1. Duke Blue Devils
Man our list is looking BLEEEEEEK right now

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Gobert wouldn’t have put this team over the top glad we didn’t make the trade

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The Twolves are sending 3 unprotected 1sts and a top 5 protected first ???

Wow

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Should we still talk about this in the FA thread, or only here?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to predict a title next season or anything, but Minny's lineup is too loaded with talent to ignore.

Edwards, Towns, Russell, and now Gobert. Their defense is bound to go from middle of the pack upwards. Towns and Gobert are also going to eat up all of the boards. And you don't really have to worry about spacing so much with Towns inserted as a 4, of sorts, with that two center lineup because Towns is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league.

I'll still take the Warriors or Suns over them though. Maybe the Clippers, Grizzlies, and Nuggets too.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to predict a title next season or anything, but Minny's lineup is too loaded with talent to ignore.

Edwards, Towns, Russell, and now Gobert. Their defense is bound to go from middle of the pack upwards. Towns and Gobert are also going to eat up all of the boards. And you don't really have to worry about spacing so much with Towns inserted as a 4, of sorts, with that two center lineup because Towns is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league.

I'll still take the Warriors or Suns over them though. Maybe the Clippers, Grizzlies, and Nuggets too.
Definitely talent on the roster. I’m not drinking the kool aid yet though. They’re still not contenders, IMO and they gave up FOUR 1st round picks (3 unprotected) to be pretenders.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Twolves are sending 3 unprotected 1sts and a top 5 protected first ???

Wow
Not to mention the player they selected in this year's draft, so effectively 5 1sts

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Not to mention the player they selected in this year's draft, so effectively 5 1sts
Didn’t realize that. That’s insane. Is Durant going to go for 10 1st rounders now? Yikes

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Gave up way too much. My buddy just told me Gobert or go home. All chips would seem to be in win now mode.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Towns and Gobert are two of the softest players in the league.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
3X defensive player of the year is soft?

:blank:
I'd give him town's, but calling gobert one of the softest in the league is absurd. I think towns defensive limitations might be even more glaring at PF though. And if they have gobert guard PF it could take away from him shutting down the paint. Not sure those two are a great match, but we'll see.

I am still salty the bulls have pretty much shit the bed as far as addressing weaknesses though because they are being cheap.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'd give him town's, but calling gobert one of the softest in the league is absurd. I think towns defensive limitations might be even more glaring at PF though. And if they have gobert guard PF it could take away from him shutting down the paint. Not sure those two are a great match, but we'll see.

I am still salty the bulls have pretty much shit the bed as far as addressing weaknesses though because they are being cheap.
Yeah, I agree on KAT being fine to call soft. But, I don’t think many, if any Defensive Player of the Years get called “soft.” That’s just silly talk. Like if dude doesn’t like Gobert, that’s fine…but to call him soft is just dumb

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
9B36FDEB-F524-4DB3-9325-304A59A54AF4.jpeg

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Towns and Gobert are two of the softest players in the league.
Minnesota had a decision to make. Either get rid of KAT because he's not the guy who can do the dirty work in the paint or find another big guy who can. Yes, it weakens their ability to switch on defense but it's going to put them on top of the NBA in terms of rebounding. Gobert is far from soft.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Minnesota had a decision to make. Either get rid of KAT because he's not the guy who can do the dirty work in the paint or find another big guy who can. Yes, it weakens their ability to switch on defense but it's going to put them on top of the NBA in terms of rebounding. Gobert is far from soft.
Gobert is soft. He doesnt bully anyone. His sure length get his rebounds. He is a good defensive player due to his size and length. He has no dawg in him and gets bullied on offense by smaller players.