Pace offered 3 firsts, a third, and two starters for Russell Wilson

2Deep

Liked Posts:

====================================

I keep reading ignorant meat heads complaining how Pace is incompetent to not get a better QB than Dalton ....

Looks like he offered everything he could to Seattle.... but it takes two teams to tango

He tried to trade for Stafford but the Lions did not want to trade in division
He could not trade for Goff as he went as part of the Stafford package
Prescott was never a FA
Wentz was terrible last year and has huge salary cap impact that does not justify his performance on the field or the fact that he is injured a lot and judging by what the Colts gave for him, no one in the NFL really wanted Wentz
He tried to get Jameis who rather go with the Saints

So the choices were Dalton, Fitzmagic in FA or Minshew via trade .... Dalton for 1 year $10M is pretty reasonable given all the options that are REALISTIC

Yeah all fans want Watson and Wilson but the other team has to agree to trade them too .....

This is PR stuff Pace is putting out himself to the national guys to show he is trying.
Means nothing.......Andy Dalton is starting QB. ...think about it

reelss

Liked Posts:
I agree with this but you have to balance that with the fact that he is also the one who got Nichols, Mack, Ejax, Cohen, Daniels, Whitehair, Roquan, ARob, Mooney, KMet, Mustipher, Bryce Callahan, Jaylon Johnson, Trevathan, Hicks, Roy Robertson Harris, Urban, Mario Edwards, Ha ha Dix, Amos, Gipson (safety) etc

And he is also the GM of a team that due to all those additions, made the playoffs 2/3 years .... so yes he needs to fix the QB position, and I really do not think he is done.....they will most likely get one in the draft and there are also news now they are looking at trading for Minshew

none of it matters. In today’s NFL you need to get the QB position right. Any other GM would’ve been able to put together a roster and hit on some draft picks.

His choices at QB have been Glennon, Mariota (rumored trade up attempt), Foles and Trubisky. Now Dalton. The Trubisky debacle alone is criminal and has set this franchise back a decade.

Last years playoff appearance was a joke. And even including that his track record is more like 2/6.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

I keep reading ignorant meat heads complaining how Pace is incompetent to not get a better QB than Dalton ....

Looks like he offered everything he could to Seattle.... but it takes two teams to tango

Prescott was never a FA
Wentz was terrible last year and has huge salary cap impact that does not justify his performance on the field or the fact that he is injured a lot and judging by what the Colts gave for him, no one in the NFL really wanted Wentz

So the choices were Dalton, Fitzmagic in FA or Minshew via trade .... Dalton for 1 year $10M is pretty reasonable given all the options that are REALISTIC

Yeah all fans want Watson and Wilson but the other team has to agree to trade them too .....
Naive pace caping this is likely that scum bag @dabears70 alt account

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Prescott was never a FA

That is not offering everything he could. Hicks and Mack would kill the Seahawks cap. More likely he needs to offer Quan (replaces Wright) and Johnson (replaces Griffin) who in addition to be good are also cheap.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
That is not offering everything he could. Hicks and Mack would kill the Seahawks cap. More likely he needs to offer Quan (replaces Wright) and Johnson (replaces Griffin) who in addition to be good are also cheap.
I am sure if they countered with that pace would have accepted it. Fact is wilson was never on the trading block. I just wish he would have demanded a trade.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I am sure if they countered with that pace would have accepted it. Fact is wilson was never on the trading block. I just wish he would have demanded a trade.
He might have never officially been on the trading but obviously the Seahawks were listening. Agree though if he demands a trade, then that forces Seattle to step up.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
He might have never officially been on the trading but obviously the Seahawks were listening. Agree though if he demands a trade, then that forces Seattle to step up.
They listend but had no reason to pull the trigger. it would have been different if wilson wanted out

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Maybe so but point is that 2 older vets was not the best Pace could offer. Wilson is likely on the trading block but simply not right now. It always made sense for the Seahawks and Texans to wait until closer to the draft and once they finished all their scouting.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Sounds like he did everything he could to get Wilson so that's great...

But out of the remaining pool, was Andy Dalton really the best option? Maybe... but IDK.
Id much rather have Mitch back, but that wasnt going to happen

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Ya the more i thought about it the more i wasnt wanting wilson and preferring they find a way for a qb in the 1st round. If we gave up all that was offered...I’m real curious who the starters would have been in the deal. The defense was one of the oldest groups already last season and regressing...if two defensive starters then yikes.

they better get a qb in the draft. ******* should have been fored end of season like most wanted.
same school of thought. If they give Pace that much draft cap to move on a 33 year old QB then they should just let him move up to snag someone. Appears that the 1st QB out pans out less than latter ones anyways. Not like Pace will get it right, but at least it’s something. They aren’t going to sit back and do nothing. Pace isn’t dumb enough to think Dalton is the answer. They saw how that played out last year. Not a Pace advocate but he’s what we have right now, and seems to be sticking around with the love affair at the org exec level.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They need to do something to improve the team for 2021 if they want to deal next years first to move up into the tenth overall range. It would not be good if they finish with four wins next year and dont even have the high pick to show for it.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Annnnd I just read the Dalton interview where Pace and Nagy told him he’d be the starter. Forget anything I’ve said. Fuck this season.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Annnnd I just read the Dalton interview where Pace and Nagy told him he’d be the starter. Forget anything I’ve said. Fuck this season.
Its a load of shit. If they really believed in him they'd have made more than a one year commitment. Andy Dalton is getting $10,000,000, vastly more than other backup quarterbacks have gotten this off-season, he's obligated to play along like he's The Guy.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Pace is not even close to being on the hot seat.

I’d bet that that fucking dude doesn’t draft a QB and straight-up rolls into the regular season with Dalton/Foles as his QB room.

The dude has no fucking clue, guys.