Pace Appreciation

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Still did not have to trade up to get Trubusky and now that the bears are strapped against the cap, the draft is down to late rounds and UDFA's.

Lost first rounder next two years for mack, not really a problem since you consider Mack the first rounder, next years 2nd for moving up for miller, then you swap the third in 2020 to finally get a second back.

I guess there were other teams in that neighborhood so they can pay Mack 141??

So when the team needs to be filled in with draft picks (special teams anyone) because we cannot afford any free agents, we dont get any.

Okay.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the best offseason from a Bears GM that I can remember.

-Hired the right coach
-Kept his accomplished DC
-Signed a bunch of FA that have almost all worked out [F U Parkey]
-Made a blockbuster trade for one of the top 3 defensive players in the league
-Good-Potentially Draft

He should get some love for executive of the year for that offseason.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Still did not have to trade up to get Trubusky and now that the bears are strapped against the cap, the draft is down to late rounds and UDFA's.

Lost first rounder next two years for mack, not really a problem since you consider Mack the first rounder, next years 2nd for moving up for miller, then you swap the third in 2020 to finally get a second back.

So when the team needs to be filled in with draft picks (special teams anyone) because we cannot afford any free agents, we dont get any.

Where do we need a major free agent or high draft pick?

He set this up that our major needs next offseason are RT, RB, probably S, none of those require serious capital.

Also, I would literally sign 0 free agents next season other than for the vet minimum and make nothing but 7th round picks to have Mack on this team. He is the difference maker that gets us out of tier 2.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:

There was definitely enough reports of the Browns being interested in moving up to get Trubisky that you cant definitively say the Bears did not need to trade up.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
There has never been even a small chance of Pace losing his job in any season or offseason. I can't believe i still have to say this to people but his record in the previous 3 years mean nothing because he was going through a complete rebuild. Some of us saw the big picture or the finish line the whole time but knew it was just gonna take time while most just didn't have the patience to go through a 3-4 year rebuild. Whatever side of the R.Pace as our GM you've been on up until this point you should now be on the side of having, if not total trust in him then at least be close to trusting that he knows what he's doing. Maybe after he wins GM of the year then every Bears fan will be on board with him.

Look, I like where the team at is now overall. I loved how as soon as Mack was even a possibility he was on the phone. He's made some great pickups and picked some good players, especially with the last draft. I'm just saying let's not put his bust in Hallas Hall quite yet as he's also made some terrible decisions on some free agents and missed on early higher end picks. I just hope getting rid of Gould doesn't haunt this team during the playoffs.

And no, there definitely was a chance he wasn't retained. We lost what 9 straight division games? There were also over 10,000 no shows several times.

Either way the team is looking up and I'm enjoying watching them again for the first time in a long time.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

more speculation on whether to trade up or not for trubisky...there is no way to know 100% if teams were going to trade up for trubisky or not...Instead of standing pat, Pace went and secured the guy he wanted at the most important position in football, i have no issues with that.

Now that the bears are a team that is on the rise, players will want to come play for the bears instead of the bears having to overpay players to want to come here...The biggest needs for this offseason are RT, SS, NB. Coward may be an option or just simply resigning massie or the draft. Amos is likely let loose as he is simply adequate and bush may be a better in house option anyway. Callahan, I think he gets resigned as he's proven time and time again just how good he is.

2019 draft picks
3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 7th(conditional)
2020 draft picks
2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Plenty of draft capital to get impact players and or depth.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Where do we need a major free agent or high draft pick?

He set this up that our major needs next offseason are RT, RB, probably S, none of those require serious capital.

Also, I would literally sign 0 free agents next season other than for the vet minimum and make nothing but 7th round picks to have Mack on this team. He is the difference maker that gets us out of tier 2.

Hey windy did you keep a eye on that Bryan Witzmann guy that we had starting at RG over E.Kush yesterday to see how he did? Seems like he did well but i didn't really watch just him to know for sure.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I made a post about liking Barkley 2 years ago and still hear about it twice a week. You reap what you sow. That's how it works.

