OT: Gobert to Minnesota

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gobert is soft. He doesnt bully anyone. His sure length get his rebounds. He is a good defensive player due to his size and length. He has no dawg in him and gets bullied on offense by smaller players.
He can't guard the perimeter and gets dunked on by uber athletic wing guys like Wiggins and Edwards (as has ever rim defender has in the existence of the NBA).

I'd say Gobert was the single most important player on the Jazz the last several seasons in terms of helping them get wins. I understand why they kept DM though.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I mean if you want to critique Gobert I think you can say his hands aren’t great and he doesn’t perform as well in the playoffs…but soft? I wouldn’t label him soft

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean if you want to critique Gobert I think you can say his hands aren’t great and he doesn’t perform as well in the playoffs…but soft? I wouldn’t label him soft
I think people just think because he's French he's soft?

The irony is that Joakim Noah was a French center who was not even close to the player Gobert is, and no Bulls fan ever would call him soft on the court. Sensitive/emotional, yes. But soft? Nah

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to predict a title next season or anything, but Minny's lineup is too loaded with talent to ignore.

Edwards, Towns, Russell, and now Gobert. Their defense is bound to go from middle of the pack upwards. Towns and Gobert are also going to eat up all of the boards. And you don't really have to worry about spacing so much with Towns inserted as a 4, of sorts, with that two center lineup because Towns is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league.

I'll still take the Warriors or Suns over them though. Maybe the Clippers, Grizzlies, and Nuggets too.
No…you are right.

The Warriors might develop more if Wiseman took a step and Poole stays. But they just barely snuck their age through a championship with Boston and Dallas doing the dirty work for them.

Dallas was no match for team basketball and Boston was flummoxed by a 3 and D opponent. The D being key there.

That Minnesota team made noise without Gobert who fits them absolutely perfect.

MN is a contender. Edwards is great. Towns is great. And Gobert is great at his jobs.

Also…Towns just got 4th quarter legs on offense. His workload drops significantly.

I might drop a few bucks on them right now.

Mitchel and Gobert gave GSW Death Star as much issues as anyone I saw in its prime.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people just think because he's French he's soft?

The irony is that Joakim Noah was a French center who was not even close to the player Gobert is, and no Bulls fan ever would call him soft on the court. Sensitive/emotional, yes. But soft? Nah
No, Ive watched him play a ton. He is soft. Its why his playoffs arent great. Teams bully him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesnt perform well cause he is soft and get bodied by smaller players. He has no dawg. The only person with dawg in them on that team is Ant Edwards. Kat and Gobert are pillow soft.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He doesnt perform well cause he is soft and get bodied by smaller players. He has no dawg. The only person with dawg in them on that team is Ant Edwards. Kat and Gobert are pillow soft.
Kat is definitely soft. It’s just hard for me to label a multi time DPOY as soft. Maybe he doesn’t have top tier moxy, but that’s different than being soft.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kat is definitely soft. It’s just hard for me to label a multi time DPOY as soft. Maybe he doesn’t have top tier moxy, but that’s different than being soft.
Pleaae watch him play on playoffs. He is soft.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like anyone to show me a time Gobert was a beast?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhhh what? Somebody might wanna lay off the 4th of July drinking and CCSing
He has had a + in what 2 series in 4 years? Not soft at all being over 7 foot and around the rim.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why you keep referencing gobert offense. Nobody has ever accused him of being good offensively. His defense is what makes him definitively not soft.
Im not just referencing his offense. He is not this stopper on D and gets exposed on defense. He is soft. He could never take over a series. He has legit been abused in the playoffs. Im not sure why people think he is this stud. He isnt at all. All they do in the playoffs is play small and wreck him. Add his inability to finish at the rim do to having rocks for hands. He isnt a shit player. He is just not a game changer in any way and has been exposed in the playoffs his entire career. He is pillow soft.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He has had a + in what 2 series in 4 years? Not soft at all being over 7 foot and around the rim.
No clue what you’re attempting to say here. Hope you had a fun 4th celebration lol

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gobert is about efficiency in areas most players can’t get to.

He is a unique basketball asset and doesn’t have to be hard, he needs to stay in shape and just be long.

It was a perfect fit. His age and their window. What he does and reducing Towns dirty work load.

You might be able to push them both around but with two of them you ain’t getting many rebounds or clean looks inside.