1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Only saw the title from an RSS feed from MLBTR.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he's not as good as he used to be..but still a good closer

not a bad acquisition

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
K-Rod has a clause in his deal based upon the number of games finished making the option for next year guaranteed. I fear that my fantasy team is going to lose some saves because the Brewers can't let him get that option.

Word is that it is two PTBNL. Time for Hendry to pick up the phone and see what Reyes or Wright costs because the Mets have to be in worse financial shape then we thought.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
K-Rod has a clause in his deal based upon the number of games finished making the option for next year guaranteed. I fear that my fantasy team is going to lose some saves because the Brewers can't let him get that option.

Word is that it is two PTBNL. Time for Hendry to pick up the phone and see what Reyes or Wright costs because the Mets have to be in worse financial shape then we thought.

Hmmm...if they don't have to give up too much, maybe the Cubs can end up contending next year after all.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why this move totally blows for my fantasy team:
Cots baseball contract-
09:$8.5M, 10:$11.5M, 11:$11.5M, 12:$17.5M option ($3.5M buyout)

2012 option becomes guaranteed with:
55 games finished in 2011, and

100 games finished in 2010-11, and
doctors declare Rodriguez healthy after 2011

Rodriguez had 46 games finished last season and he currently has 34 this season. That gives him a combined total 80, and if he was the full time closer he would have no problem getting 20 more games finished by the end of the season, which enjoy that and the Braun deal combined next year Milwaukee. No way Santana is allowed to close any games til well into September, and even then only if Axford blows up.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

cmon now, lets think about reality, this isnt yahoo fantasy baseball.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
cmon now, lets think about reality, this isnt yahoo fantasy baseball.

The Mets are in trouble if they are dealing an overpaid but productive closer for two PTBNL and throwing in cash. I didn't say that the Cubs could get either, but the vultures are circling around the Mets right now. And I want my club to be one of those teams regardless of its position in the standings right now.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wonder how long it will take for K-Rod to punch a drunk in Milwaukee. :tiptoe:

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't believe they found a sucker for that Minaya contract.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anything that makes a team better in the Cubs division makes me smile :)

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Mets are in trouble if they are dealing an overpaid but productive closer for two PTBNL and throwing in cash. I didn't say that the Cubs could get either, but the vultures are circling around the Mets right now. And I want my club to be one of those teams regardless of its position in the standings right now.

I don't see the point in getting Reyes as he is a FA at years end.

Wright on the other hand.....

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The two PTBNL could quite easily be pieces MILW is counting on for this year, so don't assume that the Brewers "fleeced" the Mets.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The two PTBNL could quite easily be pieces MILW is counting on for this year, so don't assume that the Brewers "fleeced" the Mets.

A transaction including a player to be named later must be completed within six months. The player may not be an active Major Leaguer player during the interval between the trade and the date the player is named. As a result, most players to be named later are minor leaguers.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you can find me a deal where the PTBNL turned into a significant piece, then I would be glad to hear it. My guess is the Mets get a crap prospect and some cash for the two PTBNL. That is a steal for a guy that has been pitching well.

The reason Rodriguez was traded so cheap is to prevent that option I discussed earlier from kicking in. He had to be traded to a team to had a closer. Because if the Mets suddenly pulled him from closing games just as his option was to kick in, you know the union would become involved.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you can find me a deal where the PTBNL turned into a significant piece, then I would be glad to hear it. My guess is the Mets get a crap prospect and some cash for the two PTBNL. That is a steal for a guy that has been pitching well.

The reason Rodriguez was traded so cheap is to prevent that option I discussed earlier from kicking in. He had to be traded to a team to had a closer. Because if the Mets suddenly pulled him from closing games just as his option was to kick in, you know the union would become involved.

Michael Brantley, Jeremy Bonderman, Scott Podsednik, Coco Crisp, Moisés Alou, Jason Schmidt, and David Ortiz.

Those guys were all PTBNL.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Michael Brantley, Jeremy Bonderman, Scott Podsednik, Coco Crisp, Moisés Alou, Jason Schmidt, and David Ortiz.

Those guys were all PTBNL.
I stand corrected, but the guy or guys that get traded won't be big time prospects. Those guys that you cited pretty much all developed in the systems that they got traded to and eventually became productive major leaguers. For every Jason Schmidt, I can name Eric Patterson, Jacob Renshaw, Matt Ciaramella, Eric Eckenstahler, Andy Pratt, Jeff Verplanke, Bobby Hill, Mike Nannini, cash consideration or future considerations completing the deal. The odds are incredibly long that the Mets get anything of value in this deal except not having to pay for Rodriguez next year.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stand corrected, but the guy or guys that get traded won't be big time prospects. Those guys that you cited pretty much all developed in the systems that they got traded to and eventually became productive major leaguers. For every Jason Schmidt, I can name Eric Patterson, Jacob Renshaw, Matt Ciaramella, Eric Eckenstahler, Andy Pratt, Jeff Verplanke, Bobby Hill, Mike Nannini, cash consideration or future considerations completing the deal. The odds are incredibly long that the Mets get anything of value in this deal except not having to pay for Rodriguez next year.

Oh I completely agree they got nothing and did it for monetary reasons and I agree with (I think it was you) that said we should be going after Wright and Reyes because they are worse off than we thought.

It's pretty apparent this was to save them money for next year as they didn't want run the risk of that contract coming guaranteed.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually kind of like the idea of Santana to be honest. That contract is beyond terrible, and Santana is hurt right now. He is about ready to start throwing again, and he makes the same as Soriano though the money is split up different. Soriano has the extra year, but the Mets would save 4.5 million this year (less because we over half way through the season but didn't feel like trying to estimate the prorated amount), 6 million next year, and 7.5 million the following year.