Pace and Nagy Year End Press Conference

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Parkey is gone Hunt probably in.

Completely agree with the former, not so sure about the latter. I think they'll look at him, but as for bringing Hunt in, can't say it's a guarantee. They may try to find their version of Kareem Hunt.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Only certain posters felt that way, even though they have zero clue about the reality of the situation

basically just Warden and a few of his lackeys trying to make anxiety into a meme. sad

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
We hsve to be favorite to land Hunt after that session. All anecdotal but the door is damn near wide open for him to land here. Nagy reaching out on a personal note will land us in the driver's seat of we want him. I'll call it now, he will provide a 4-5 point improvement to our PPG average. Howard is just a bad fit. Add him and use round 3 abs 4 on OL to improve the ground game. Mitch didn't get the advantage of a real play action passing game as there was no running threat. Add that with Hunt's added rushing production and we get the 4-5 point boost.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I told you I want competition for Parkey... just I would not be shocked if Pace sticks with him because of the money.

If we find a diamond in the rough UDFA or 7th round kicker.... 5M in dead cap space sucks but we will take it.

I just can't imagine eating 5M in dead cap and w/e Gould or some other FA kicker commands.
Here is a dumb question for the salary cap guys: would it cost more cap wise to cut Parkey and have that 4 M dead cap money in 2019 or to keep him and put him on IR immediately?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
We hsve to be favorite to land Hunt after that session. All anecdotal but the door is damn near wide open for him to land here. Nagy reaching out on a personal note will land us in the driver's seat of we want him. I'll call it now, he will provide a 4-5 point improvement to our PPG average. Howard is just a bad fit. Add him and use round 3 abs 4 on OL to improve the ground game. Mitch didn't get the advantage of a real play action passing game as there was no running threat. Add that with Hunt's added rushing production and we get the 4-5 point boost.

I'm all for adding Hunt but you just know that somehow Howard is gonna end up on another team and have his best games against us. We're probably creating another little Alshon.

But whatever, small price to pay

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nagy was wired up in that presser, bobbing his head the whole way, like a guy in a psych ward.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why was Nagy pissed? Is it because he knows we should still be preparing for another playoff game?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here is a dumb question for the salary cap guys: would it cost more cap wise to cut Parkey and have that 4 M dead cap money in 2019 or to keep him and put him on IR immediately?

Are you planning to Gillooly him?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Anyone ask him yet how his offense only managed 15 points against the Eagles?
He answered how the future first ballot Hall of Famer Brees and the genius coach Sean Payton only were able to score 20 points against the same defense though they had ideal circumstances in a dome and if some me-first shitty K had not missed a field goal we would have had 18 points.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I'm all for adding Hunt but you just know that somehow Howard is gonna end up on another team and have his best games against us. We're probably creating another little Alshon.

But whatever, small price to pay

Also no one knows how long Hunt will be suspended for. He may not even play next season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Post June 1 cut would be the best for 2019, but only for an extra $1m in 19 that would then go on 2020''s cap. Still $4m+ in dead money for 2019.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why was Nagy pissed? Is it because he knows we should still be preparing for another playoff game?

Why wouldn't he be pissed? Season ended in a very shitty way. Probably hasn't stopped thinking about.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He answered how the future first ballot Hall of Famer Brees and the genius coach Sean Payton only were able to score 20 points against the same defense though they had ideal circumstances in a dome and if some me-first shitty K had not missed a field goal we would have had 18 points.

That’s actually a pretty reasonable answer, although not one fans will ultimately care about. Just win. Unfortunately, a kicker missing a field goal is a loss as well for the 52 other guys, the assistant coaches, coach, GM and owners.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

It's all the same money, the difference is what year(s) you pay it.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Ha, I said the same shit!

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't he be pissed? Season ended in a very shitty way. Probably hasn't stopped thinking about.

I'm glad he's pissed if it's for that reason. I didn't see the presser so I'm just asking why it seemed like he was pissed

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If you put him on IR you eat his 4M in cap space for 2019, then you spend more cap space on whomever replaces him.

If you cut him, you eat 5M in dead cap space for 2019, then you spend more cap space on whomever replaces him.

Of course he would need a legit injury to go on IR, you can't just put people on IR for funzies.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Did you know that the Chiefs averaged the EXACT SAME YPC with Hunt as without him this season?