Other Options If the Bulls Don't Land Melo Or Love

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls cannot land Melo or Love.

I would look at getting someone from the Rockets front office or the Spurs. Perhaps hire an assistant GM of director of players personnel to replace Gar/Pax.

The Spurs are the obvious choice, but I love how aggressive the Rockets are.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The guys who gave all of that money Jeremy Rin and Omer Asik?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The guys who gave all of that money Jeremy Rin and Omer Asik?

And then dumped Asik for a great deal.

The group that also landed James Harden and Dwight Howard, the groups who's entire success was not built on being handed Derrick Rose.

Celks

Liked Posts:

The group that also landed James Harden and Dwight Howard, the groups who's entire success was not built on being handed Derrick Rose.

Don't think I have met anyone with such an obsessive hate over 1 player who has really done nothing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't think I have met anyone with such an obsessive hate over 1 player who has really done nothing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The comment has nothing to do with Rose.

It has to do with Gar/Paxs inability to land a star player in a league that is built on star players.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Ohhh the guys who just throw a ton of money players and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs...Yeah, their proven track record of being smart and successful basketball people is something Jerry needs to look into.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This post highlights your stupidity. Thanks for showing the rest of the board what I always knew.

What youve known for a whole 2 days? Man, youre really smart. Sure you dont work for the Rockets?

Youve constantly been proven wrong and then backtrack/switch arguments every time. Im mad at myself for getting baited into arguments with a proven Special person. Again, i regret saying i couldnt wait to see your posts when FT first mentioned you. I think he undersold your stupidity.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The only way is to draft and the Bulls unfortunately are in no man's land. They have a good team to get the 3rd or 4th seed consistently in the East which means they will get shit picks every year. Thinking they need to tank in a year when there is a ton of draft depth.
There is an article on ESPN about the NBA draft where they talk about where the top 10 players were drafted (done for around a decade).

It will be an eye-opener for you because it is common for well over half of the top 10 each year to come from the 20th pick to the end of the 2nd round.
It is not so much where we draft that is significant but rather our talent evaluation.

San Antonio routinely has solid 1st round picks and they usually draft after us, meaning that we had the chance to draft every one of their draft picks but did not have a proper evaluation of these players to influence our decision-making.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There is an article on ESPN about the NBA draft where they talk about where the top 10 players were drafted (done for around a decade).

It will be an eye-opener for you because it is common for well over half of the top 10 each year to come from the 20th pick to the end of the 2nd round.
It is not so much where we draft that is significant but rather our talent evaluation.

San Antonio routinely has solid 1st round picks and they usually draft after us, meaning that we had the chance to draft every one of their draft picks but did not have a proper evaluation of these players to influence our decision-making.

This is true, and additionally what is significant is getting players to fulfill their talent and potential through development. Meaning, put the players in situations where they don't feel rushed to perform for the team but can still learn how to really play in the NBA and get involved. Get them to put work into the areas they lack and have staff who are willing to put in their own work to help the players.

I think the Spurs do a good job of not only evaluating talent, but getting that talent to develop and buy into the system they're running. The Spurs are a very well run business from top to bottom.

With that said, it does,in a sense, ultimately come down to the players themselves to become who their respective teams want them to be. But a good environment for development goes a long way.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Once Melo and James sign, then Bosh, I doubt Love gets traded at this point, especially to us.

I look at who is signing those players and if they want a third team in a sign and trade using Boozer and Randolph and the non guaranteed contract guys.

I look at

Channing Frye
Chandler Parsons
Pau Gasol
I'm not afraid of Kris Humphries for one year

Then I look to see where those big names signed and who they might want to salary dump
who might get amnestied

With what the Bulls have right now two fair scorers at the 2-3 and a big plus Hinrich behind Rose and I'll take my chances.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Once Melo and James sign, then Bosh, I doubt Love gets traded at this point, especially to us.

I look at who is signing those players and if they want a third team in a sign and trade using Boozer and Randolph and the non guaranteed contract guys.

I look at

Channing Frye
Chandler Parsons
Pau Gasol
I'm not afraid of Kris Humphries for one year

Then I look to see where those big names signed and who they might want to salary dump
who might get amnestied

With what the Bulls have right now two fair scorers at the 2-3 and a big plus Hinrich behind Rose and I'll take my chances.

Frye already signed with Orlando. There are only 10 amnesty eligible players in the entire NBA.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/12...-carlos-boozer-kendrick-perkins-bulls-thunder

Other than Boozer or Perkins...none are going anywhere.

Last edited:

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I'll give you a wild card, Greg Monroe

He tells the Pistons he flat out doesn't want to resign with them. The Bulls sign him and offer the Pistons Carlos Boozer to fill in for one year and for the cap space next year they shouldn't even need the non guaranteed contracts to be included but maybe a second round pick or the protected Kings pick. At least Detroit gets something for the guy who wants to leave and the Bulls don't amnesty Boozer.

The Bulls would have a 3 man rotation at the 4-5 just like they would if they got Gasol but considerably younger, some toughness and more athletic with room to improve.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I guess Parsons/Gasol/Mirotic would be a successful plan C :shot:. Probably have to overpay Parsons since he is an RFA. Maybe S&T for him?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll give you a wild card, Greg Monroe

He tells the Pistons he flat out doesn't want to resign with them. The Bulls sign him and offer the Pistons Carlos Boozer to fill in for one year and for the cap space next year they shouldn't even need the non guaranteed contracts to be included but maybe a second round pick or the protected Kings pick. At least Detroit gets something for the guy who wants to leave and the Bulls don't amnesty Boozer.

The Bulls would have a 3 man rotation at the 4-5 just like they would if they got Gasol but considerably younger, some toughness and more athletic with room to improve.
Guess that would dump Taj back on the bench, which is fine, but I'm not sold on Monroe being a player that puts us over the top. He's a solid big man, but I'm not sure how he'd fit with Noah if he doesn't have a good midrange jumper. It could work out I guess.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be afraid to go with Parsons, Gasol and Mirotic. It wouldn't force Mirotic to contribute much to start as he got acclimated. That would probably have them keeping Butler and Dunleavy, with the addition of McDermott would make for a deep bench.

What I'm looking for are teams dumping salary, like Cleveland, to make room for Lebron and his friends. In that case it was mentioned on ESPN that they could trade Anthony Bennett. He might be someone to consider, lottery pick who hasn't been great but often a change of teams lights a fire under a player and I can't help but think the Bulls coaching staff could make more of an impression on him than the revolving door in Cleveland as well as veterans like Noah, Dunleavy and Butler.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Parsons is going to sign with the Mavericks,btw.

Edit:Technically, the Rockets could match, but why would they? That means they're out for Bosh and they overpay Parsons. I'd pass.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
Might as well bring over Miro that's somewhat of a consolation....I have nothing against him but I just don't know how his game will translate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk