OT: Josh Gordon walks away from football

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Of course hope the best for Gordon. The real 'football' story is the Patriots. This is the risk you take when you sign a guy who has a proven history of this happening over and over. Now with 2 weeks before the playoffs, they've got to figure out how to replace a huge piece of their offense - watch Brady and Bellichek do it, but I doubt they will.

Kevin White for a 2019 first round pick and a player to be named later :lol:

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
He's an idiot. Addiction is a choice, and i give less than zero fucks that this privileged idiot chose weed over millions of dollars. No one cries for Ricky Williams.....

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
i think that graph is a bunch of BS. GHB, Ketamine and ecstacy safer than cannabis? GTFO

They are starting to give ketamine infusions to severely depressed people and supposedly it has helped some.

I agree though, I think cannabis should be pretty far down the list there.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
He's an idiot. Addiction is a choice, and i give less than zero fucks that this privileged idiot chose weed over millions of dollars. No one cries for Ricky Williams.....

True, but I have more sympathy for someone dealing with an addiction than someone who committed a heinous crime. And didn't Ricky Williams walk away from the game on his own accord?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Josh Gordon has admitted to using hard drugs in the past, like cocaine. I don't know why this turned into a "weed isn't that bad thread."

Monster

Liked Posts:
It’s tough breaking habits... even small ones are hard, let alone the real demons.
I hope he gets it together... one would think the pure will it takes to play at the NFL level would be enough to concur such things. Just shows how powerful they are.
I deal with a lot of people who self medicate... it can pull the strongest to ruin. I know thoughts and prayers is a punch line these days... but Josh has mine.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gordon's problem is that he uses drugs to get totally fucked up. He referred to blackouts and mindlessly wandering looking for any drugs anywhere from anyone. One of anything is too much and a zillion is not enough mentality. PCP gets you wandering real quick.

I also noticed while during his rehab he stated at least THREE times that people were ENABLING him, like he learned some new terminology.

Even though this is true, a person is still responsible for their own addictive behavior.

It seems that part of the therapy took, but he found another term to spew about as he rationalizes his usage.

Apparently he tested Positive for Codeine in the past which is in the Opiate family. No telling what he uses.

I would think he just loves to get Up and then Down and doesn't care what he uses.

I don't know many people ( none ) that can sustain long intensive working out for a year or more that use cannabis regularly.

I doubt that the reason he is in default of his NFL guideline is Marijuana. I would guess it is from cocaine and Vicoddin or crack or heroin

In essence the dude is doing what is termed a "geographic" Moving away from the drugs....i.e. the influence of the NFL .... He needs to look inside at himself and become humble enough to WANT help.

It's really too bad that less than 1 person in 20 that goes thru rehab actually never uses again.

Thank You Father ... it has been OVER 33 years since I stopped using Everything and Anything like Gordon

( Sillypsybin...shrooms is OK BTW ) And makes quite a cocktail with LSD PCP and THC

Gordon also talks about cough medicine and just for a moment I thought he was going to talk about glue sniffin.

size 425 paper bags are well suited for that activity

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Josh Gordon has admitted to using hard drugs in the past, like cocaine. I don't know why this turned into a "weed isn't that bad thread."

Its grinding my gears too...not even sure the reasoning behind this latest "walking away" deal. But everyone in here is like "for weed?!!"

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
True, but I have more sympathy for someone dealing with an addiction than someone who committed a heinous crime. And didn't Ricky Williams walk away from the game on his own accord?

Yes. The difference is that Ricky Williams was a man about it and said "id rather get high". He didn't give any bullshit, woe-is-me story about it. He could have just waited to get suspended a bunch more times first too, but he didn't.

Edit: i agree that its better than kicking a small drunk girl in the head or something though.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Its grinding my gears too...not even sure the reasoning behind this latest "walking away" deal. But everyone in here is like "for weed?!!"

Hes not just walking away on his own accord. Hes facing yet another indefinite suspension, not some heroic self reflection.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hes not just walking away on his own accord. Hes facing yet another indefinite suspension, not some heroic self reflection.

Oh he is no hero IMO. But I saw and read about his insane addictions. The kid has extreme issues. I dont pity him. He is a grown man. I hope he gets help and kicks it all somehow, that's all.
My gripe with some posters is that they think he is walking away for some sticky icky.
Ricky Williams wanted to smoke weed. Josh Gordon would suck your dick for a hydrocodone it seems. It ain't just weed. If I can find some links I will post them...his addiction to all drugs and alcohol is very real.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Oh he is no hero IMO. But I saw and read about his insane addictions. The kid has extreme issues. I dont pity him. He is a grown man. I hope he gets help and kicks it all somehow, that's all.
My gripe with some posters is that they think he is walking away for some sticky icky.
Ricky Williams wanted to smoke weed. Josh Gordon would suck your dick for a hydrocodone it seems. It ain't just weed. If I can find some links I will post them...his addiction to all drugs and alcohol is very real.

He wakes up every morning with the same CHOICE to make that everyone else does. He chooses drugs and alcohol. Hope that life works out for him.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He wakes up every morning with the same CHOICE to make that everyone else does. He chooses drugs and alcohol. Hope that life works out for him.

Why would that life work out for him? Do you have anyone in your life that was addicted to something and fucked their life up? Not looking to get in a pissing match, but christ it's not so easy for a lot of people.
Like is said, I hope he gets help. He needs it.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Why would that life work out for him? Do you have anyone in your life that was addicted to something and fucked their life up? Not looking to get in a pissing match, but christ it's not so easy for a lot of people.
Like is said, I hope he gets help. He needs it.

I have plenty of experience with addiction. He can't and won't change unless HE wants to. He more than apparently does not. Hes gotten help before, and he's right back where he started. Some here might say, "lack of warrior spirit". I don't even feel bad for him at this point. My Thoughts are with his poor family and friends that have to see it. He's a selfish pussy. Harsh, maybe but it is what it is.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I have plenty of experience with addiction. He can't and won't change unless HE wants to. He more than apparently does not. Hes gotten help before, and he's right back where he started. Some here might say, "lack of warrior spirit". I don't even feel bad for him at this point. My Thoughts are with his poor family and friends that have to see it. He's a selfish pussy. Harsh, maybe but it is what it is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/10/browns_josh_gordon_opens_up_ab.amp

This is a decent article on his abuse and those enabling his lifestyle.

His "family" is most likely where his pain comes from.

There are rumors that his early life is so god damn gangster, movie studios are after the rights to tell the story.

It's all sad. Honestly, he would probably be a first ballot HOF maybe but in his brain, he only wants to party.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/10/browns_josh_gordon_opens_up_ab.amp

This is a decent article on his abuse and those enabling his lifestyle.

His "family" is most likely where his pain comes from.

There are rumors that his early life is so god damn gangster, movie studios are after the rights to tell the story.

It's all sad. Honestly, he would probably be a first ballot HOF maybe but in his brain, he only wants to party.

What a COLOSSAL waste of amazing abilities and talent.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His obvious Marijuana addiction aside, he sounds like he's fighting through some demons. Hopefully he gets a handle on his life. God bless him.

seems like the stresses of football are bad for him. Dude seems to clean up alright when he is away but always relapses when he starts playing again.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol I call bullshit

your posts in here don't reflect someone with "plenty of experience with addiction"

you try to talk like this at a meeting and you will get laughed out the room