OT - Scott Van Pelts solution to fix overtime

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay. Then after 15 minutes of OT, go to the college rules. This is a lot of fuss about a thing which rarely occurs.

Your missing the point, the idea of overtime is to decide the outcome as quickly and fairly as possible. As long as all the teams involved know the rules, those rules are voted on by a majority of the NFL teams, then what ever rule there is in place is fair and part of the game.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your missing the point, the idea of overtime is to decide the outcome as quickly and fairly as possible. As long as all the teams involved know the rules, those rules are voted on by a majority of the NFL teams, then what ever rule there is in place is fair and part of the game.

What is more fair than playing the quarter out for 15 minutes? I hate the present over-time rule and now some people want another change as in making sure that both teams have a chance to get their hands on the ball. For cripes sake. This is a chance for a super-bowl for both teams. Play it out and don't gimmick it up.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What is more fair than playing the quarter out for 15 minutes? I hate the present over-time rule and now some people want another change as in making sure that both teams have a chance to get their hands on the ball. For cripes sake. This is a chance for a super-bowl for both teams. Play it out and don't gimmick it up.
Sudden death is more "fair" to the athletes and players associations agree to it that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sudden death is more "fair" to the athletes and players associations agree to it that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

lol

jc456

Liked Posts:
why should they play 15 more minutes? They just finished 60 minutes and tied, right? At some point you end back up where they are today. No matter how you finagle the discussion. And I remind you, that the rule was in place for 19 weeks ahead of that game. Can't cry about some rule that has been active for years just cause you lost. it makes the crier look like a crier.