OT - " I’m Abstaining From NFL Football"

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can't fool us, Spartan. You know nobody can take your attention away from the quarter finals at Roland Garros.

casinnova

Liked Posts:
I didnt read every single comment, but while scrolling through I didn't see any mention of hockey. The Hawks playoff journey was INTENSE. it seemed like there was never 1 boring minute. I remember hockey being very boring as a child. I know the playoffs are more intense, but wow, the hawks come back against the wings was unbelievable. all those OT games. it was epic. talk about non-stop.... the guys have to change lines DURING the play of the game.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't fool us, Spartan. You know nobody can take your attention away from the quarter finals at Roland Garros.

Don't even know who he or her is. Watch football and MMA and basketball when the playoffs start. That's pretty much it. Still love watching many football games though. My kids made me cut down on my viewing hours this year though so I watch Bears and most of the night games and then just catch 30 minute replays of other interesting games.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tennis is entertaining to watch. I wish there was more parity.

Yeah, right now it's just Djokovic, Murray and Nadal. I hardly ever watch the shitty tournaments, and even the big ones, I don't start watching until the quarterfinals.

Tennis is a great game. It's one of these games like golf insofar as how difficult it is to play it functionally. Looks easy enough on TV but man it's difficult to play.

Yeah, I remember the first time before I played tennis I thought I would be good since I'm awesome at table tennis. Damn, was I wrong. Not only was it hard, it was tiring as fuck. It also didn't help that it was 90 degrees outside.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didnt read every single comment, but while scrolling through I didn't see any mention of hockey. The Hawks playoff journey was INTENSE. it seemed like there was never 1 boring minute. I remember hockey being very boring as a child. I know the playoffs are more intense, but wow, the hawks come back against the wings was unbelievable. all those OT games. it was epic. talk about non-stop.... the guys have to change lines DURING the play of the game.

Yeah, hockey is a great sport too. I'd watch more of it, but I'm a bigger fan of basketball... and both seasons go on at the same time. And it's harder for me to catch a bunch of hockey games.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
Yeah, hockey is a great sport too. I'd watch more of it, but I'm a bigger fan of basketball... and both seasons go on at the same time. And it's harder for me to catch a bunch of hockey games.

Same here. I wish one of them would switch over to summertime, because I couldn't possibly give any less of a shit about baseball.

Reactions: BNB

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same here. I wish one of them would switch over to summertime, because I couldn't possibly give any less of a shit about baseball.

I loved baseball as a kid. Now I can't sit through more than a half inning of it even if its the World Series. Haven't seen tennis since watching McEnroe for laughs and where in the fuck Roland Garros is, IDK but it sounds real phaggotty.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

agreed. I tried getting into baseball a couple of times, but failed each time. Waaaaaaaaaaaay too boring for me.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
After football is over I watch hockey until the Stanley Cup is done. I like soccer but prefer women's. US team is better and the girls dive less.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I watch the NFL to watch 10 minutes of action... yes...

But those 10 minutes are very calculated action sequences... almost like miniature battles in a war...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
How do you blame the NFL for a manipulated system that existed decades prior to the NFL?

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If watching a sport makes you happy then do it. If not why waste time bitching about it. There's always CCS to waste time.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The bathroom is overrated. For the 3 minutes I'm in there it's only action for around 20-30 seconds. Massive waste of my time.

Man, when I take a shit, I'll be in there for like 20 minutes sometimes. Fuckin games on my phone and YouTube.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bathroom is overrated. For the 3 minutes I'm in there it's only action for around 20-30 seconds. Massive waste of my time.

Agreed. I stopped using it to spend more time with my friends and family.

stats guy

Liked Posts:
Hybrid cars dont help the environment. We burn fossil fuels to create elecricity. And converting the energy from fossil fuel to elecricity to something your car can use is actually less effecient than pouring the gasoline into your gas tank, causing more greenhouse gases to enter the ozone layer, not less. Stupid hippies.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I agree. I have less and less time for it. I used to watch 4 or 5 games every week. This season so far I've watched 2 (the bears games) and a little bit of the opening Broncos Ravens game and that's it. I fully expect to end the regular season having watched a grand total of 16 full games. I just can't be bothered with it anymore this year.

Part of that is that NBC sports is covering the English premier league, so my extra time has been going mostly to that this year.
One of my other issues is that I referee football on Sundays. I started watching the game at 6:00 pm yesterday. I don't mind because I get to fast forward through shit, but it doesn't leave time for other games.

Agreed on the premier league. Been trying my best to keep up with that.