OT: How good are the Jets with Aaron Rodgers?

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
The Bills took a step back last year and I think that trend will continue. In Miami, I'm sad to say, everything hinges on a guy with a history of concussions. The Pats are now a pretty average team and currently have the least amount of talent in the division. The Jets have talent all over that roster. I think Rodgers is revitalized in NY and has a stellar season. The Jets have a great defense, something Rodgers hasn't had in his career. He also doesn't turn the ball over and so the Jets can win a lot of games scoring 21 to 24 points. I think Rodgers can manage that.

I think the Jets win the division title but get beat in the playoffs by either the Bengals or the Chiefs.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
They could go 9-8/10-7 with him. But he's an above average QB at this point in his career

TL1961

Liked Posts:
As is typical in the NFL, their losses were by one score last year. Nine of them.

The difference between Zach Wilson and Aaron Rodgers should make up for many of those and their record will be better than a lot of people here predict.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm not expecting a "merely above average" Aaron Rodgers in 2023. I really do think the most likely outcome is he's MVP self for perhaps one last season, very motivated to stick it to the Packers and win a title with the first actually good roster he's had to play with in a decade and first actually good coach he's had probably ever. The second most likely scenario is the complete unraveling disaster-mode where it all falls apart. Distant third is him just being adequate, which is probably still good enough for the Jets to win that division but I just dont see it.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He could legitimately play every snap and miss out on the playoffs because when firing on all cylinders, Miami and Buffalo have a lot of talent that the jets can keep up with, but Rodgers might not have the gas that a younger QB does (which matters in tight games - can Old Rodgers evade pressure like Young Rodgers in ways that Josh Allen does today?)

At the same time, it is in our best interest that the jets have an incredible season and Rodgers breaks his collarbone again in week 8. The worse the return for GB, the better, and Rodgers is the kind of dirtbag that I dont feel remorse for wishing on minor misfortunes. Let us hope that he looks like a star again for 50% of the snaps and doesnt play the rest of the year.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Post this crap on the Jets board and ask them. Who cares
It says OT in the title. You aren't required to participate if you don't want to.

Back to the endless mocks!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not expecting a "merely above average" Aaron Rodgers in 2023. I really do think the most likely outcome is he's MVP self for perhaps one last season, very motivated to stick it to the Packers and win a title with the first actually good roster he's had to play with in a decade and first actually good coach he's had probably ever. The second most likely scenario is the complete unraveling disaster-mode where it all falls apart. Distant third is him just being adequate, which is probably still good enough for the Jets to win that division but I just dont see it.
Greatest qb the NFL has ever seen, arguably!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Chiefs, really hard to repeat. Not impossible, but they lost a few key players and their replacements might not pan out right away. Again, its brutal to repeat.

Bills, not a believer. Could miss the playoffs. This happens every year in the NFL.

Eagles, a threat for sure. I don't think they get another year like the one they just got out of Jalen Hurts or particularly their defensive line, though.

Fins, lol sure I guess. Not what I'd call likely.

Niners, sure. Their problems at quarterbacks are real problems though

Chargers, what? Lame duck coach. No way.

Cowboys, Jags and Ravens. Dumb.

What's dumb is you thinking the Jets have the best shot at winning the SB with an aging QB that chokes in playoffs. Does he make the Jets better? Sure! He def. will make them better. He won't win a SB with the Jets.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's dumb is you thinking the Jets have the best shot at winning the SB with an aging QB that chokes in playoffs. Does he make the Jets better? Sure! He def. will make them better. He won't win a SB with the Jets.

The part of this I find absolutely choke on my bud light(pun intended) hilarious,

is that the Jets had a terrible leader at the position to start 2022...a real cunty bitch of a man with no accountability who always fails to take credit for mistakes....

so they went out and found the ONE MAN, the one man, in all the NFL...searched hard and low for their QB hole (pun intended), and came back and actually traded valuable assets to make sure they got the only saucier bitch of a man there was to be had.

Saving grace, at least when Rodgers blames other people he rambles on and on with specifics about exactly what was supposed to happen in his warped fantasies.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t write off the Fins either. They arguably outplayed the Bills in the playoffs for a good bit of the game but kept settling for FG’s if I recall correctly.

Dolphins have a talented roster - It all comes down to keeping Tua upright and healthy.

Jets could actually finish third in this division.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Dolphins have a talented roster - It all comes down to keeping Tua upright and healthy.

Jets could actually finish third in this division.
Any team can finish anywhere. Pat Mahomes can snap his ankle in the third quarter week one and the Chiefs would be picking in the top five of the draft. You don't even need injuries for most teams to envision a disaster season. This is the NFL we're talking about, shit goes haywire all the time.

