Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
CTE Floyd, Shea McLellin, codeine parkey and Jay Cutler. Fire Ol’ Pacey Boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does Shea have to do with Pace? Did Pace trade for or extend Cutler?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
For everyone that hated the White pick...he was the consensus pick there. This team was in desperate need of a playmaker. Sucks that he got hurt so many times, but shit happens. Pace has been fantastic. Nobody hits on all of their picks.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The thing I like most about Pace has been the change of culture at the club. He seems to be able to maintain a strong relationship with the McCaskey's while transitioning to a much younger and more dynamic team. He's invested in a head coach who is smart, dynamic, media friendly and also who seems to share a similar mindset. And he's transitioned what appears from the outside to have been a divided dressing room to one where there is far greater harmony, teamwork and mutual respect.

The draft is a crap shoot and for the most part even the very best will end up with high picks that don't pan out, and low picks or UDFA that turn out to be gold. Haven't looked at Bellichicks first rounders from the last ten years but I'm sure there are some that didn't pan out. Free agency is different and that's where I think it's fair to judge Pace. And overall, I love what Pace he's done - more so this year than before, but I think he had to build a foundation before he could go big.

The guy was clear that he was going to rebuild the team from inside out and I think that a five year turnaround, given the car crash he inherited, is a fair timeline. He's clearly on schedule, if not ahead of that. And it looks like we have exciting times ahead. So for me the positives massively outweigh any negatives - if you can call the occasional draft pick not making the grade a negative (rather than an inevitability).

Can't wait for the next few years, it's going to be a lot of fun!!

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just wanted to point out that no GM has ever had a perfect draft in consecutive years.