OT: Tom Brady

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't get the Tom Brady hate out there.

Read this quote from him below.

On Jimmy Kimmel, Tom Brady revealed why he’s always willing to take pay cuts. Despite leading the New England Patriots to six Super Bowl wins, Brady isn’t even in the top ten highest paid quarterbacks. In fact, of the top ten, only three have won a Super Bowl. But when asked why he’s been willing to give up millions of dollars over the years, Brady had this answer.

“I think the thing I’ve always felt for me in my life, you know, winning’s been a priority,” Brady said, “and my wife makes a lot of money.”

"It’s a salary cap,” Brady said. “You can only spend so much and the more that one guy gets there’s less for others. And I think from a competitive advantage standpoint, I like to get a lot of good players around me.”

How many athletes out there in any sport would actually give up salary year after year to improve their chances of winning? I can't think of many. Clearly he's one of the greatest ever in the NFL. The guy seems to be a good husband and father. (important in a league with asshats like T Hill) Are people just jealous? Are they still butthurt over "deflate gate"? I've always enjoyed watched the best athletes at something. Jordan, Tiger, Earnhardt, Phelps etc. Doesn't matter the sport or the team... if a guy is TRULY elite I think it's fun to watch greatness. Brady is in that category for me.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Put Brady on the 2011 Bears, and he's "Cliff Steining" his way to overdrawing the Bears bank account and eventually bankrupting the franchise entirely.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think people truly hate Brady. I think they just hate because he's always winning. I think the QB people really hate is Aaron Rodgers. If you go to any comment section on Youtube describing both players, more people hate on Rodgers than they do Brady

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Basically for the dislike began when they first implemented the qb slide rule. Brady was scrambling down field, Urlacher was bearing down on him, he faked starting to slide, Urlacher let up, Brady then juked and continued for another 10-15 yards.

Then you have the deflated ball incident and threw the deflater under the bus. There is no way the assistant was doing it without Brady's knowledge.

Other than that, great player / game manager.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
He’s truly the greatest player to ever pick up a football. Got nothing but respect for him even if he does kiss his kids on the lips.

What does that have to do with anything

jonimus

Liked Posts:

The premise of everything removes the need for examples, as they would all be included under the umbrella of 'everything.' Thus, your reply receives a thumbs down. :(

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The premise of everything removes the need for examples, as they would all be included under the umbrella of 'everything.' Thus, your reply receives a thumbs down. :(

Serious question...is there a way to give a "thumbs down"? I don't have that option.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

So Brady kissing his kids on his lips effects what he does on the field? Brady would have beat the Eagles two years ago if only he didn't kiss his kids on the lips?

So you see saying Brady kissing his kids on the lips has everything to do with how he is a player definitely needs some clarification.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So Brady kissing his kids on his lips effects what he does on the field? Brady would have beat the Eagles two years ago if only he didn't kiss his kids on the lips?

So you see saying Brady kissing his kids on the lips has everything to do with how he is a player definitely needs some clarification.
You’re taking this way too seriously dude