dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As opposed to those with critical thinking genius, such as yourself, that had Hoyer making 10 mil+ a year?

Or offering AJ 5/60 ?

Gilmore at 14-15 mil per, but was too expensive at 13?

got it.

Gilmore got $40 mil guaranteed which is crazy for a good not great CB and only J.Norman got more.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is going nowhere.

He has the Bears best draft in 13 years last year.

Dora team that has drafted like shit you don't chase that guy out of town the next season.

Draft is only part of the equation, you have to hit on all cylinders. This includes FA, and retaining your own talent. The early returns on the 2016 draft do look promising, but lets just hold off on declaring it the best in 13 years for another year or two. It looks like Pace added three starters in 2016, Howard,Floyd, and Whitehair. I'm not going to get to excited about drafting a center in the second round and him being a starter, you would expect that. Howard is the gem of the crop, lets hope Pace doesn't run him into the ground (which I think he will this year), as you well know teams will be loading up against the run and challenging Glennon to beat them with his arm this year. Not sure Floyd can make it through a full year, but I sure hope so.

Paired with the 2015 draft, Pace has averaged 2 starters per draft, in my book that is just Meh.........

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why was Aaron Rodgers at a JuCo?

You really are stupid.

I can understand why you would feel that way. Its not nice though. Be cool. :) Everyone has their angle and contribution, things would be easier if we worried more about getting to the truth of the Bears, and the World, without attacking each other.

When the right or the left expresses frustration or just blank dumbfounded disbelief...I know its hard...we gotta see the root for why the other feels that way. We are losing the patience as a clan to move forward cooperatively.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trying to argue about White's talent level based on his performance at the NFL level is stupid....he was a highly regarded 1st round candidate that has been unlucky the past two years.....it happens.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trying to argue about White's talent level based on his performance at the NFL level is stupid....he was a highly regarded 1st round candidate that has been unlucky the past two years.....it happens.

Millen fanboys never seem to realize some of us criticized the White pick on draft day. First tape I watched I nearly threw up in my mouth.

You need such a special player to draft a WR in the top 10...he never had a chance to be that even if healthy and his injuries only prevented him from displaying how bad of a pick it truly is.

3 years later, of professional coaches...the learning curve should at least be minimized. I think it would have taken this long...will probably take him another year to peak and show what his potential could be. He never showed in college the skillset that makes you Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson.

Or Alshon Jeffery for that matter. The 1400 yards...I just can't get this through to alot of you...the 1400 yards that Jeffery put up as a sophmore..is in every way different from the 1400 gimmick bullshit that White put up at West Virginia.

SEC vs Big 12 is just the beginning...or the fact that the Big 12 was without quality corners on about 10 teams that year, or the fact that Whites yards after the catch were freaking phenomenol...because he would catch balls with 15 yards of space. Poorly catch them I might add. HIs yards after contact were not impressive. He has always gone down easy.

He is long legged, not quick. Lacks the mass of Calvin or Julio. And the height. And the strength.

He should have been a second round pick. I realize he would go toward the end of the first in most drafts...but I maintain the smart teams would never have drafted him where he was.

There must have been scouts that pulled him off their boards. Pace wasn't one of those guys? But why not?

Well..he stubbed his toe, he's injured...Pace is off the hook. He got injured in fucking practice. He runs like a goon. His IQ is bad...Juco. And its his IQ that broke his leg. There is just so much wrong with this pick I don't know where to begin....or end.

I'll end there. Just please stop defending it based on the injury. He was a high end #2 "POTENTIAL" guy from the beginning.... .2 off his 40 doesn't change that.

For fucks sake I am still a fan of the guy, I still want him to be the best he can be. WE NEEEEEEEED HIM!!!!! NEEEEEED HIM TO STEP UP!!! I like his charisma, his positive energy. He has shown persaverance to work his way out of JuCo, and earn a starting spot. He's a good kid, I think he is a good person. I'm glad he is a Bear, wish the cost was less. Wish he didn't get hurt.

But Pace fucked up. I don't know why the denial. Taking a WR top 10 is pretty standard thing to be upset about. Every once in a while a freak talent appears, but you need to see the signs of complete physical dominance if you think they can just step in and be a #1 before 3 years experience. Calvin Johnson was hard because of Georgia Tech offense. But the athleticism at the combine was clear....and the size.

White isn't big enough to dominate physically. Sorry...he isn't that big by NFL WR standards. And he was never THAT fast. Specifically, he has long legs and was never going to be quick enough to create seperation. The bulk of his college yards would be cut off by decent speed and proper angles by players not afraid of him. Seriously...watch them again if you have to, but understand nothing he did in college or at the combine made me think #1 WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Draft is only part of the equation, you have to hit on all cylinders. This includes FA, and retaining your own talent. The early returns on the 2016 draft do look promising, but lets just hold off on declaring it the best in 13 years for another year or two. It looks like Pace added three starters in 2016, Howard,Floyd, and Whitehair. I'm not going to get to excited about drafting a center in the second round and him being a starter, you would expect that. Howard is the gem of the crop, lets hope Pace doesn't run him into the ground (which I think he will this year), as you well know teams will be loading up against the run and challenging Glennon to beat them with his arm this year. Not sure Floyd can make it through a full year, but I sure hope so.

