OT: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for juicing

sdeezy

Liked Posts:
ajor League Baseball announced Thursday that Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez has been suspended for 50 games for violating its drug policy.
The commissioner's office didn't announce the specific violation by Ramirez, but in a statement Thursday provided by Major League Baseball, Ramirez attributed the violation to medication he had been prescribed by a doctor.

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," Ramirez said. "Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now.

"I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons. I want to apologize to [Dodgers owner Frank] McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, [manager Joe] Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. LA is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation."

After consultation with the Players' Association and his personal representatives, Ramirez waived his right to challenge the suspension. He will lose nearly $8 million of his $25 million salary.

Ramirez's test result was first reported by the Los Angeles Times.

man..this entire era has just gone down the drain..i dont even know what to think now. Is any superstar clean now? I want to believe my boy Pujols is but who knows

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
I don't know, I actually believe the guy. As he's said, they've been testing for awhile now and he's always been clean, so I give him a little credibility.

senrad

Liked Posts:
Gammons just said it wasn't steroids but a medical thing. He prescribed a drug by a doc that was on the banned substances list. He could take it if he had permission but apparently he didn't. Funny, you would think he would be a stickler for the details.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
ryguy24 wrote:
I don't know, I actually believe the guy. As he's said, they've been testing for awhile now and he's always been clean, so I give him a little credibility.

I don't buy it really. Why would you see anyone but a team physician? Why would you not run past anything you were taking with people in baseball? How many people have been busted for "stuff they didn't know about" now? The list is long enough that you'd find out before taking something I would think.

You place one call to your agent, and that's done for you. A superstar just knows better at this point.

sabixx

Liked Posts:
Re:OT: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for juicin

anyone who believes him is completely insane. he passed the drug test first, and then they found evidence of him getting it, you know what that means? he tried to cover it up, there is nothing innocent about this. this was trying to cheat,and nothing else.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

Pujols your next

I know you may bash me but trust me he will get caught soon.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

P.S.

This suspension will cost Manny 8 million.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:

Yah it must not be something his Dr. just gave him he got 50 games, is that a 1st time offense standard?

Oh by the way Newskool had to sign off the other day, but yah I guess we are two of the only Bulls fan's left in New York. It was funny how many there were during the early 90's, now they are all Lakers fan's, pathetic. At least the Knicks suck now so I don't here it from my friends anymore, the Bulls will still get another Chip before they do, ha.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

Hendu0520 wrote:
Yah it must not be something his Dr. just gave him he got 50 games, is that a 1st time offense standard?

Oh by the way Newskool had to sign off the other day, but yah I guess we are two of the only Bulls fan's left in New York. It was funny how many there were during the early 90's, now they are all Lakers fan's, pathetic. At least the Knicks suck now so I don't here it from my friends anymore, the Bulls will still get another Chip before they do, ha.

Sorry to go OT, but yeah I live in Queens and people think I am a scout for the Bulls because they see me with all there gear lol. I kind of loved when we were bad because all thoke fake fans left.

As for Manny what he took seems to be a masking agent, weird how he wont appeal. Unlike JC Romero who was hell bent on proving he was innocent.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Newskoolbulls wrote:
Pujols your next

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he got busted, or if any star got busted. However, it also wouldn't surprise me if he was clean.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Pujols your next

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he got busted, or if any star got busted. However, it also wouldn't surprise me if he was clean.

what makes me wonder about him is how fast he went from single A all the way to the majors and he had that weird leg/hip injury two years ago that steroid users tend to have. When I herd Any Pettite took it i said to myself no one ever again will shock me.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

I don't understand how people still love baseball so much despite all the cheating going on. I'm surprised its still more popular than basketball, but I guess i'm looking at it from a biased viewpoint.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Pujols your next

Its actually sad that basball has come to this that you cant trust anyone.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:

I don't know if I have a problem with steroids if they would just admit to it. I give up, we can't ever know the truth so I just assume everyone's on it, I know that is not right it is quite sad but that's just how I feel. If we don't have a problem in football with it then I can't single out baseball, plus I like homeruns and 100 mile an hour fastballs.

It just sucks more in baseball because it has a direct effect. You can be fast and strong in football or basketball and still suck. Yes Larry Bird wouldve been better on steroids but he was able to outsmart people and still be one of the greatest of all time. In baseball you can't outsmart your way onto the base, so you get stronger you are going to get better.

sabixx

Liked Posts:

charity stripe wrote:
I don't understand how people still love baseball so much despite all the cheating going on. I'm surprised its still more popular than basketball, but I guess i'm looking at it from a biased viewpoint.

how do we still love basketball with the rule changes and garbage officiating?

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:

Baseball is not more popular than basketball if you break it down. Baseball is not played by inner city kids black or white. There is a lot of youth that don't even care for baseball, it is the 3rd out of the major sports. TV might be ok for now, but I went to broadcast school and neilson ratings for things like baseball and golf aren't accurate because people use it like radio, Background noise and just leave the tv on while they do something else. The ads on tv and household names are all basketball players. Not to mention there is no College baseball, why because it is boring. Once the owners of media outlets become younger we will no longer have baseball shoved down our throats like golf. I can't watch a baseball game on tv at all.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:

Not to mention that Basketball is more popular (2nd) world wide and is closing in on Soccer. Baseball just got cut from the Olympics and started a fake thing that no one cares about.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

sabixx wrote:
charity stripe wrote:

how do we still love basketball with the rule changes and garbage officiating?

The only intentional garbage officiating came from Donaghy and maybe Joe Crawford. Other than that the officiating was not blatant cheating that is/was rampant in baseball. Hundreds of players cheating for a long period of time is pretty different than a couple bad officials.

In baseball, anything impressive that the players do is tainted or looked upon with suspicion. In basketball, even with bad officials, you can still appreciate what the players do.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Why is it that whenever I hear about baseball it's always about steroids? Is this seriously all baseball has reduced to? It seems like a majority of players who were really good were on the juice. It's a shame really.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

Yeah, you're just waiting for Pujols to get slammed now. The guy is just so good that you have to impagine that he is...he will go down as one of the best players in baseball history if he never gets caught, putting up these numbers in the steroid era.

Speaking of someone never busted for homeruns....

34310681.jpg

I think it's really unfair to Sammy for him to get thrown in with the roiders when there has never been any type of proof that he may have done them.

The corked bat thing, obviously looks bad, but why would a guy feel the need to cork a bat if he was roiding up?