Can we please keep this thread about Ryan Pace, you can make your appreciation thread about Noonthiryjoe and carry on...mmmkay thanks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Look, I like where the team at is now overall. I loved how as soon as Mack was even a possibility he was on the phone. He's made some great pickups and picked some good players, especially with the last draft. I'm just saying let's not put his bust in Hallas Hall quite yet as he's also made some terrible decisions on some free agents and missed on early higher end picks. I just hope getting rid of Gould doesn't haunt this team during the playoffs.

And no, there definitely was a chance he wasn't retained. We lost what 9 straight division games? There were also over 10,000 no shows several times.

Either way the team is looking up and I'm enjoying watching them again for the first time in a long time.

I can't defend him on a couple of his 1st round picks but the free agent signings he did during the rebuild i can defend him on mostly. He didn't sign most of them to multi year contracts to be a part of the future, he signed each one to deals that he could get out of after one season so if they work out then he keeps them for the next year or re-signs them to another contract if they were only on a one year deal and if they don't work out then he simply cuts them or doesn't re-sign them. He was just bringing in bodies to get through the rebuild and hope they work out and can help us win some games.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
more speculation on whether to trade up or not for trubisky...there is no way to know 100% if teams were going to trade up for trubisky or not...Instead of standing pat, Pace went and secured the guy he wanted at the most important position in football, i have no issues with that.

Now that the bears are a team that is on the rise, players will want to come play for the bears instead of the bears having to overpay players to want to come here...The biggest needs for this offseason are RT, SS, NB. Coward may be an option or just simply resigning massie or the draft. Amos is likely let loose as he is simply adequate and bush may be a better in house option anyway. Callahan, I think he gets resigned as he's proven time and time again just how good he is.

2019 draft picks
3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 7th(conditional)
2020 draft picks
2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Plenty of draft capital to get impact players and or depth.

I thought there was a conditional 5th round pick that we got in the K.Mack deal as well? Pretty sure there was but not 100 on that.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the best offseason from a Bears GM that I can remember.

-Hired the right coach
-Kept his accomplished DC
-Signed a bunch of FA that have almost all worked out [F U Parkey]
-Made a blockbuster trade for one of the top 3 defensive players in the league
-Good-Potentially Draft

He should get some love for executive of the year for that offseason.

Exactly.

He had a rough start taking over a franchise with empty cupboards but he has no doubt turned things around in a huge way.

Executive of the year type year for Pace in 2018.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I thought there was a conditional 5th round pick that we got in the K.Mack deal as well? Pretty sure there was but not 100 on that.

there is but i assume the bears only get that if mack doesnt meet certain expectations and at this point i think mack has filled every expectation.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
there is but i assume the bears only get that if mack doesnt meet certain expectations and at this point i think mack has filled every expectation.

Unless it's something like game played which he's missed two so far.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hey windy did you keep a eye on that Bryan Witzmann guy that we had starting at RG over E.Kush yesterday to see how he did? Seems like he did well but i didn't really watch just him to know for sure.

There really is no point to watching Trubisky again.

I am going to re-watch the OL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There really is no point to watching Trubisky again.

I am going to re-watch the OL.

Hopefully this guy can be our answer at RG for the rest of the year.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Dan Orlovsky
‏Verified account @danorlovsky7
8h8 hours ago

It’s early in the season but, @ChicagoBears GM Ryan Pace has got to be at the forefront for executive of the year in the #NFL -Hit on all 3 of his big free agent signings and Home Run’d his Head Coach hire.
3:51 AM - 12 Nov 2018

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Dan Orlovsky
‏Verified account @danorlovsky7
8h8 hours ago

It’s early in the season but, @ChicagoBears GM Ryan Pace has got to be at the forefront for executive of the year in the #NFL -Hit on all 3 of his big free agent signings and Home Run’d his Head Coach hire.
3:51 AM - 12 Nov 2018

With the exception of the Parkey signing, he's had a tremendous year. Top 3 draft picks were plug and play players and each filled a need. To get Khalil Mack and a second rounder back that may end up as pick 33 was a fantastic thing to see. Glad to see he realized where the biggest hole on the team was and went after the DPOY when he had the chance. Completely revamped the WR's. 5 of the WR's from the team last year aren't even in the league this year.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
CTE Floyd, Shea McLellin, codeine parkey and Jay Cutler. Fire Ol’ Pacey Boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk