OT: Shouldn’t we be applauding Antonio Brown?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah pretty interesting he was able to do jumping jacks all the way across the end zone though lol.
It is strange that people think that someone mentally ill would still make rational and logical decisions rather than do erractic and contradictory things like have an injured ankle yet still jump up and down on it.

I have no idea if AB's ankle was really injured or not but jumping jacks doesnt prove he was healthy enough to run routes and take hits. I would also say if AB was faking it, he would be more likely to not do the jumping jacks to make his case stronger. The fact he doesnt have the common sense to not do jumping jacks while claiming an injury speaks to his possible mental illness.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
If Antonio Brown leaving his team and potentially the NFL turns out to be related to his mental health, shouldn’t we applaud him for walking away?

I thought we call athletes heroes when they walk away in the middle of a competition due to mental health issues? Did I miss a memo somewhere?

View attachment 16485

His behavior is bizarre.

Does that mean he has mental health issues, or is a victim of CTE?

Maybe, but none of us here know that for a fact. We speculate. We guess.

I don't know what's going on in that young man's head, or his life. All I know is what I can see from afar.

And last Sunday, he threw a public temper tantrum. If you wish to applaud that, be my guest.

I, for one, see nothing noble or heroic in that act. It might be selfish, or stupid, or just sad.... But it is nothing to be admired.

My two cents.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is strange that people think that someone mentally ill would still make rational and logical decisions rather than do erractic and contradictory things like have an injured ankle yet still jump up and down on it.

I have no idea if AB's ankle was really injured or not but jumping jacks doesnt prove he was healthy enough to run routes and take hits. I would also say if AB was faking it, he would be more likely to not do the jumping jacks to make his case stronger. The fact he doesnt have the common sense to not do jumping jacks while claiming an injury speaks to his possible mental illness.

Guy is a loser and I'm glad he lost his job for being a diva. Now he should work on getting his head right.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m talking specifically about walking away in the middle of a competition, which could absolutely be a mental health issue for Brown. Assholes can have legitimate mental health problems too.

But I’m seeing a bunch of stuff today about how he let his team down and wasn’t there to compete when his teammates needed him to.

Just trying to figure out when someone’s a hero and when they’re a quitter. What I’m hearing is that if fans don’t like you, you’re a quitter. If fans like you, you’re a hero. That about right?
He has a dick, he’s held to a different standard and a higher level of accountability.

To be clear:

I didn’t criticize Biles. I’m not criticizing Brown now.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His behavior is bizarre.

Does that mean he has mental health issues, or is a victim of CTE?

Maybe, but none of us here know that for a fact. We speculate. We guess.

I don't know what's going on in that young man's head, or his life. All I know is what I can see from afar.

And last Sunday, he threw a public temper tantrum. If you wish to applaud that, be my guest.

I, for one, see nothing noble or heroic in that act. It might be selfish, or stupid, or just sad.... But it is nothing to be admired.

My two cents.
You saw someone having a “Tantrum”, I saw someone having a mental breakdown.

macbear67

Liked Posts:
I’m talking specifically about walking away in the middle of a competition, which could absolutely be a mental health issue for Brown. Assholes can have legitimate mental health problems too.

But I’m seeing a bunch of stuff today about how he let his team down and wasn’t there to compete when his teammates needed him to.

Just trying to figure out when someone’s a hero and when they’re a quitter. What I’m hearing is that if fans don’t like you, you’re a quitter. If fans like you, you’re a hero. That about right?
Not what I said at all. What I meant (which I thought was easy to see) is that just because someone does something stupid and childish doesn't automatically make them mentally ill. It is quite possible that they are just stupid and childish.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

My guess is people think his ankle was good enough to play on because he had 10 catches on 15 targets the week before, then played the whole first half on it with no noticeable issues.

His mental issues are real and should be addressed though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Guy is a loser and I'm glad he lost his job for being a diva. Now he should work on getting his head right.

Yeah not disputing that. Disputing the idea that jumping jacks makes you fit to run routes on an injured ankle.