What we do know is there are a lot of historical trends that don't seem to change over time. One of of those trends are for teams to get worn out by deep playoff runs over the course of years and have oddly disappointing and/or injury riddled seasons seemingly out of nowhere. See what happened to the Rams just this last season. Another trend is for there to be late career, and I mean very late career, surges by veteran quarterbacks switching teams. In my football watching life this started with Rich Gannon and has applied to Brett Favre, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning since.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Any team can finish anywhere. Pat Mahomes can snap his ankle in the third quarter week one and the Chiefs would be picking in the top five of the draft. You don't even need injuries for most teams to envision a disaster season. This is the NFL we're talking about, shit goes haywire all the time.
Not sure exactly where you're getting this take from...other than it being a horrible one

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

What we do know is there are a lot of historical trends that don't seem to change over time. One of of those trends are for teams to get worn out by deep playoff runs over the course of years and have oddly disappointing and/or injury riddled seasons seemingly out of nowhere. See what happened to the Rams just this last season. Another trend is for there to be late career, and I mean very late career, surges by veteran quarterbacks switching teams. In my football watching life this started with Rich Gannon and has applied to Brett Favre, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning since.
Joe Montana to the Chiefs, Joe Namath to the Rams.

Rodgers could stay healthy all year and still finish third in the AFC East - it's a tough division.

Rodgers tendency the last couple of seasons is to fade late in the year in cold weather games. I can't think of any good reason why that would suddenly change in New Jersey.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Joe Montana to the Chiefs, Joe Namath to the Rams.

Rodgers could stay healthy all year and still finish third in the AFC East - it's a tough division.

Rodgers tendency the last couple of seasons is to fade late in the year in cold weather games. I can't think of any good reason why that would suddenly change in New Jersey.
I just don't think he was the problem in Green Bay for all these years post-2011 where they have failed to live up to their expectations. I do think he's never been able to be the solution to the Packers poor drafting, poor coaching and poor roster decision but I'm also not sure anyone (even Tom Brady) can be the solution to those problems.

That's just my read. I think the guy played brilliantly more often than not despite being betrayed constantly by his organization. Now he goes somewhere and the table is mostly set. Is this Jets roster as good as the Tampa Bay roster that Tom Brady won a Super Bowl with? It is hard to say. Hindsight can cloud everything, we want to say "no way" but the truth is I think it might actually be better. The coaching is a bit of a wild card though.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I just don't think he was the problem in Green Bay for all these years post-2011 where they have failed to live up to their expectations. I do think he's never been able to be the solution to the Packers poor drafting, poor coaching and poor roster decision but I'm also not sure anyone (even Tom Brady) can be the solution to those problems.

That's just my read. I think the guy played brilliantly more often than not despite being betrayed constantly by his organization. Now he goes somewhere and the table is mostly set. Is this Jets roster as good as the Tampa Bay roster that Tom Brady won a Super Bowl with? It is hard to say. Hindsight can cloud everything, we want to say "no way" but the truth is I think it might actually be better. The coaching is a bit of a wild card though.

Last year, they had a win-and-you're-in scenario the last game of the season against Detroit at home - The scored 16 points and lost.

The season before, they hosted the 49ers at Lambeau in a playoff game and scored 10 points and lost by a field goal.

I don't see that as great quarterback play. That's my read.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Last year, they had a win-and-you're-in scenario the last game of the season against Detroit at home - The scored 16 points and lost.

The season before, they hosted the 49ers at Lambeau in a playoff game and scored 10 points and lost by a field goal.

I don't see that as great quarterback play. That's my read.
I look at the Packers draft and free agent history combined his these worthless Bears-tier coaches they hire and its a minor miracle they make it that far. The Ted Thompson years were mostly very good (not perfect, but nobody is) until his mind started to go and you can very starkly see that dropoff. Then Brian Gutekunst took over and its been pretty much a disaster. Its like they have gone out of their way to fuck up that team.

And Aaron Rodgers still led that trash to thirteen win seasons three years in a row. Last year the wheels finally came off and all those problems came to roost. I get the impression Rodgers was at least somewhat (and entirely justifiably) demoralized by it. This collapse should've happened years sooner though, like 2018 or so should've been the end. The only viable reason I can find for it is that Aaron Rodgers played transcendant football through most of that time. The division was butt too, but usually bad teams that win bad division don't mount a higher win total than nine or ten. Packers blew past that number.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I look at the Packers draft and free agent history combined his these worthless Bears-tier coaches they hire and its a minor miracle they make it that far. The Ted Thompson years were mostly very good (not perfect, but nobody is) until his mind started to go and you can very starkly see that dropoff. Then Brian Gutekunst took over and its been pretty much a disaster. Its like they have gone out of their way to fuck up that team.

And Aaron Rodgers still led that trash to thirteen win seasons three years in a row. Last year the wheels finally came off and all those problems came to roost. I get the impression Rodgers was at least somewhat (and entirely justifiably) demoralized by it. This collapse should've happened years sooner though, like 2018 or so should've been the end. The only viable reason I can find for it is that Aaron Rodgers played transcendant football through most of that time. The division was butt too, but usually bad teams that win bad division don't mount a higher win total than nine or ten. Packers blew past that number.
TRANSCENDENT!