Pace offered 3 firsts, a third, and two starters for Russell Wilson

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yea, well that one was prettyt important man.

Pretty obvious at this point pace has pretty good job security considering the moron is doing whatever the fuck he wants so far this offseason

He's gonna be the next pax. Fucking hell man.

I was a pace guy but this shit is a disaster. Barring a miracle trade up in the draft for one of the top 3 QB's I can't see a reason to be excited about next season.
Time will tell but i don't see it. or i just dont want to.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yea, well that one was prettyt important man.

Pretty obvious at this point pace has pretty good job security considering the moron is doing whatever the fuck he wants so far this offseason

He's gonna be the next pax. Fucking hell man.

I was a pace guy but this shit is a disaster. Barring a miracle trade up in the draft for one of the top 3 QB's I can't see a reason to be excited about next season.
His contract is up at the end of the year and he barely survived this season from the sound of it He's basically gone, I don't think this is some arrogant general manager who thinks his job is secure. This seems much more a man deluded into believing the Bears are the same team they were three years ago and all he needs to do is rearrange a couple of things to get right back to that level.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
L-O-Fucking-L!!!! Bwhahahahahahahahaha!

Ok, Pace, you fucking 'tard, lose two starters and an embarrassment of riches in terms of draft capital for a great QB but one that's turning 33 yrs. old this season? How many SBs we gonna win without a couple key starters, no 1st rounders until Wilson turns 36, and limited cap space?

Fucking moron of a GM, enjoy your last season - pitchforks have been sharpened and torches lit for your dumb ass.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Like i said in another thread, the fact that Ryan Pace is allowed to put together that type of package for anyone is pretty alarming stuff considering he should have been canned after '19.

I am not convinced that hes on any kind of hot seat and if he is, the fact that you would let him use future draft picks is even more damning. Whole organization is trash.

Pace felt comfortable giving $19 million to Dalton and Foles, because he’s not on the hot seat.

Those thinking the Bears are going to trade up to draft a quarterback are delusional.

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sure as shit don’t want to up that offer.

Seattle could have packaged that and drafted their next guy.

Wish we could’ve/would’ve waited until Houston or Seattle realized next season would be bad news with their current starter.

I still wouldn’t rule out a trade but I certainly won’t hold my breath.

or 3 a way deal with CHI/SEA/HOU: Wilson to Bears, Watson to Seahawks, Texans get picks

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This was never gonna happen till June no matter what but CCS apparently is way too eager to commence in dick ripping already JFC

Trades and signings are agreed to in principle ahead of time all the time. When the Wentz and Goff/Stafford trades broke, nothing was official. No paperwork was filed. Nothing could go through until much later. But the two sides agreed in principle.

If the Bears and Seahawks had agreed to a trade in principle, to take effect in June, we’d know.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I sure as shit don’t want to up that offer.

Seattle could have packaged that and drafted their next guy.

Wish we could’ve/would’ve waited until Houston or Seattle realized next season would be bad news with their current starter.

I still wouldn’t rule out a trade but I certainly won’t hold my breath.
Pete Carroll is over seventy years old. He probably want to sell out to try and win another one before he retires in a few years. They've got a better chance of doing that with Russell Wilson than without him. Jody Allen is really just managing a trust, I don't think there's any way for someone above Carroll and John Schnieder to step in and take what was obviously a very lopsided deal for the Seahawks. Bears got bailed out by some other franchises' dysfunction for once.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya the more i thought about it the more i wasnt wanting wilson and preferring they find a way for a qb in the 1st round. If we gave up all that was offered...I’m real curious who the starters would have been in the deal. The defense was one of the oldest groups already last season and regressing...if two defensive starters then yikes.

they better get a qb in the draft. ******* should have been fored end of season like most wanted.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Trades and signings are agreed to in principle ahead of time all the time. When the Wentz and Goff/Stafford trades broke, nothing was official. No paperwork was filed. Nothing could go through until much later. But the two sides agreed in principle.

If the Bears and Seahawks had agreed to a trade in principle, to take effect in June, we’d know.
Not saying I disagree with this but Pace has always hid his information pretty well. And there is a lot of time from now until June for Carroll to mess things up.

Biscuit

Liked Posts:
This would be franchise suicide and I'm honestly shocked the Seahawks didn't take it.

I agree, Bears would’ve been giving up way too much.

But from the Seahawks perspective, making that deal with the Bears made as much sense as making same deal with the Mariners. They need a QB.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:

No your wrong on that - you can't designate a trade post June 1. Can't be done and no reason to put it out in the media weather they're would be fines or not I dint know. I dont think they're is any example of that I know of. Jim Miller and pat Kirwan discussed this at length on the air over a week ago. Becase of the bap implication nothing can happen until June or Seattle cant spread the rest of the dead money

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Not saying I disagree with this but Pace has always hid his information pretty well. And there is a lot of time from now until June for Carroll to mess things up.
If anyone can find an example of a post June 1 trade prior to then I'm all ears. But it had a former NFL QB and 2 GMs stumped so that's where I'm coming from.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sounds like he did everything he could to get Wilson so that's great...

But out of the remaining pool, was Andy Dalton really the best option? Maybe... but IDK.
Why did he need a fresh turd from the cesspool? He already had a dried up turd on the shelf.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this team goes 6-11 I won't be shocked if nagy gets the boot and pace gets a promotion.

If he gets promoted out of football operations, I'm cool with that.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
or 3 a way deal with CHI/SEA/HOU: Wilson to Bears, Watson to Seahawks, Texans get picks

Why would Seattle need to be involved in that trade if Houston will give up Watson for that package?

Perspective

Liked Posts:

====================================

I keep reading ignorant meat heads complaining how Pace is incompetent to not get a better QB than Dalton ....

Looks like he offered everything he could to Seattle.... but it takes two teams to tango

He tried to trade for Stafford but the Lions did not want to trade in division
He could not trade for Goff as he went as part of the Stafford package
Prescott was never a FA
Wentz was terrible last year and has huge salary cap impact that does not justify his performance on the field or the fact that he is injured a lot and judging by what the Colts gave for him, no one in the NFL really wanted Wentz
He tried to get Jameis who rather go with the Saints

So the choices were Dalton, Fitzmagic in FA or Minshew via trade .... Dalton for 1 year $10M is pretty reasonable given all the options that are REALISTIC

Yeah all fans want Watson and Wilson but the other team has to agree to trade them too .....

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ryan Pace should get a pass for trying. All that matters in the NFL is trying. He's tried so many times to get a decent QB, and completely failed. But at least he tried.

reelss

Liked Posts:
Pace deserves to be fired for putting the team in the spot where they are begging teams for their QBs and willing to give up a king’s ransom. He is the one who has gotten the QB situation wrong multiple times.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Pace deserves to be fired for putting the team in the spot where they are begging teams for their QBs and willing to give up a king’s ransom. He is the one who has gotten the QB situation wrong multiple times.

I agree with this but you have to balance that with the fact that he is also the one who got Nichols, Mack, Ejax, Cohen, Daniels, Whitehair, Roquan, ARob, Mooney, KMet, Mustipher, Bryce Callahan, Jaylon Johnson, Trevathan, Hicks, Roy Robertson Harris, Urban, Mario Edwards, Ha ha Dix, Amos, Gipson (safety) etc

And he is also the GM of a team that due to all those additions, made the playoffs 2/3 years .... so yes he needs to fix the QB position, and I really do not think he is done.....they will most likely get one in the draft and there are also news now they are looking at trading for Minshew