OT: Richard Sherman arrested and denied bail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I don't know if that's the answer either. When politicians work together we get shit like the War on Drugs, the Patriot Act and war in Iraq.

I think national politics is counterproductive, no matter who wins the Oval Office half the country will be unhappy and won't feel represented. I'd like to see us emphasize local politics again. There's no reason for 150million+ Americans to be unhappy every 4-8 years.

That was fear mongering more than it was bipartisan politics.

I think to get things like Universal healthcare we are going to need some bipartisan support or we are just going to keep paying out massive amounts to our insurance/big pharma overlords.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I get that but why apologize for something you are going to say you weren’t guilty of?

You can be sorry for the embarrassment and drama you put your family through without admitting those actions rise to a criminal level.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yeah LA county is crazy expensive these days. I like where I live but honestly once I get out and rolling on my own I could likely live much easier elsewhere. We'll see.
Yeah. I like the area, but can never see raising a family here with a wanting a house, yard, etc. We’re looking at Washington where it’s much more affordable.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All but one of the 39 congressional districts where at least 60 percent of residents have received a coronavirus shot are represented by Democrats, according to a Harvard University analysis that presents one of the most detailed looks yet at the partisan split behind the nation’s diverging vaccination drive. By contrast, Republicans represent all but two of the 30 districts where fewer than one-third of residents have received a shot.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
As a kid I grew up in CA in 1950's and at that time it was a great place to live. Now I would never consider living there.
Yeah I don’t blame you. I’ve even seen a huge difference in just the 7 years I’ve been out here. It’s was cool when I moved here and now I need to get the hell out.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
All but one of the 39 congressional districts where at least 60 percent of residents have received a coronavirus shot are represented by Democrats, according to a Harvard University analysis that presents one of the most detailed looks yet at the partisan split behind the nation’s diverging vaccination drive. By contrast, Republicans represent all but two of the 30 districts where fewer than one-third of residents have received a shot.

@truthbedamned

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The problem with that is that there is no communication any longer. A Dem could put out legislation that was exactly what the GOP wants and they would resist passing it because there is a D next to the name on the bill.

People need to stop that shit and start talking again, having dinner and drinks together, playing golf together, and hashing out small differences to get reasonable legislation passed.
I believe the Democrats actually put out republican inspired healthcare legislation and the republicans have been trying to kill it for a decade.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Where did I say republicans were not part of the problem?

Your the one pretending they are the ONLY problem.
If it weren't for Republicans most people would be vaccinated by now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think there is an apples vs oranges comparison going on. Considering the main group of whites not being vaccinated are Republicans, it is a pretty clear link from Trump's and Republican rhetoric to their hesitancy to get vaccinated.

By contrast, while I am sure there are some black people and minorities that are hesitant to get vaccinated, there is also the issue of access.

“One of the problems that I saw very early on is that if you’re going to have mostly hospitals and pharmacies dispensing the vaccine, we’re going to miss a lot of people,” Blackstock said. According to recent research from GoodRX, minority communities tend to have fewer pharmacies per capita, which puts them at a disadvantage based on where they live.

So not sure you can equate Republicans being stubborn because of Trump with minorities potentially not having access to vaccines as well as some vaccine skepticism owing to a history of discrimination against minorities in healthcare.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You can be sorry for the embarrassment and drama you put your family through without admitting those actions rise to a criminal level.
Or you can be sorry for the embarrassment and drama you put your family through by admitting guilt and moving on.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or you can be sorry for the embarrassment and drama you put your family through by admitting guilt and moving on.

Sure but that is for Sherman to decide not you. You asked why he would express remorse but plead guilty. Not why he didn't express remorse in the manner you prefer.

If you just want to whine about the fact he didn't express remorse in accordance with your preference then simply do so. No need to ask a question you do not wish to hear the answer to.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe he doesn't feel like going to jail.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Yeah I don’t blame you. I’ve even seen a huge difference in just the 7 years I’ve been out here. It’s was cool when I moved here and now I need to get the hell out.

Yeah I was born in CA. I had to leave because all you transplants kept making it worse. Its ruined now, thanks! I guess my migrant ancestors ruined it for the Mexicans and Natives, so..................... such is life. My low % of native blood is boiling.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sure but that is for Sherman to decide not you. You asked why he would express remorse but plead guilty. Not why he didn't express remorse in the manner you prefer.

If you just want to whine about the fact he didn't express remorse in accordance with your preference then simply do so. No need to ask a question you do not wish to hear the answer to.
Or you. No one is whining except you. If you apologize for doing something don’t turn around and say you aren’t guilty of it the next day. Not a big deal vortex boy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or you. No one is whining except you. If you apologize for doing something don’t turn around and say you aren’t guilty of it the next day. Not a big deal vortex boy

You are having multiple conversations regarding a question you asked where apparently you were never going to accept an answer other than the one you wanted. Talk about a vortex.

P.S. Sherman apologized generally. He did not apologize for any specific acts so your premise is flawed.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You are having multiple conversations regarding a question you asked where apparently you were never going to accept an answer other than the one you wanted. Talk about a vortex.

P.S. Sherman apologized generally. He did not apologize for any specific acts so your premise is flawed.
Blah blah blah freaking blah, take your vortex elsewhere. The next time I want your opinion I’ll ask it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Blah blah blah freaking blah, take your vortex elsewhere. The next time I want your opinion I’ll ask it.

Generally speaking when you ask a question on a public message board, you are asking for people's opinion. Next time if you wish to just speak to a single poster then send them a PM. Otherwise, you did already ask for my opinion dummy.

I get that but why apologize for something you are going to say you weren’t guilty of?

Note in the English Language, a ? denotes that you are ASKING a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.