Paired with the 2015 draft, Pace has averaged 2 starters per draft, in my book that is just Meh.........

It looks like Pace added 3 new starters?? Not looks like it's he did add 3 new starters.

How exactly is it that Pace can run Howard into the ground?? Is he our new OC??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Ozzie Newsome must be a bad GM as well since he draft B.Perriman in the 1st round and he's been injured pretty much his whole time in the league as well.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's funny peeking in here at the usual idiots (see OP) saying the usual nonsensical things...

I told y'all it was a MULTI-YR rebuild, but the usual Meatball Chirakistan fans were too dumb and too football Special person to understand why/what that meant, so now they're shocked we won't be contending for a thing in 2017.

Furthermore, the guy just had an outstanding- not perfect- draft.

Unless we fail to get to 5-6 wins, I think he's staying. The biggest issue now is the QB position, and much of the league is in the same boat given what is coming out of college.....which is basically bupkiss.

Changing GM's won't magically gift us a great young QB.

If the multi-year rebuild could just not include a bust WR at #7 overall in his first draft, a lack of depth at NT that grinds on our young players, and lack of good veterans that grinds down our young players.

Pace is churning up the talent faster than he can draft it.

I dealt with this on my rugby team in the Southern California league with San Diego St, UNLV, UCSB and some other schools. Only our school was only 1200 students, we were lucky to get 25-30 guys out to first practice.

This guy named "The Ox King" injured 3 players in the first contact practice against ourselves, we lost 5 to injury, and 2 never came back. You can't have attrition on your young talent.

We would end up playing 175 lb freshman against San Diego State, 15 vs 23 (they had 8 subs as well, plus 20 reserves to rotate between games)...we had 2 200 lbers, me and the Ox King.

Now...how fun do you think that was going againt 4 300 lb somoans, 4 other guys about 250lbs, and all 7 of their backs about 200 lbs? PLus I was 30. Our team used to have missionairies that grew up with the game, putting us in this league over our head.

I'll tell you that I respect those little shits on our team far more than the guts it takes to beat us down. But it taught me something about attrition. If Pace is just throwing young talent into the grinder without paying to bring in proper free agents, then some of that talent is going to be trash by the time the rebuild even gets going.

If they put 300 carries on Howard this year. If Floyd suffers a 4th concussion before the competiive years even begin in 2018. If Goldman's ankles are done because Pace is too incompetent to fortify NT behind him.

Goldman is our best player, so we just chew him up. That isn't the way to success. Floyd got chewed up because he was starting on day 1 is what I am talking about. He got rag dolled for 75 snaps...literally just pounded into the ground. He wasn't ready. We threw one of our biggest assets to the fire this year and put 2 concussions on him because he wasn't strong or skilled enough yet to protect himself. Never seen a guy get pancaked so much in a season. Never. Word to the wise...thats not good for you and shows the Bears have no concept of protecting their talent or the core key to the rebuild.

We are totally incompetent from the top to the bottom. We have dumb shit strategy, dumb shit planning, and a dumb shit GM. Time will bear that out, I am becoming more and more sure of that.

Fuck...

Bear down.

I hate to break this but concussion protocol is now very serious. With two on the books, Floyd is going to enter a realm of oh fuck on the very next one. They will pull him out, the doctors will advise him to retire...he might resist until the 4th, or the 5th...but they come easier.

I saw many freshman on my team never mature to the point they could be good rugby players...we chewed them up before they could even develop the strength. Thats how I felt about Floyd last year. We had no coach...no program really...just students trying to keep something going. Our incompetence was forgivable...I was the only mature person to know better...and they didn't listen to me. ;) lol, I'm sure many of you understand. The Bears incompetence is just embarrassing.

Liked Posts:
Just the fact that you're advocating for Hoyer and Barkley says it all. Barkley's performance against the Redskins was as bad as I've ever seen. Give it a rest...

I agree that Barkley is bad but don't forget this stooge.

[video=youtube_share;f9l_Ol2pKA4]https://youtu.be/f9l_Ol2pKA4[/video]

Liked Posts:
What Pace needs is Deshaun Watson. If the Bears can get a successful QB, I think Pace is the right man for the job. He had a great draft last year and did pretty well during free agency. Bears just need to become a winning organization again. Fox needs to go imo. Pace wants to rebuild the correct way while Fox wants to win now trying to save his job.

Liked Posts:
John Fox worked with DeMaryius Thomas....so if he liked Kevin White, Im on his side. White should have been a beast for us but unfortunately he got hurt. Hopefully he gets his career on track this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What Pace needs is Deshaun Watson. If the Bears can get a successful QB, I think Pace is the right man for the job. He had a great draft last year and did pretty well during free agency. Bears just need to become a winning organization again. Fox needs to go imo. Pace wants to rebuild the correct way while Fox wants to win now trying to save his job.

nothing we are doing is building a winning organization. Our QB's are Sanchez and Glennon and Shaw plus maybe a mid round pick. lol total incompetence. Unreal incompetence. "This can't be happening" level incompetence.

