OT: Hard Knocks

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Welp time to sign up for Jester's VPN service.

I very rarely torrent stuff, but after dealing with shit tier Comcast customer support for an hour trying to make a simple change to my TV package earlier this week, I'm going to be torrenting more. Wankers.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I just popped over to the NFL site and using the Chrome Hola plugin (useful little guy) swapped to the UK and checked out their GamePass offering. 99 pounds for the season, anyone do this?

Specifically signing up and paying with a US based credit card? I guess I could use PayPal.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Welp time to sign up for Jester's VPN service.

I very rarely torrent stuff, but after dealing with shit tier Comcast customer support for an hour trying to make a simple change to my TV package earlier this week, I'm going to be torrenting more. Wankers.

This is what sucks... If I were to drop Comcast TV my internet price would shoot up.... and if you drop TV and torrent all your shows.... you cannot watch live TV stuff like sporting events or just flipping around some channels you like... you can get alot of it by streaming but then you have to deal with streaming quality and finding streams for all the stuff you ever want to watch.

I feel like I could drop TV and get the content I want with just internet but in the end I would probably save like 20$ a month and add alot of hassle to my routine.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
This is what sucks... If I were to drop Comcast TV my internet price would shoot up.... and if you drop TV and torrent all your shows.... you cannot watch live TV stuff like sporting events or just flipping around some channels you like... you can get alot of it by streaming but then you have to deal with streaming quality and finding streams for all the stuff you ever want to watch.

I feel like I could drop TV and get the content I want with just internet but in the end I would probably save like 20$ a month and add alot of hassle to my routine.

I came very close to getting one of these guys:

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...e=UTF8&qid=1407422965&sr=1-5&keywords=antenna

One of the guys in my department got that model and loves it. Says shit comes in crystal clear. The problem is he's in downtown Bellevue and I'm on the slope of a steep ass valley.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched the rerun last night. It was pretty good. With all the fighting at the Falcons camp, it makes me wonder what's going on with Bennett here? Different cultures obviously, and of course the preview for the next episode seems to focus on the fights and trying to eliminate them. Matt Ryan comes off as a tool when talking to the gatorade kids, but the RB who pulls a hammy and Roddy White seem pretty cool. Even Hester got some (like 10 seconds) talking time even though we don't see his face, and of course Tice sounds like a dope.

I look forward to watching more, and I truly wonder if it would be such a bad thing if our Bears got on the show. Meh.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Five pages and apparently no one actually watched the show? Some sparse comments on it but no real discussion.

Doug Plank

Liked Posts:
Five pages and apparently no one actually watched the show? Some sparse comments on it but no real discussion.

Watched it last night. Tice came off as a brown-nosing buffoon (kissing up to the team owner, idiotic comments). Another former bear, Bryan Cox, seemed even worse. The coaches generally seemed like a bunch of idiots. Thank god for Trestman.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another happy vpn user here. Watched the show tonight and was very entertained by the rookie who stood toe to toe with the OL and let him beat him 6 times upside the head. #45

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Hmmmmm......I didnt know the Bears were on Hard Knocks?

Maybe the German Soccer Team should be on Hard Knocks then it would be interesting.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the vpn is not really necessary unless you know you need it...

And damn, it sucked seeing hester on that show.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another happy vpn user here. Watched the show tonight and was very entertained by the rookie who stood toe to toe with the OL and let him beat him 6 times upside the head. #45

It was weird to watch mike smith laugh about that shit.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
the vpn is not really necessary unless you know you need it...

And damn, it sucked seeing hester on that show.

Wasn't it Hester that dropped the over the shoulder catch that was right through his arms and chest? I didn't catch the complete number on the play but it appeared to be Hester's new number.

Overall the show was pretty entertaining as usual and it will be interesting to see more coach and GM interaction as the program winds on. I'd love to see the. Bears on and get a better look inside how Emery and Trestman work on their roster/player evaluation.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I remember the last time I paid to go to a live NFL game that I gave a fuck about. Rex bombed to Hester vs the Giants in 2007 at home after a scoring drive. Hester dropped it. It was perfectly placed but it was at that point that I knew our season was over and the window was closed. Maybe I should blog.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I remember the last time I paid to go to a live NFL game that I gave a fuck about. Rex bombed to Hester vs the Giants in 2007 at home after a scoring drive. Hester dropped it. It was perfectly placed but it was at that point that I knew our season was over and the window was closed. Maybe I should blog.

I was at that game.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't even know where to begin doing a speed test on it. All I know, is that there is never any lag/buffering, or anything like that, ever. Shit, here's an example: My girlfriend is normally over my house all weekend, typically 3 days as she works 4 10 hr weeks. When she's here, she connects her phone to my hotspot all weekend because she has T-Mobile and only has 2 gb's of data a month. So her phone is connected to my hotspot, we're running Netflix on the TV with my laptop, her laptop is also connected and she's doing homework, and I'm out on the porch a lot with my tablet, that's also connected to my hotspot. No lag, ever. Me luvs dat shit. Been doing this for over a year now. Hope they don't catch me! ha!

you can download the 'speedtest ap'. My hotspot works great as well. It's true wireless. Heck, I was on the boat not long ago.... just turned on my lappy and dialed up my hotspot...and I was on the water, basking in sun drinking a beer, and browsing the internet. btw, I get about 25+/- mbps on my phone while browsing through my hotspot. I'd like to know how you pay only $68/mo, however. I can't see anyone giving enough data for that to be effective at that price. I pay about $120/mo for my cell, but can use it as much as I want.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, I guess we know why Hageman nearly fell all the way to the third...that dude's cardio is fucking terrible, and has a shitty attitude to boot.