OT: EA Madden Racists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Your vagina still hurting?

Why would my vagina be hurting? You have to bring more than two inches to the table.

Are you still mad at the realization that Chinese are Asians but not all Asians are Chinese.

Peanut

Liked Posts:
Do yourself a favor and watch an Asian commercial depicting a black person.

Or even better yet, ask some Asians if they’re offended by this play call name.

Wtf is it with the hyper oversensitiveness? You’re offended? Fine, don’t play it. Or get a life.
Validating racism by citing racism in the opposite direction is literally the worst comeback you could have made. With that logic it’s okay to be racist towards any race because there’s bound to be people in that race who are racist. Check yourself.

I’m Chinese and I had no idea what OP meant at first because I was oblivious to the term “slant.” But if what OP alludes to is true, I do agree that it should be changed. I won’t go as far as saying EA is racist as much as they were simply ignorant to the term like I was. But I’m not going to let somebody Asian come here and comment that they aren’t bothered, so that they can appease the majority who don’t like talking about racism.

Hypersensitivity is a thing in today’s society, I agree, but you can’t be pulling that card in every instance. FFS do you not see that this is a play named after a demeaning Chinese stereotype? I have the same feeling towards this that I’m sure many black players would have if a play was named after a demeaning black stereotype. I won’t give an example, but just imagine how that would play out.

Or just have some compassion and put yourself in the shoes of a minority (if you aren’t one), and imagine how you’d feel about a popular terminology being demeaningly named after a physical feature of yours. Sure, not everyone’s going to be offended, but they certainly have the right to be.

Peanut

Liked Posts:
Ahhh I held out some hope that that dude was just misinformed and a bit insensitive.

But judging by his reaction to my comment, there’s no point really. Some people just enjoying flaunting their “I’m privileged so IDGAF” attitude while hiding behind their screens. I shouldn’t have bothered with him but I hope it was useful to some.

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
What is the narrative for the play Double China? There aren't any slant routes in that play. Am I to assume that Double China is racially acceptable, but China Special is racially insensitive due to the inclusion of a slant route?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
A typical China route is based off a hi-lo route. In a smash hi-lo route the x receiver slants inward back towards the QB......ironically the China version of hi-lo does not have the x receiver slant. He turns inward horizontal to the line of scrimmage.

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
The OP's assumption that there is some racial connotation with China special is absolutely incorrect. This is what happens when you play Madden but don't know or understand real football concepts. China is a passing concept that has been around for ages. It has nothing to do with a slant pattern.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Is China Town also racism when they life in USA? Could go in both ways... ??

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
The OP's assumption that there is some racial connotation with China special is absolutely incorrect. This is what happens when you play Madden but don't know or understand real football concepts. China is a passing concept that has been around for ages. It has nothing to do with a slant pattern.

Talking football concepts and EAs use on china special are two entirely different things.

You can go back years into EAs use of China Special and the SLANT. Its on record, its in the game.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You hit on every white stereotype out there, well done Sherlock

btw I’m a black trans woman who identifies as Chinese
are you saying black trans women who identify as chinese are incapable of being homophobic and racist and therefore less than white people?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
tenor.gif
:dog:

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
Talking football concepts and EAs use on china special are two entirely different things.

You can go back years into EAs use of China Special and the SLANT. Its on record, its in the game.
The slant pattern has nothing to do with the play name. The play is called China Special due to the passing concept. Would it make you happy if the slant pattern was replaced with a 5 yard out, because that would still be a China design. Pretty much every team in the NFL and NCAA run plays utilizing the China concept. That is why it is included in Madden. Untwist your panties, and stop trying to make something out of nothing. Any racial motivation for this exists solely in your mind.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
The slant pattern has nothing to do with the play name. The play is called China Special due to the passing concept. Would it make you happy if the slant pattern was replace with a 5 yard out, because that would still be a China design. Pretty much every team in the NFL and NCAA run plays utilizing the China concept. That is why it is included in Madden. Untwist your panties, and stop trying to make something out of nothing. Any racial motivation for this exists solely in your mind.

First time I saw China Special in Madden was ALL Slants. No Hi lo knife, snag etc.

It was a straight out slant attack.

Stop confusing the concept with its use in madden.

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
First time I saw China Special in Madden was ALL Slants. No Hi lo knife, snag etc.

It was a straight out slant attack.

Stop confusing the concept with its use in madden.
Cool. Let me know what year of Madden the all slant China special was in. I'd love to see it.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Cool. Let me know what year of Madden the all slant China special was in. I'd love to see it.

I cant remember exactly atm. It was awhile ago, but It was engrained into my memory socket. I remember seeing it and being like WTF and looking at my buddy who started laughing. Perhaps it was 04. The one with Vick on the cover I think. I might have to go searching for an old copy, just to find it.

When I get really bored. Ill start collecting old versions of Madden on PC to see if I can find its inception and report back to you.

I Wish I had some older consoles, It would make it easier.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

The China concept is about clearing out a short route. It can include a slant. Slant of course being a descriptive term for a route run on a slant, and having no connection to the racial slur. You don't know what you're talking about, and thinking that any of this is racist says way more about you than EA or Madden. I suggest you use your righteous energy on solving any of the countless actual problems in the actual world.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
It's interesting for me to learn, how passing and running concepts names.
For a relativ football Newbie, is there a site to read / learn this stuff?
Thanks

Found this one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.