OT: Hard Knocks

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it is weird. I don't use a cable company for internet. I only use my phones hotspot, and I have Netflix. I have metropcs and pay $60 a month for unlimited data, I'm sure I'm abusing it, but whatever, fuck them, they have more money than me, lol.

Oh, and I live alone now, so it's not like the internet leaves when I take my phone from the house and my family sitting home without internet. Shit works great for me.

So between, my phone, internet, and TV(Netflix) I pay $68 a month. Never had any problems streaming shit, even with multiple devices connected, and multiple devices streaming shit.

Interesting method for internet.... would not suit my needs but if it works for you it works for you.

I would be curious what kind of speeds your computer gets at home when on the mobile hotspot.... I can speed test my phone at 50MB+ by itself but there is always a lag between the devices and then I always feel like phone internet deals with a ton more dropped packets and has to retry connections alot as opposed to regular internet.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting method for internet.... would not suit my needs but if it works for you it works for you.

I would be curious what kind of speeds your computer gets at home when on the mobile hotspot.... I can speed test my phone at 50MB+ by itself but there is always a lag between the devices and then I always feel like phone internet deals with a ton more dropped packets and has to retry connections alot as opposed to regular internet.

I wouldn't even know where to begin doing a speed test on it. All I know, is that there is never any lag/buffering, or anything like that, ever. Shit, here's an example: My girlfriend is normally over my house all weekend, typically 3 days as she works 4 10 hr weeks. When she's here, she connects her phone to my hotspot all weekend because she has T-Mobile and only has 2 gb's of data a month. So her phone is connected to my hotspot, we're running Netflix on the TV with my laptop, her laptop is also connected and she's doing homework, and I'm out on the porch a lot with my tablet, that's also connected to my hotspot. No lag, ever. Me luvs dat shit. Been doing this for over a year now. Hope they don't catch me! ha!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't even know where to begin doing a speed test on it. All I know, is that there is never any lag/buffering, or anything like that, ever. Shit, here's an example: My girlfriend is normally over my house all weekend, typically 3 days as she works 4 10 hr weeks. When she's here, she connects her phone to my hotspot all weekend because she has T-Mobile and only has 2 gb's of data a month. So her phone is connected to my hotspot, we're running Netflix on the TV with my laptop, her laptop is also connected and she's doing homework, and I'm out on the porch a lot with my tablet, that's also connected to my hotspot. No lag, ever. Me luvs dat shit. Been doing this for over a year now. Hope they don't catch me! ha!

www.speedtest.net

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not bad man.... I would bet if you got a speedtest app on your phone and just tested your phone you get like 20+Mb down and 4Mb+ up.... not sure on the Metro PCS networks though.

Does your phone ever get hot as fuck when you are slamming it with handling internet traffic? Lol I would keep my phone somewhere cool if I were you

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not bad man.... I would bet if you got a speedtest app on your phone and just tested your phone you get like 20+Mb down and 4Mb+ up.... not sure on the Metro PCS networks though.

Does your phone ever get hot as fuck when you are slamming it with handling internet traffic? Lol I would keep my phone somewhere cool if I were you

Nah, phone never even gets warm.

I dunno whether it's good, or bad, I'll trust your opinion as I don't know shit about it. All I know is it never lags or anything, it's just like when I had Brighthouse internet, I can't tell a single difference. I have a 3 Bed, 2 Bath house, and the hotspot works throughout the whole house. I dunno, I like it. $68 a month for my phone and Netflix, it's all I need.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, phone never even gets warm.

I dunno whether it's good, or bad, I'll trust your opinion as I don't know shit about it. All I know is it never lags or anything, it's just like when I had Brighthouse internet, I can't tell a single difference. I have a 3 Bed, 2 Bath house, and the hotspot works throughout the whole house. I dunno, I like it. $68 a month for my phone and Netflix, it's all I need.

Hey man if it works for you and its more than affordable.... stick with it.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey man if it works for you and its more than affordable.... stick with it.

True dat, are those speeds bad or something, though?

And hell yeah it's affordable. As opposed to paying $120 month for internet and cable, plus a cell bill. Hate those fukin bastards. Shit, my girlfriend pays like $90 a month for just her shitty 2 gb's a month phone from T-Mobile, plus $120 for cable and internet, fuck that.

So she pay's like $210 a month, I pay $68, and she uses my shit! :D

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True dat, are those speeds bad or something, though?

And hell yeah it's affordable. As opposed to paying $120 month for internet and cable, plus a cell bill. Hate those fukin bastards. Shit, my girlfriend pays like $90 a month for just her shitty 2 gb's a month phone from T-Mobile, plus $120 for cable and internet, fuck that.

So she pay's like $210 a month, I pay $68, and she uses my shit! :D

Those speeds aint bad..... especially for running through a laptop off of a mobile hotspot.... but for home internet speeds I personally would not be satisfied.... especially on the upload speed I like to be able to serve stuff up whether its to one of my CCS brethren looking for the 2006 Arizona game or to myself when I am not home..... I have 12Mb up and that to me is just enough to be satisfactory.... and to give Comcast credit for once they do provide 50+Mb down and I only pay for 50Mb on the contract.... usually 56-57Mb.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those speeds aint bad..... especially for running through a laptop off of a mobile hotspot.... but for home internet speeds I personally would not be satisfied.... especially on the upload speed I like to be able to serve stuff up whether its to one of my CCS brethren looking for the 2006 Arizona game or to myself when I am not home..... I have 12Mb up and that to me is just enough to be satisfactory.... and to give Comcast credit for once they do provide 50+Mb down and I only pay for 50Mb on the contract.... usually 56-57Mb.

Gotcha. Thanks, Ares-bro

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
mods please move this thead to the nerd forum...

My nerd-skillz have assisted you more times than Kyle Fuller has stolen Tim Jenning's job

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cargo, your speeds are what I get with Time warner at my house. You' re good IMO.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Anybody see Tice on hard knocks? If there was any doubt that he's a meathead it's gone now.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So i'm kinda computer illiterate so what is VPN and what does it stand for and what is Torrents?? I'm guessing this is all stuff that you have to watch on the computer?? Last question is if this is anything that will hurt my computer or cause any viruses or anything like that?? I know it's a lot of questions but would really apreesh if someone would take the time to help me out on those cause i'd love to be able to watch Hard Knocks??

lols

Reactions: WCL

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Mike Tice looked like a dipshit on that show.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, just watched. Tice seems like a damn idiot. Mike Smith seems like he tries too hard to be one of the boys instead on the leader/authority.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, just watched. Tice seems like a damn idiot. Mike Smith seems like he tries too hard to be one of the boys instead on the leader/authority.

I have to agree about Mike Smith, but it's such a fine line IMO.

Wasn't that your first episode ever? The Bengals of a few years ago was pretty good if you ever want to see more. Personnaly, I love that behind the scene look that we just don't ever get to see as fans.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You guys think with the Martellus drama the Hard Knocks folks are kicking themselves lol.... you know they woulda been all over it.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
da meathead has not changed, no wonder Cutty was running for his life when Tice was coaching the line and O...

RWhite is acting like a kid, not sure if he's just acting up for the camera...kind of reminds me of TO and Ocho-cinco when they were on Hard knocks...

Coach Smith isn't wasnt I was expecting, he doesnt look to have a good grasp of the team or how to get them back on track IMO...seems like he just thinks he's going to them to muscle their way through everything...

and man, those are some serious camp scraps going on....

Last edited: