Pace and Nagy Year End Press Conference

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Parkey has to be gone. Even if he didn't make that Today Show appearance, he could come into camp and make 100% of his kicks, nobody would ever trust him to kick in a game situation again. Let alone a playoff game to clinch the win

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Umm Nagy is an offensive coach. Shouldn't have to rely on the Number 1 D to always hold teams well below their season average.

Furthermore, I am not sure how asking the offensive coach to be accountable for poor offense is being a tard. Is the D the only part of the team that should be held accountable? I think it is entirely fair game to ask him to account for the lack of offense or must the O always be handled with kid gloves?

Because you clearly are placing the loss on the offense. It was a team loss, offense, defense and obviously special teams. Yet you keep blaming only the offense.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Honestly Nagy should thank his lucky stars that Parkey missed that kick because he has a huge distraction and diversion now from the fact he fielded an unimaginative, tentative, inhibited, conservatively boring offense against the Eagles....

That’s so dumb, yeah Nagy is better off losing... LOL. If you want to hold him accountable for only the offense in that game, by all means he won. His offense was set up for the game winning kick. Man, if only he was a ST coach...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It's so Bears that Mack has never had an injury before, until he became a Bear, when he suddenly misses 3 games and then tweaks his knee in the most important game of the year.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Nagy did not seem very committed to Jordan Howard at RB moving forward. I like Howard but I think he is definitely getting traded this off season, especially if they sign Hunt. Should bring back a mid round pick or it could be an exchange of picks to move up to an earlier round.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It's so Bears that Mack has never had an injury before, until he became a Bear, when he suddenly misses 3 games and then tweaks his knee in the most important game of the year.

I thought the same thing lol

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Leonard Cornilus Floyd had his 5th year option picked up

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The EXPLOSIVE Saints only scored 20, what's your point? Maybe if our defense could have held the PHI offense to 12 points like the Saints did, we'd be still playing...

Don't be a short-sighted tard.

So much this^^^^

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Again, can people stop with the "Burton didnt play because of anxiety" crap?

The guy played a key role in a SUPERBOWL victory last year...

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It does if you give a huge contract to a mid tier QB. Those teams you mentioned have future hall of fame quarterbacks that carry them to playoffs year after year(except chargers not sure why they are on your list only making the playoffs every few years). You can't give a 18% of your cap type of contract to a Matt Stafford or Jay Cutler and expect your SB window to stay open. The only way the Bears SB window stays open after Trubisky gets a big contract is if he is on the future hall of fame level that he is carrying a less talented roster to the playoffs every year. Thats just how the NFL works now, you either have an all time great QB or a cheap rookie contract QB and pay the rest of the roster.

No shit. Don't give money to mid tier QB...... shocking.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
That decision by Parkey to do that interview was bizarre, I'm starting to think this guy is a dumbass. Not just someone bad at his job but an actual dimwit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace on Leonard - "We plan on picking up the 5th year option"

Ok, wasn't so sure that was gonna happen but that's pretty big news to give out now.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Well Pace did say he was not sure if it was caused by anxiety or not in the press conference.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Only certain posters felt that way, even though they have zero clue about the reality of the situation

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He has a point though. All year Nagy was promising that his offense would be outside the box/high powered/high flying/vertically aggressive/etc... and that we were only seeing the infancy and it's like a 5 year offense to learn and that 2018 was "football 101" for his O.

2019 arrives, playoffs and THAT was the product Nagy puts out there? You have to score touchdowns in the playoffs. His QB was literally outscored by a KICKER, and a crappy kicker at that.

SMH

The Bears went from 30th in points scored last season to 9th this season. Fangio got 4 years to develop that product out there. Nagy got 1. Makes sense for the D to be a little ahead.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pace isn't a doctor, so how could he?
This.

Pace is DEFINITELY not an MD. He also would be violating HIPPA if he said something specific about it. Nothingburger.