OT: Hard Knocks

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Starts tonight and I have absolutely no intention of paying $17.99 a month for HBO... You guys know of any other ways to watch it?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if you get someone's HBO GO log in and password. In Fact HBO recently made a comment they're ok with people sharing their HBO GO log in info.
"Last week came the news that CEO Richard Plepler told BuzzFeed and CBS This Morning that it’s no secret to anyone that people are sharing: “It’s not that we’re unmindful of it, it has no real impact on the business.” He even recognizes how it can get people hooked and potentially bring in new subscribers. As Plepler bluntly put it, “We’re in the business of creating addicts.” Well, at least he’s honest about it"

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
if you get someone's HBO GO log in and password. In Fact HBO recently made a comment they're ok with people sharing their HBO GO log in info.
"Last week came the news that CEO Richard Plepler told BuzzFeed and CBS This Morning that it’s no secret to anyone that people are sharing: “It’s not that we’re unmindful of it, it has no real impact on the business.” He even recognizes how it can get people hooked and potentially bring in new subscribers. As Plepler bluntly put it, “We’re in the business of creating addicts.” Well, at least he’s honest about it"

hbo is pretty great. not like other providers of media that are deathly afraid of piracy

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Yep. I have a great VPN. It's fast, reliable, and keeps no logs. Get this and have fun ! I think it's only 40$ a year and WELL WORTH IT.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com

Same one I use. I no longer have cable in my house. Torrent everything and watch it a day later.

NFL Gamepass $200
VPN $40
Torrents Free

$240 a year for all my programming

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
Same one I use. I no longer have cable in my house. Torrent everything and watch it a day later.

NFL Gamepass $200
VPN $40
Torrents Free

Why are you watching things a day later. If you search a show and change the filter date, you can start to DL shows mins after it is over.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Why are you watching things a day later. If you search a show and change the filter date, you can start to DL shows mins after it is over.

I work overseas, it is early AM when they originally air. I watch them in the evening when I get home from work.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys are in so much trouble when the Egg Man gets here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

NFL Gamepass $200
VPN $40
Torrents Free

So i'm kinda computer illiterate so what is VPN and what does it stand for and what is Torrents?? I'm guessing this is all stuff that you have to watch on the computer?? Last question is if this is anything that will hurt my computer or cause any viruses or anything like that?? I know it's a lot of questions but would really apreesh if someone would take the time to help me out on those cause i'd love to be able to watch Hard Knocks??

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
So i'm kinda computer illiterate so what is VPN and what does it stand for and what is Torrents?? I'm guessing this is all stuff that you have to watch on the computer?? Last question is if this is anything that will hurt my computer or cause any viruses or anything like that?? I know it's a lot of questions but would really apreesh if someone would take the time to help me out on those cause i'd love to be able to watch Hard Knocks??

VPN is a Virtual Private Network. It is a way to mask your true IP address and creates privacy.

Torrents are a files that point a downloading program (uTorrent) to a web based location where the file is stored. These get downloaded and video files are usually .avi.

Download a media player, I use VLC and then you can watch the video.

I have a TV that has USB input and HDMI so I can play files through either input source.

Viruses are minimum, I scan all files before I open them.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

VPN stands for a Virtual Private Network. Essentially you dowload client software from the link I posted above. When you turn the VPN it hides your location and IP address from anyhting on the internet. Your IP will show as the VPN companies IP address and location. This Company I posted does not log who is connecting to their servers so you are invisible.

Torrent is essentially a peer-to-peer file sharing program that stores locations to files on the peers, so people share files. Yes it's possible to get a virus from dowloading torrents but very unlikely in videos and audio.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I use VLC as well and simply have my computer hoked up to my TV through HDMI. You can also use very cheap devices such as the raspberry PI. Setup is quick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I apreesh you guys answering those questions for me but to tell you the truth it still sounded like another language to me cause I really am that computer illiterate. Lol
But thanks again for replying to my post.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just want to clarify a little bit with regards to the VPN question.

What people have said is not wrong, but just clearer.... when you connect to a VPN every scrap of your internet traffic goes through the VPN (usually encrypted so no one can see what passes between you and the VPN server) so you are safe because a VPN server is doing all of the downloading for you from a country where the copyright laws do not apply. And if the VPN host does not log any of your activity then theoretically no one knows what you have been downloading on the internet.

But do keep in mind when connected to a VPN every request for anything on the internet.... web pages, FTP connections, torrent downloads, etc all get sent to your VPN server which then goes and does it on your behalf and feeds it back to you. So if you deal with one where they have limits you may want to make sure you only connect to it when downloading torrents. If it is unlimited then you may not care.

Also.... if you use a VPN in another country.... it may resolve websites to foreign versions instead of regular English ones.... just keep that in mind.

EDIT: One more note.... do not connect to your financial accounts or anything where they might do fraud monitoring while connected to your VPN.... lol I did that by accident and had my bank calling me thinking my account got hacked by someone in the Netherlands because my VPN connected to my account from the Netherlands.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I apreesh you guys answering those questions for me but to tell you the truth it still sounded like another language to me cause I really am that computer illiterate. Lol
But thanks again for replying to my post.

LOL I'm the same way. I don't know how it happened, because I'm on a computer all the time, but between the ages of 21 and 37, I've fallen way behind the level of my age peer group in computers. I'm 37 going on 67 when it comes to knowing anything about technology. The only thing I understood in chitownbears88's post was "TV". I do like the idea of not being raped by Comcast for TV, and would love to get all my TV that way, but it all sounds like Greek to me.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
LOL I'm the same way. I don't know how it happened, because I'm on a computer all the time, but between the ages of 21 and 37, I've fallen way behind the level of my age peer group in computers. I'm 37 going on 67 when it comes to knowing anything about technology. The only thing I understood in chitownbears88's post was "TV". I do like the idea of not being raped by Comcast for TV, and would love to get all my TV that way, but it all sounds like Greek to me.

Oh man, if I was near you I would get you setup. So many options as far as streaming to your TV. Do you have a laptop with an HDMI port?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh man, if I was near you I would get you setup. So many options as far as streaming to your TV. Do you have a laptop with an HDMI port?

No, I don't have a laptop at all.