Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
huge upside, what 6 sacks maybe? He's a platoon OLB with Acho unless a miracle happens.

This works. Pace had to get a few veteran bodies that can play on the outside and hopefully stay healthy. There were no difference makers after Ansah and Lawrence were tagged. Vic had to say yes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
huge upside, what 6 sacks maybe? He's a platoon OLB with Acho unless a miracle happens.

If he can grab 6 sacks and play well against the run on a 1 year 6 million dollar deal that would be huge, even more so considering the void we have at the position.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can grab 6 sacks and play well against the run on a 1 year 6 million dollar deal that would be huge, even more so considering the void we have at the position.

I think the void we had made us overpay for him......that is a lot of money for a guy with little production the past two years.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Thanks but WindyCity introduced me to him I can't take the credit for him.

"Thanks but WindyCity introduced me to him I can't take the credit for him" = I use Windycity's mocks as a template for mine, make a couple changes call it my mock, make another change or two, that is my next mock etc....

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think this is an awful lot for a guy that has not produced in two years. 6 million for a guy the played in half the games the last two years with 2.5 sacks......

I think that is way too much.....

Yeah, I'm not in love with the signing. It's a fit, but the dude is a head case that doesn't seem to jell with what's being built attitude wise.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I think the void we had made us overpay for him......that is a lot of money for a guy with little production the past two years.

It's just another FA overpay by a very desperate gm.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:

Is it fully guaranteed?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One year deal where he has a fit. BFD. The locker room atmosphere is fixed and Fangio don't take no shit. Could be a great signing or just a placeholder. We needed an outside body and at least this guy has the goods.

Luke

Liked Posts:
It's no biggie but people are way too excited about it. Rotational olb until a rookie is ready

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:

Why are fans worried about player salaries, the teams have a BUDGET for FA’s.
It’s not like the team will overdraft their accounts..

We have plenty of Salary Cap space/flexibility...

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Damn WindyCity was on target with many of these FA.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think the other signings were overpays....I think AR15 came cheap comparatively.

I think OLB was a desperate need, that is part of that overpay.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn WindyCity was on target with many of these FA.

when you do about 40 mock offseasons you are bound to get a few right by sheer numbers....

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this is an awful lot for a guy that has not produced in two years. 6 million for a guy the played in half the games the last two years with 2.5 sacks......

I think that is way too much.....

This is definitely a gross overpay for a guy who really didn’t give a shit in college to the point that a coach of his ripped the shit out of him to the media, basically gave up on his team in the NFL, and multiple failed drug tests. Lynch should be out of a job, not getting rewarded with a $5.5 million raise. All that being said, the Bears had the cap space to roll the dice.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I don't think the other signings were overpays....I think AR15 came cheap comparatively.

I think OLB was a desperate need, that is part of that overpay.

Burton surely was anyway. I'm not complaining, now I just want to see a starting ol signed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's no biggie but people are way too excited about it. Rotational olb until a rookie is ready

To be fair, I don't think they bring him in for a new spot just for that. It's a lightning in a bottle type of projection so no one should get too excited but sometimes you luck out. It's a good gamble.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace failed to bring in any meaningful OLBs besides Floyd....that is why we are overpaying for an almost has-been.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
basically takes mcphee's spot in the rotation

we have acho back taking his own spot, so now we have houston's and young's spot to fill still. you guys thinking 2 rookies or do you want to see another FA OLB brought in?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
basically takes mcphee's spot in the rotation

we have acho back taking his own spot, so now we have houston's and young's spot to fill still. you guys thinking 2 rookies or do you want to see another FA OLB brought in?

They need rookies at this position and they need them to contribute day 1......they will have to be round 1 or 2, and there is no way around this.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering if the Bears are actually reading our posts and figuring out how to put a team together!