshow. Watson clearly f’d up by opening himself up to something like this by the careless way he behaved. But carelessness and even crudeness does not a crime make. What happened today proves that.

I am sure Watson has learned a very valuable lesson and will conduct himself differently from here on out.

The reason the criminal route was pursued after the initial civil suits is that the burden of proof placed upon sexual assault survivors in criminal cases is a ridiculously high bar to clear, and is one of the biggest shortcomings in the entire justice system.

Their lawyers would have advised this and recommended they pursue the easier path to a semblance of justice, i.e. the civil suits, but some of the women obviously still felt compelled to push for criminal charges.

This in no way exonerates Watson in a legal sense, and the prosecution can even disregard the grand jury’s findings if they still feel they have enough evidence to pursue a criminal case. Though sadly they likely won’t due to what I stated above.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade Fields and Texans pick of (Monty, Roquan) for Watson and a 3rd round pick

DO IT
How about trade Fields for Watson and a third

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
He needs to hire a female pimp.....er madam who can let prospective masseuses the deal before the situation goes left

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The teams that will likely show interest:

Tampa Bay
Indy
Minny
Seattle
Pitt
NYG
Philly
NO
CLE
Carolina

Remember, he has a no trade clause, so he gets to pick where he wants to go in a way.

I can see Pittsburgh. They've got a solid team.... and Brian Flores, who Watson seems to really like, was hired on as a defensive coach. Won't be involved with Watson directly, but they'd still be in the same building together.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Tampa and Cleveland make the most sense from a "win-now" perspective.

I have no idea what did/didn't happen with Watson and his accusers. The only thing I will say is their lawyer acted more interested in gaining publicity than anything else and I can't help but wonder how much that impacted the proceedings.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he will end up at either Tampa or Pitt

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He should go to the Raiders, he can get all the legal rub and tugs he wants in Vegas and never end up in this position again