OT: Play GM

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
This is something I think might be interesting. I list all the non playoff teams. Each person picks a team that they want to "rebuild". You make all the personnel decisions. You must keep in mind salary ramifications, salary cap,etc. Only catch is no one can trade for the same player, sign the same player in FA or draft the same player. As for the draft once the teams are chosen, we have a draft but no lottery, we go in order of finish. This would not be for any post summer 2009 decisions. This would be just putting together a roster for opening day in the fall of 2009. Give each person like a week to put team together. Obviously any signings or trades would have to pass through 14 participants before it is official. Doug, what do you think? Here are the 14 teams.

New Jersey
Toronto
New York
Charlotte
Washington
Indiana
Milwaukee
Memphis
Minnesota
Oklahoma City
Phoenix
Golden State
L.A. Clippers
Sacramento

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I think it would be interesting, but I think it would prove difficult to find enough people heavily involved to get active trade negotiations going, and I don't know how you proxy for the teams not in the contest. You simply don't know what trades can be made if people aren't controlling the teams.

You also would need to figure out what each team is allowed to spend. Many of them are going to likely spend far less than the luxury tax due to the economy, so it's hard to put that end of it together too.

I'd be up for taking any team if enough other people wanted to be involved to do it, but I think it's too serious of an undertaking to do with only Bulls fans, you really need to get die hard fans representing each team.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I think it would be interesting, but I think it would prove difficult to find enough people heavily involved to get active trade negotiations going, and I don't know how you proxy for the teams not in the contest. You simply don't know what trades can be made if people aren't controlling the teams.

You also would need to figure out what each team is allowed to spend. Many of them are going to likely spend far less than the luxury tax due to the economy, so it's hard to put that end of it together too.

I'd be up for taking any team if enough other people wanted to be involved to do it, but I think it's too serious of an undertaking to do with only Bulls fans, you really need to get die hard fans representing each team.
Well you could solve the other team issues by expanding it to everyteam or putting anything involved with other teams to a vote of the other gms. The bigger problem is how do you see the difference. How do you evaluate, what if Bosh gets traded here and not in real life, how many wins does that add to the team or is this just the offseason?

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
You just need 14 people for each lottery team. As for trading for players on playoff teams each trade if you make trades(you could just sign draft picks and sign a FA or two) would have to be approved by the other 13 participants. Those decisions would be made based upon what each person thinks is realistic(i.e. no trades of expirings for Lebron). As for what each team is allowed to spend my thought is we place the luxury tax at $68 million and say that no one can go over that but anyone can spend up to that(regardless of whether it is a team that in reality is cutting salary bad). The Stig as to your point I just thought of this as an offseason deal so whether someone gets traded in reality is not an issue. We evalute amongst ourselves who we thought put the best team together.(i.e. we have some sort of vote amongst the 14 of us once we all are done where you vote for any team besides your own).

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

I agree doug. My suggestion would be to wait until nba live 2010 or nba 2k10 comes out and have an online dynasty. Kush would probably be interested too.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
I would think there are 14 bulls fans here that would be up for this...

DBQHawkFan

Liked Posts:
Maybe this isn't the right place to put this, but my sister is looking for a jersey for X-Mas. NHL.com appears to be out of anything decent. As is Fanatics. I ran across this store. It doesn't appear to be associated with the Hawks, but the prices are decent and the pictures look good on some of them. Of course I imagine you don't get shipped exactly what is shown.</p>

</p>

http://www.chiblackhawksonline.com/</p>

</p>

Any other ideas for a quick turnaround.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Try Rivercitysports.com.  </p>

DBQHawkFan

Liked Posts:
Yep. Been on that one. That may be her only option. It appears that they are low on stock too.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Are you able to go to the HawkQuarters? Yeah I said it ... haha I mean the Chicago Blackhawks Store?</p>

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
they are not any better, RK got one there and it took a month.
if you want a replica you can get it there with no problem

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="chasman" data-cid="217141" data-time="1387297103">
<div>

they are not any better, RK got one there and it took a month.

if you want a replica you can get it there with no problem</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I wasn't saying they were better, I just thought they were looking for any place.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Try:
Pro Jersey Sports.</p>

</p>

They're based in Downers Grove (more or less Woodridge).

I just bought a Keith replica as a gift for 129.99 + 55 for lettering.

That was Sunday, should be complete by tonight for pickup.</p>

</p>

They have authentics and replicas, + carry a ton of inventory (+ black jerseys).</p>

They are the new Reebok styles, and I'll update on how the jersey looks soon.</p>

</p>

DO NOT go to Triple Threat.  It took nearly 6 months to get my jerseys from them.  I hate to dis them like that, but they have fallen off in recent years.

</p>

[edit]</p>

It's ready for pickup.</p>

</p>

The gentleman on the phone said custom lettering will probably ship after Christmas due to orders, but when I was in there they had plenty of jerseys on hand (Toews, etc,)

They had some discounted at $90 (Montador, Mayers, etc.)</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
So you took my suggestion, Paul?  Good deal!  </p>

</p>

Did you happen to see if they are Edge II jerseys, you know, the REAL game-worn authentic...?  </p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="217180" data-time="1387309115">
<div>

So you took my suggestion, Paul?  Good deal!  </p>

</p>

Did you happen to see if they are Edge II jerseys, you know, the REAL game-worn authentic...?  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yep.</p>

The Edge II jerseys look the part, and I saw one at Total Hockey on Sunday. 

They need to be the YELLOW band, not the black.  The black are the older styles of authentics. </p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="217181" data-time="1387309264">
<div>

The Edge II jerseys look the part, and I saw one at Total Hockey on Sunday. 

They need to be the YELLOW band, not the black.  The black are the older styles of authentics. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

No shit!  Total Hockey has them?  Was it in the DG/Lisle store across the lot from Pro Jersey Sports?  We have several Total Hockey's down here (it is where they started), but most don't carry Hawks jerseys for obvious reasons.</p>

</p>

When you say YELLOW band, are you talking about the RBK hemming rope that goes around the inside of the collar? </p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="217183" data-time="1387309396">
<div>

No shit!  Total Hockey has them?  Was it in the DG/Lisle store across the lot from Pro Jersey Sports?  We have several Total Hockey's down here (it is where they started), but most don't carry Hawks jerseys for obvious reasons.</p>

</p>

When you say YELLOW band, are you talking about the RBK hemming rope that goes around the inside of the collar? </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yes. DG location.

They had one white jersey in stock at $250, which was a steal IMO. 

It was a 52 if I remember correctly. 

I had the older black hemming rope on reserve because they lowered it to $200.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't understand, why does it matter if it's black or yellow when they change it to red next year?</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Reebok authentics are now what the players really wear on the ice.

There are a few minor differences with the "older" authentics.</p>