OT: Yahoo - "Cleveland has fired coach David Blatt"

czman

Liked Posts:
That team has not gelled at all. They have far to much talent to be 30-11 only 3.5 games up on the Raptors. They should be running away with the East. It is probably time to let him him go.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Ha...funny how someone else is always to blame when teams led by LeBron never quite measure up to the hype.

I wonder who will get thrown under the bus next in Cleveland.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ha...funny how someone else is always to blame when teams led by LeBron never quite measure up to the hype.

This firing has LeBron written all over it. As he is impatient, he knows he's not going to win with Blatt, thus moved to get rid of him asap. LeBron has wanted Lue as his coach since coming back to Cleveland. From my understanding Blatt completely had the support of Gilbert and was pretty safe. So LeBron probably threatened to leave after this season unless Lue was made HC and offered a secure deal. LeBron will now think this will vastly change things and the Cavs will beat the Warriors in the NBA Finals.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. They need a leader like Mark Jackson or I thought this might be premature to beat the Nets to Thibs. Those would make sense to me. lebrons yes man?

Lol, ok. This is gonna get good. Making cheese popcorn and settling in to enjoy a glorious implosion.

Few people will admit Lebron is a Ginobli brain fart and a Paul Pierce three from total failure.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LeBron for GM of the year if they win the title.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
LeBron is a prima dona and a meddler. It doesn't matter who the coach is in Cleveland.

He should try leading by example for once.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the answer was in the locker room, why do they need to fire the coach?

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:

I accidentally posted in the around the league sticky before I saw this thread but I basically think the same thing. Every coach and teammate Lebron has is never good enough for him or his fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I accidentally posted in the around the league sticky before I saw this thread but I basically think the same thing. Every coach and teammate Lebron has is never good enough for him or his fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably because he and his GM's pick the wrong guys.

Cleveland was mismanaged well before LeBron even came to Cleveland. The roster built up wasn't very good before he left for Miami. LeBron let it play out. He went to Miami so he could win finally with two other stars... Cleveland would suck something horrid and get a bunch of lotto picks.. How they got three #1's is beyond me, but anyways... They got Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, and Wiggins out of it. But that wasn't enough for LeBron either because he didn't want to sit around and wait. He's not patient anymore (if he ever was). He has the ability to threaten to leave at any time, so he gets what he wants. He got Kevin Love because he wanted a sure thing over a rookie like Wiggins. After trying to play with Waiters, he wasn't for him so brought in veterans Shump and JR Smith (and Mozgov). That propelled them into the NBA Finals, but not enough (coupled with injury) to win them a title.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
This firing has LeBron written all over it. As he is impatient, he knows he's not going to win with Blatt, thus moved to get rid of him asap. LeBron has wanted Lue as his coach since coming back to Cleveland. From my understanding Blatt completely had the support of Gilbert and was pretty safe. So LeBron probably threatened to leave after this season unless Lue was made HC and offered a secure deal. LeBron will now think this will vastly change things and the Cavs will beat the Warriors in the NBA Finals.

Nothing will change and I'm surprised he wasn't fired in the offseason. Lebron has been the coach & GM of that team ever since he came back. Stein reported after the Finals how absolutely sickening it was to watch Lebron emasculating and undermining his coach at every opportunity.

Lue is nothing but a puppet and if Lebron thinks he's going to win it all with that injury prone roster, he's deluding himself. No team is beating the Dubs or the Spurs this year. They are both on an entirely different level than the rest of the league.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably because he and his GM's pick the wrong guys.

Cleveland was mismanaged well before LeBron even came to Cleveland. The roster built up wasn't very good before he left for Miami. LeBron let it play out. He went to Miami so he could win finally with two other stars... Cleveland would suck something horrid and get a bunch of lotto picks.. How they got three #1's is beyond me, but anyways... They got Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, and Wiggins out of it. But that wasn't enough for LeBron either because he didn't want to sit around and wait. He's not patient anymore (if he ever was). He has the ability to threaten to leave at any time, so he gets what he wants. He got Kevin Love because he wanted a sure thing over a rookie like Wiggins. After trying to play with Waiters, he wasn't for him so brought in veterans Shump and JR Smith (and Mozgov). That propelled them into the NBA Finals, but not enough (coupled with injury) to win them a title.

so what is he going to do? Will ask to bring in Curry?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i hope this isn't Hoibergs fate. some primadonna player not buying into a coaches vision because he wants to handle the ball and isolate then the coach gets shafted because it isn't working...that sounds all to familiar

Blatt may or may not be a good coach but i don't think he ever got a fair shake

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
i hope this isn't Hoibergs fate. some primadonna player not buying into a coaches vision because he wants to handle the ball and isolate then the coach gets shafted because it isn't working...that sounds all to familiar

Blatt may or may not be a good coach but i don't think he ever got a fair shake

That will never, EVER, happen here. The FO doesn't kowtow to any player. It almost goes without saying. Hell they didn't even do it when the GOAT was donning a Bulls uni.

Dan Gilbert has zero backbone. We're talking about a guy who blasted Lebron when he left (and rightfully so in my mind even if some of what he said was a bit out there) for a lack of loyalty and respect, only to permanently plant his lips on Bron Bron's ass 4 years later cuz Bron Bron didn't like the harsh words Riley had for him after quitting on the team in the Finals (Side note: anyone arguing that he didn't quit in that Finals really needs their eyes checked).

Lebron has been given the power to do anything and everything he wants with that team because Gilbert has shown him he can act as selfishly and as disrespectfully as he pleases with no consequences. And don't be surprised now if they try and move Kevin Love, a player Lebron had Gilbert give up a potential superstar for, simply because he's not a part of his crew.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
*quietly waits for Hue to start commenting * ?