OT- Eli Manning, could he be any more of a douche?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
From the ESPN article "Eli Manning needs consistency at WR"

..................Cruz and Nicks both missed offseason practice time last year due to the way they were handling their own personal health and contract issues, and both said that they would make sure to put in a full offseason this year (for Nicks, that assumes he doesn't leave via free agency). Manning said he'd appreciate that, no matter who his wide receivers are.

"I think the offseason is very important," Manning said Monday. "That’s where you kind of set your fundamentals and you get on the same timing with a lot of things. If there are things from the season before you needed to improve on, that’s the time where you kind of can dedicate those hours and you have time in the offseason to make those improvements, to talk things over and to make sure if you have bad habits, you can fix them
. So I think that’s what the offseason is for because once you get into the regular season, everything has got to be in place. It’s got to be kind of set in stone. You can make little improvements here, but the practices are more. ... You’re going against the scout team and you don’t get as much live coverage like you do in the spring and during the offseason."

So this little douche bag is half assed blaming his WRs for bad performance? Pot meet kettle.
The guy has led the league in interceptions in 3 out of 9 years as a sterter, he has never been out of the top 10 in interceptions in his career, and he is 3rd for most interceptions by an active player currently.
The guy is lucky he has a job, and has no business pointing fingers at anyone but himself first and foremost.

18 tds and 27 interceptions in 2013.... Yet he has the balls to point fingers at Cruz and Nicks.
Personally, I would say Nicks and Cruz are more solid as WRs than Eli is as a quarterback.
As it stands, If I had to pick a QB from the new your area, I would take Geno Smith over Eli any day of the week.... at least he is showing improvement.

.... The Author closes with this line "Nicks seems likely to leave as a free agent, but whether he's back or Manning's working with a new guy, he's going to need more consistency and reliability from the position as a whole if he's to rebound in 2014 from his very disappointing 2013

I am honestly shocked the guy was able to type the column with nose buried so far up Eli's ass.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"But he won Super Bowls, therefore he's automatically great and better than QBs who have never won a Super Bowl."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he was on Superbowl winning teams. You can say he did play clutch football in the playoffs a couple of times, but his inconsistency and turnovers are inexcusable. He sucks more then he's good.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
No, he was on Superbowl winning teams. You can say he did play clutch football in the playoffs a couple of times, but his inconsistency and turnovers are inexcusable. He sucks more then he's good.

I know, just trolling a bit. He didn't lose them games those years, at least in the playoffs. Their relentless pass rush had much more to do with their wins than the quarterback play.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know, just trolling a bit. He didn't lose them games those years, at least in the playoffs. Their relentless pass rush had much more to do with their wins than the quarterback play.

Yep. The biggest factor in both these Superbowls was their defense doing a stellar job against Brady.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
You can say he's the worst QB in the NFC East

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Remember when there were debates on whether or not Eli was better than Peyton?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Man, then what does it take.for someone to be a QB you can't win a super bowl with.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Man, then what does it take.for someone to be a QB you can't win a super bowl with.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

Without an elite defensive performance in the playoffs, you couldn't win with Eli.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remember when there were debates on whether or not Eli was better than Peyton?
That was a joke! Shows when you play for New York you get put on a higher
pedestal.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, really? You got all of that from Manning saying that practice is important?

I don't really see where he said anything wrong or untrue. Why do you think people get so excited about reports of BM, Jeffery, and Wilson training together in the offseason?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
lol, really? You got all of that from Manning saying that practice is important?

I don't really see where he said anything wrong or untrue. Why do you think people get so excited about reports of BM, Jeffery, and Wilson training together in the offseason?
This.

Hell, I reread the article to find out what was wrong with what he said.

Summary:
reporter: Eli, your receivers said they are ready to work all off season with you.
Eli: Sounds great.

Douche

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quite a bit of a stretch by the OP. Eli has never been described as a douche, quite the opposite really. Extremely easy going and no complaints.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Someone sounds like they are still upset he spurned the Chargers.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Bears fans are now officially bored. Let the offseason insanity begin.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
From the ESPN article "Eli Manning needs consistency at WR"

..................Cruz and Nicks both missed offseason practice time last year due to the way they were handling their own personal health and contract issues, and both said that they would make sure to put in a full offseason this year (for Nicks, that assumes he doesn't leave via free agency). Manning said he'd appreciate that, no matter who his wide receivers are.

"I think the offseason is very important," Manning said Monday. "That’s where you kind of set your fundamentals and you get on the same timing with a lot of things. If there are things from the season before you needed to improve on, that’s the time where you kind of can dedicate those hours and you have time in the offseason to make those improvements, to talk things over and to make sure if you have bad habits, you can fix them
. So I think that’s what the offseason is for because once you get into the regular season, everything has got to be in place. It’s got to be kind of set in stone. You can make little improvements here, but the practices are more. ... You’re going against the scout team and you don’t get as much live coverage like you do in the spring and during the offseason."

So this little douche bag is half assed blaming his WRs for bad performance? Pot meet kettle.
The guy has led the league in interceptions in 3 out of 9 years as a sterter, he has never been out of the top 10 in interceptions in his career, and he is 3rd for most interceptions by an active player currently.
The guy is lucky he has a job, and has no business pointing fingers at anyone but himself first and foremost.

18 tds and 27 interceptions in 2013.... Yet he has the balls to point fingers at Cruz and Nicks.
Personally, I would say Nicks and Cruz are more solid as WRs than Eli is as a quarterback.
As it stands, If I had to pick a QB from the new your area, I would take Geno Smith over Eli any day of the week.... at least he is showing improvement.

.... The Author closes with this line "Nicks seems likely to leave as a free agent, but whether he's back or Manning's working with a new guy, he's going to need more consistency and reliability from the position as a whole if he's to rebound in 2014 from his very disappointing 2013

I am honestly shocked the guy was able to type the column with nose buried so far up Eli's ass.

Being from jersey all I hear is how elite Eli is and love shoving his bad performances in giant fans faces but don't you think you are getting alittle angry? What he said wasn't that bad and nicks is Over rated.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think Bears fans are now officially bored. Let the offseason insanity begin.

Might be taking my annual summer sabbatical from the board soon lol.