OT: EA Madden Racists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
This is a Bears related post. Because, the Bears are in Madden. Im pretty sure they have had china special in their playbook at some point. So has EA associated the Bears and the NFL with racism?

With the term blitz being scrutinized today, it triggered a memory and made me wonder about a play in Madden called, China Special.

China Special has been a pass play around for years on Madden, easily dating back to the early 2000s. Its used in various formations and has evolved to promote different combination routes.

However, the basic concept of the play is generally a slant.

I remember seeing the original china special in earlier versions of Madden and it was 3 wrs running slants. I wish I had an old copy of madden to screen shot that

However, here is a play I randomly found on the internet

Ravens play book from madden 21.

I Form - Slot - China Special (NOTE the primary target is a slant)

ravens_i-form_slot-flex_china-special.png

Can we get the cancel culture rolling on this one? So we football gaming fans can get the non racist 2K back in the mix.

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Can this thread be more stereotypical Fozzy.

wocka wocka

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Can this thread be more stereotypical Fozzy.

wocka wocka

Do you play madden? If so, you know this play and its concept.

Do you support their possible casual racists attack on billions of Chinese? Are you okay that the Bears are associated with the likes of them?

This is actually pretty serious shit.

Its not just accidently in one madden on one play. Where they can say one dumb guy was at fault. Its been in Madden over a decade across dozens of development teams. EA Tiburon, racism, its in the game?

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
in case anyone is missing the point, China Special = slant play = "slant" = racial name for Asians.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Ahh now we know why the world is so fucked up. Let’s all go protest tomorrow and break shit, who’s with me?

Whos talking breaking shit?

Whats really fucked up, is EA Tiburon having a play in their arsenal for nearly 20 years, if not longer, associating Chinese special with the slant. Their possible casual open racism for all the world to see. Associating The NFL, their teams, their partners and every player in the league with blatant unapologetic racism.

Do you think Justin Fields knowingly wants to be in a game that calls Chinese slants.

I do wish I were more well connected. Anyone know anyone big on twitter/youtube that could get this rolling though.

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
They should’ve named it the Uighur genocide, maybe Fozzy’s vagina wouldn’t have been so hurt by the words used

So rather than talk about the issue at hand. You want to mention a atrocity committed at the hands of CCP? Are you implying this is a justification to be openly racist against chinese people?

Are you a Madden fanboi?

Liked Posts:
Who talking breaking shit?

Whats really fucked up, is EA Tiburon having a plays in their arsenal for nearly 20 years, if not longer, demeaning Chinese. Their casual open racism for all the world to see. Associating The NFL, their teams, their partners and every player in the league with blatant unapologetic racism.

Do you think Justin Fields knowingly wants to be in a game that calls Chinese slants.

I do wish I were more well connected. Anyone know anyone big on twitter/youtube that could get this rolling though.
Do yourself a favor and watch an Asian commercial depicting a black person.

Or even better yet, ask some Asians if they’re offended by this play call name.

Wtf is it with the hyper oversensitiveness? You’re offended? Fine, don’t play it. Or get a life.

Liked Posts:
So rather than talk about the issue at hand. You want to mention a atrocity committed at the hands of CCP? Are you implying this is a justification to be openly racist against chinese people?

Are you a Madden fanboi?
It’s called prioritization. It’s what responsible adults do in life. Focus on real issues then maybe you can waste time on stupid shit like this.

And to answer your question, I haven’t played madden or video games in over 10 years

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Do yourself a favor and watch an Asian commercial depicting a black person.

Or even better yet, ask some Asians if they’re offended by this play call name.

Wtf is it with the hyper oversensitiveness? You’re offended? Fine, don’t play it. Or get a life.

So I take it you are against ASIANs in general? Whats this Asians generalization speak?

Im specifically talking Chinese. Sure they are asians, but not all asians are chinese.

You seem a bit limited in your thinking.

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I may be wrong, but if you score on that play, I think MADDEN screams out....Boom! Now that ended up being a happy ending!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
It’s called prioritization. It’s what responsible adults do in life. Focus on real issues then maybe you can waste time on stupid shit like this.

And to answer your question, I haven’t played madden or video games in over 10 years

Oh okay, I get it now. You don't think racism is a problem. AND that people should not prioritize addressing it.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
EA is a trash company

Status
Not open for further replies.