OT: Pujols to Angels

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if he was 100% about the greed. Supposidly, the Marlins offered him 10 years at $275 million, which is a bigger contract, but no no-trade clause. He also might be thinking into the future and in the AL he would have a role as DH in the upcoming years.

Yeah it does sounds like the no-trade clause was a big part of his contract. And maybe he is looking to be a DH in a few years to hopefully lengthen his career a little. I wonder if Cards fans are gonna hate on this guy like Cleveland when Bron left. At least Pujols didn't have a show about it.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah it does sounds like the no-trade clause was a big part of his contract. And maybe he is looking to be a DH in a few years to hopefully lengthen his career a little. I wonder if Cards fans are gonna hate on this guy like Cleveland when Bron left. At least Pujols didn't have a show about it.

Well, he is going to LA, so they have time to make a show about it :lol:

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
Well, he is going to LA, so they have time to make a show about it :lol:

That's true haha. They might tear down the Hollywood sign and replace it with P-U-J-O-L-S.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a Cardinals message board I frequent, a few months back someone who claimed to know someone close to the situation stated that "Pujols will be on the west coast because his wife wants to live there. What Mrs. Pujols wants, Mrs. Pujols gets". I immediately remembered this when I heard he was going to the Angels. Wouldn't surprise me if she had a big say in where he was going to play.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
On a Cardinals message board I frequent, a few months back someone who claimed to know someone close to the situation stated that "Pujols will be on the west coast because his wife wants to live there. What Mrs. Pujols wants, Mrs. Pujols gets". I immediately remembered this when I heard he was going to the Angels. Wouldn't surprise me if she had a big say in where he was going to play.

Damn women.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
:yeah:

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

One of the smartest women I've ever seen.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:

Some of the dumber ones might, but I bet the majority of Cardinals fans will appreciate the amazing run they've had together and harbor no resentment towards him.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of the dumber ones might, but I bet the majority of Cardinals fans will appreciate the amazing run they've had together and harbor no resentment towards him.

I think they will be like the silent majority. I'd like to think that Pujols will always have a legacy in STL as he helped bring them two World Series championships.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
I think they will be like the silent majority. I'd like to think that Pujols will always have a legacy in STL as he helped bring them two World Series championships.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. He brought them 2 chips. LeBron promised to bring Cleveland a trophy before he would ever leave. But fell short only like he can.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Cubs can somehow get Fielder, this is a HUGE win. Not holding my breath because I still believe Fielder will end up in Miami somehow or maybe even Texas.