Sculpt dropped the most important stat I have seen. It showed Jays last 8 games QB rating, and Glennon's last 8 games QB rating...which was like 106. Thats half a season of pro-bowl material...

Something Nick Foles and Grossman have also done...however its a better sign of things than not. But I don't trust his body. He probably has a condition that effects a similar chromosome as the Marphan syndrome. They don't totally understand that, but lack of a protein causes bones to grow too long...the long extremities like the neck is a sign. Its a connective tissue disorder, and issues effecting that chromosome make him very fragile potentially.

I know this because I'm not as stupid as Gusto thinks. Glennon is essentially a free (from asset perspective) look under a 106 QB rating over their last 8 games rock. That is smart. But there are things about this QB that worry me, and the length of time it takes his feet to move due to his physical attibutes is concerning. I don't want to think about him getting rolled up on, but its likely to happen at some point.

Liked Posts:
nothing we are doing is building a winning organization. Our QB's are Sanchez and Glennon and Shaw plus maybe a mid round pick. lol total incompetence. Unreal incompetence. "This can't be happening" level incompetence.

Sculpt dropped the most important stat I have seen. It showed Jays last 8 games QB rating, and Glennon's last 8 games QB rating...which was like 106. Thats half a season of pro-bowl material...

Something Nick Foles and Grossman have also done...however its a better sign of things than not. But I don't trust his body. He probably has a condition that effects a similar chromosome as the Marphan syndrome. They don't totally understand that, but lack of a protein causes bones to grow too long...the long extremities like the neck is a sign. Its a connective tissue disorder, and issues effecting that chromosome make him very fragile potentially.

I know this because I'm not as stupid as Gusto thinks. Glennon is essentially a free (from asset perspective) look under a 106 QB rating over their last 8 games rock. That is smart. But there are things about this QB that worry me, and the length of time it takes his feet to move due to his physical attibutes is concerning. I don't want to think about him getting rolled up on, but its likely to happen at some point.

Believe me the last guy I wanted was Glennon. But we signed him so we just got to deal with it. Im hoping Glennon plays decent enough that we can turn around an trade him for a 2nd or 1st rounder next year. Wishful thinking, I know, but you never know what can happen. I like Watson but if we skip out on him, I get it as well. Next years QB class is loaded. Makes sense to wait til next year imo, take best player available at every pick this year. Bears need to just keep stockpiling talent.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is still too early to judge Pace. After this year, if there isn't improvement, I think he has an problem but no one can intelligently judge that until after the upcoming year. Thought I do think there are reasons to be skeptical.

White is a bust so far. He may be a bust only because of the injuries. At the time, he was a highly regarded WR. Many of the mock draft talking heads agreed that he was a good, reasonable, pick. Hindsight is not a super-power. So, calling it a bad pick is correct buy only in hindsight. We may never know. I hope he produces but don't expect much and anything he does produce is icing on the cake.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don't think pace is going anywhere anytime soon. I think fox was a forced hire so when he gets a chance to make his own hire I think that's when the clock starts on him. Plus they might look at him as young and inexperienced so take a more patient approach that maybe he grows into the role. Not saying this is the right way to go forward just what I think is going on

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
As opposed to those with critical thinking genius, such as yourself, that had Hoyer making 10 mil+ a year?

Or offering AJ 5/60 ?

You wanted Gilmore at 14-15 mil per, but was too expensive at 13?

got it.

Lol....I said Hoyer could get 8-12 million per season. I have no problem admitting I was wrong with my free agent contract predictions. It's pretty meaningless in the end and doesn't show critical thinking even if I were right. I did want Gilmore as well....but making him the highest paid CB in guarantees is never something I would have thought was a good idea. I'm glad Pace didn't severely overpay and outbid the Pats.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Going to be more hilarious when MG has a solid season and this board does a complete 180 and jumps on the MG wagon.

He isn't going to be a top 10 QB but I think Glennon will surprise some people.
I look at his rookie stats and they were pretty good... I understand why he didnt start past that as TB drafted Winston, going for a potential future elite QB, and he had to sit behind him.
But he may turn out to be pretty good for us... whether we draft a QB or not.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
It is still too early to judge Pace. After this year, if there isn't improvement, I think he has an problem but no one can intelligently judge that until after the upcoming year. Thought I do think there are reasons to be skeptical.

White is a bust so far. He may be a bust only because of the injuries. At the time, he was a highly regarded WR. Many of the mock draft talking heads agreed that he was a good, reasonable, pick. Hindsight is not a super-power. So, calling it a bad pick is correct buy only in hindsight. We may never know. I hope he produces but don't expect much and anything he does produce is icing on the cake.

Yeah this.... my hope iis that K.White goes into the season healthy and ready to produce.