AB was a loser and a diva before Tom Brady convinced the Pats and Bucs to take him on. He never should have been signed in the first place. So forgive me but this narrative about the Bucs or Brady being wronged is BS. They were willing to take on a dangerous and unstable individual because they prioritized winning over people's well being. There are no heroes or sympathetic individuals in this.

My guess is people think his ankle was good enough to play on because he had 10 catches on 15 targets the week before, then played the whole first half on it with no noticeable issues.

His mental issues are real and should be addressed though.

He did not practice all week and for all we know he was trying to play thru it. Let us not pretend the NFL has some amazing track record of prioritizing the health and well being of their players.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
When known rapists are shoe-ins for the HOF it's kind of hard to even have a reference point for discussing how athletes' behavior gets judged.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When known rapists are shoe-ins for the HOF it's kind of hard to even have a reference point for discussing how athletes' behavior gets judged.

It is just funny to me that AB can allegedly rape, assault, and otherwise fuck people over for years but what really has people up in arms is he refused to go back into a game.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
You saw someone having a “Tantrum”, I saw someone having a mental breakdown.

Tantrum: an uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration, typically in a young child.

Yes. I saw a tantrum. I'm quite comfortable calling it that.

Was it the result of CTE, or mental illness? I don't know, maybe. I'm not qualified to render a diagnosis on that, and I seriously doubt that you are either. We can speculate, but that's not really being fair to Mr. Brown, is it?

If he has a problem, I hope he gets the help he needs. That said, it doesn't make what happened Sunday anything to be admired.

Last edited:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Simone Biles competed with kidney stones and a broken foot. She then went onto Tokyo where they were changed the complete scoring system because she's so much better than everyone else that the IOC thought it was too unfair. Nevermind that she's the face of a sexual assault scandal that swept under the rug by an organization that was supposed to be looking out for her.

Antonio Brown froze his foot, beat up a woman, and printed up phony Covid vax cards.

I can't even begin to imagine where you would even come up with this comparison. Other than being a fucking idiot.
All of that can be true, while simultaneously, AB having a mental breakdown, could also be true.

You sound like those who dig up every past crime, bad grades in HS, etc of the deceased, when the police blast them under shady circumstances.

Last edited:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tantrum: an uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration, typically in a young child.

Yes. I saw a tantrum. I'm quite comfortable calling it that.

Was it the result of CTE, or mental illness? I don't know, maybe. I'm not qualified to render a diagnosis on that, and I seriously doubt that you are either. We can speculate, but that's not really being fair to Mr. Bryant, is it?

If he has a problem, I hope he gets the help he needs. That said, it doesn't make what happened Sunday anything to be admired.
Unexplained/Bizarre outbursts and behavior, is a symptom of having a mental breakdown.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is just funny to me that AB can allegedly rape, assault, and otherwise fuck people over for years but what really has people up in arms is he refused to go back into a game.
I think that tells us where the problem really is.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Unexplained/Bizarre outbursts and behavior, is a symptom of having a mental breakdown.

It can be. Neither you nor I, however, are qualified to make a diagnosis based on something we saw on TV.

So let's be honest and not do that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
All of that can be true, while simultaneously, AB having a mental breakdown, could also be true.

You sound like those who dig up every past crime, bad grades in HS, etc if the deceased, when the police blast them under shady circumstances.
My comment had zero to do with what state AB was in on Sunday. Zero.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
EFHzmqxUYAIyR1I.jpg
Bunch of sunglasses wearing jack asses

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems pretty obvious to me that Antonio Brown needs help. I'm not going to applaud him for walking out on his team in the middle of a game; I think quitting on your team in the middle of a game is kind of a dick move, but by the same token I do realize his brain might be completely misfiring, so I do wish him well. I believe his best bet going forward is to open a WR camp/school, because heaven knows that dude is always open, and plays a lot faster than he is.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks, Doctor. Where did you get your degrees from again???
Fair enough. Did you direct your snark at the experts who said he was merely having a “tantrum”?

Nope…Because you’re a hypocrite.