Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You should compare the east because that's relevant in the conversation. Put this team in the west and they're fighting to make the playoffs. In the east they can make a deep run with a couple quality additions and a Rose being good.
Not really.

They can make a deep run, and I also can get laid today. Neither of which are likely to happen.

Still waiting for you to quote where I said the same results can't be achieved.

So you admit that different circumstances can lead to the same results.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Would it be that bad to go after Stephenson if they dont get Melo ?

Rose Stephenson noah butler gibson.
Mirotic McDermott Dunleavy bairstow snell. Augestin
Add another FA C/PF

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not really.

They can make a deep run, and I also can get laid today. Neither of which are likely to happen.

So you admit that different circumstances can lead to the same results.

Not with that attitude.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

Add another FA C/PF
I don't have a problem with the Bulls spending money on a young ascending player that can start for them immediately like Lance, I do have a problem with throwing money at has beens that are looking for a last meal like Gasol/Marion. I'm not saying the Bulls shouldn't try to compete but don't just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Liked Posts:

Add another FA C/PF

It's an awful idea.

Just say no to overpaying next tier players.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don't have a problem with the Bulls spending money on a young ascending player that can start for them immediately like Lance, I do have a problem with throwing money at has beens that are looking for a last meal like Gasol/Marion. I'm not saying the Bulls shouldn't try to compete but don't just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks.
That my thinking... if they dont get the big prize

Then take the opportunity to bring in younger talented players to build up a core..

Stephenson only gonna be 24, he and rose can run that backcourt for the next 4-5 years or so..

Liked Posts:

Do you think Stephenson will have the kind of impact that will translate into making it to the finals?

If not, it's not worth tying up cap space for what would a small improvement.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Do you think Stephenson will have the kind of impact that will translate into making it to the finals?

He has more of a chance to help this team get to the finals as a starting 2 guard, then most available FA they could fit under their cap

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm of the opinion that the Bulls need to court Love if stuff with Melo falls through. I think they could offer Taj,Mirotic,some picks,snell,etc.

Question is how much are the Wolves gonna want? They're in a bad position because Love clearly wants out, but there are quite a few potential suitors such as the Warriors who can offer enticing packages. That competition might make it more difficult for the Bulls to offer an attractive package. The Wolves want promising young players, that's why I think adding guys like Mirotic and Taj(along with a few picks) may satisfy the Wolves.

In all honesty,though, if the Warriors can put together a deal the Warriors want(with/without Klay Thompson) and other teams like the Bulls fall out because they sign other players or something, I think Love ends up at Golden State. I suppose Houston is another possibility...they could offer guys like Terrence Jones and Chandler Parsons that the Wolves might be interested in.

Lance Stephenson is another interesting possibility. I think he could be a very good defender under Thib's system. He also rebounds very well and has decent passing ability(needs to work on staying in control), and can create his own offense. The issue is the contract of course, but if he's asking for 9 mil I would take him.

"But that doesn't really get the Bulls closer to a championship"

You don't know that, there's a lot of time left(and a lot of injuries and trades) before we get to April/May 2015. The Bulls could very well end up in contention with Noah-Taj/Mirotic-Butler-Stephenson-Rose(or whatever else they may add). But what if they make the 2nd round or something? What if they don't win a championship or even get to the conference finals? Should they have ever gotten someone like Stephenson in the first place?

What if next year comes around and Portland is looking at offers for Lamarcus Aldridge? What if they want Stephenson on their team because he played pretty well with the Bulls last season and he is young? What if he is the deal breaker?

I'm not saying that is WHY you get Stephenson, but getting Stephenson does not mean the Bulls are out of FA/NBA star talk in the near future. Obviously, you look at Melo and Love first, but I think the Bulls should look at Stephenson as well.

I really don't like adding either Marion or Gasol though. They're older and don't really fill needs. I guess it depends on the price, but I'd rather not spend for them.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just realized the bulls can't trade Mirotic for 30 days. Oops.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

Absolutely, adding a player that creates his own shot and can be depended on for at least 15ppg is an excellent addition. He's also a two-way player who fits in to the defensive mindset of the team. His only problem is he's Looney Tunes but Thibs is a first class coach so, its worth the risk.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Absolutely, adding a player that creates his own shot and can be depended on for at least 15ppg is an excellent addition. He's also a two-way player who fits in to the defensive mindset of the team. His only problem is he's Looney Tunes but Thibs is a first class coach so, its worth the risk.

I agree with you. I think it's strange that even Bulls fans don't, for the most part, though. How does a team with Rose, Noah, Stephenson, Taj and possibly a solid Mirotic not contend? Isn't that team lineup, like, the obviousl #2 favorite in the east, behind only the Heat?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't hate Stephenson- but I wouldn't love him, either.

I guess it all depends on what he'll cost and whether or not we can sign Gasol while signing Mirotic all together. We'd probably have to deal Dun to pull all that off and I'm not sure it would be worth giving Dun away if we didn't get Melo.

Regardless, adding Stephenson, Gasol, Mirotic, Dougie while amnestying Boozer and dealing Dun would help me get over Melo.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

70% of the world is water and you still cant get your dick wet. You and JimJohnson were meant for each other.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
CODE_BLUE56;1405125 "But that doesn't really get the Bulls closer to a championship" You don't know that[/QUOTE said:
He does. Its either Melo, Love or nothing. Save money so they can wait until the next big FA for guys like Kevin Durant to say no to them, then they can blame the front office for not having enough talent on the team to have KD want to come.

As of last year, theres only one team in the East you can say is a lock for the ECFs. You still have the possibility of Rose returning to form. Its no given but its there. You can still sign some guys for 2-3 years and hopefully have enough to make some noise. People act like everyone you sign is gonna get a Boozer contract. They think theyre going to sign Gasol for 5yrs at over 10M.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just realized the bulls can't trade Mirotic for 30 days. Oops.

I heard that too but then i read unless hes signed, they can still trade his rights. But they say thats a messed up move.

Liked Posts:
He has more of a chance to help this team get to the finals as a starting 2 guard, then most available FA they could fit under their cap

Just like Boozer was the next best guy to help the Bulls win. I realize there's an age difference but Stephenson is too Jekyll/Hyde to commit a huge contract to.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I heard that too but then i read unless hes signed, they can still trade his rights. But they say thats a messed up move.

Yea, I don't think that's happening