OT: Is Eli Manning a HOFer?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
He wasn't the greatest qb but two Super bowl mvp's against brady. Seems like a lock to me.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He wasn't the greatest qb but two Super bowl mvp's against brady. Seems like a lock to me.

I don't think so. He never was the best quarterback or even in the top 4-5 quarterbacks in any year of his career.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think he should but maybe because I hate brady.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
He probably will be because of the last name. He was good, but not HOF worthy.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think the two clutch sb victories against brady gets him in.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Brady killer probably gets in.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
If his name wasn't manning I would say no way. Besides two playoff runs he was very mediocre. Hard to say though, do you base it off of overall stats or the two Super Bowl victories? I can see both sides of the argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Eli will have an interesting place in history given his brother, the SB wins, and his overall mediocre play.

Here’s a better question though: who you rather have had Eli Manning, who got hot for two amazing SB runs and wins, or a QB who is much better but never gets in that streak that wins a/multiple Super Bowls (someone maybe as good as Aaron Rodgers or Matt ryan assuming they don’t win another/a SB here on out)?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I take Rodgers and blame Fox.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Eli will have an interesting place in history given his brother, the SB wins, and his overall mediocre play.

Here’s a better question though: who you rather have had Eli Manning, who got hot for two amazing SB runs and wins, or a QB who is much better but never gets in that streak that wins a/multiple Super Bowls (someone maybe as good as Aaron Rodgers or Matt ryan assuming they don’t win another/a SB here on out)?

Marino vs Eli?

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
yes he is. the SB wins get him in. and while his stats weren't amazing, they definitely weren't bad throughout his career.

he is a much better Terry Bradshaw.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Not first ballot, IMO. Should get in his second or third year of eligibility though.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yes he is. the SB wins get him in. and while his stats weren't amazing, they definitely weren't bad throughout his career.

he is a much better Terry Bradshaw.

Nah. There really is no comparison. I remember Bradshaw and he was a leagues better quarterback than Eli. Bradshaw was better in every phase of the game. Better arm. Better vision. And a much better athlete. Bradshaw could run and throw on the run. Eli was the essential system quarterback who absolutely needed a great offensive line and Coughlin built one for him. Bradshaw really deserved the HOF. Eli.......nope. He was basically Phil Simms.