Pace Panicked

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The best round to draft great players is round 1. After that it becomes a crap shoot.

I think even that concept is 'overrated', because IMO there are only a few "can't miss" guys in each draft class. If you aren't drafting in the top 10 of the 1st round, there isn't much difference between the 1st round and the 3rd round.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think even that concept is 'overrated', because IMO there are only a few "can't miss" guys in each draft class. If you aren't drafting in the top 10 of the 1st round, there isn't much difference between the 1st round and the 3rd round.

yea....there is. You're usually a very educated poster and I don't really disagree ever with anything you say but that comment is just plain dumb.

From picks 11-32 there were 63 probowlers drafted in the last 10 years. There was 33 drafted in round 3.

The % success rate to find a star is much higher. Thats not even including top 10 picks. You include those and its 113 players to 33.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The best round to draft great players is round 1. After that it becomes a crap shoot.

If a team has limited slots to fill and a lot of depth it is harder for lower draft slot players to make the team or have a meaningful impact I would imagine. So more may not be better in that case. Even if a player could make an impact at some point, he may not get a chance to realize that on a team with great depth.

My god. With hard hitting analysis like this I don't know why you're not still working for PFF.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
My god. With hard hitting analysis like this I don't know why you're not still working for PFF.

there are 2 kinds of people.....assholes and not assholes.....you've clearly defined your role...thanks

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're only now figuring this out? Perhaps I was a bit hasty in the aforementioned assessment. Maybe PFT is more your speed.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Five years of Pace drafting and FA acquisitions where he's identified his guy, and gone and got him. But sure, panic.....

Tell us some more about how your scout contacts are saying he was a horrible pick.

Thanks.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Dear God, what a panicking little snot.

By the way, the results are in for the trade up for Mitch trubisky, where Pace supposedly got fleeced.

The 49ers are dumping one of their picks and trying to trade the other.

people just can't handle that there is a GM that knows what the hell he's doing in this town. I think it pisses them off and they try to tear him down because if the GM knows what he's doing then they can't armchair GM anymore...

To be clear, I am a huge Ryan Pace supporter and believed he deserved full credit for last off-season even before the season started. I have proof in past posts as well.

You are the queen of overcomplicating everything Bears related and I imagine you wearing a tin hat with a cat on your lap while posting.

I didn’t like this particular draft pick. I’ve watched him live in more than a few games this year and I didn’t want him on the Bears. I certainly wasn’t in favor of trading up for him.

I can’t tell if you liked the pick or are just in homer mode right now with the recent success.

But I stopped taking your talent evaluating skills seriously when you told the CBMB that Andy Fantuz had the potential to be a #1 WR in the NFL. It’s one of my favorite memories of CBMB. Don’t even fucking deny you said it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
In college Hunt was not a take it the distance back. In fact his production in college in terms of long runs was very similar to Montgomery.

Montgomery does not have elite speed, that is a fact. But Hunt wasn’t a home run hitting back until he got to the NFL.

You can just watch the first 2 min. Then, reply back with an apology.

Alllllll of that offseason draft work you put in and that is the conclusion you came to on Hunt? Check again.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

You can just watch the first 2 min. Then, reply back with an apology.

Alllllll of that offseason draft work you put in and that is the conclusion you came to on Hunt? Check again.
Big 12 > MAC
any o line > ISU o line

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
You guys are forgetting one of the most obvious ways that David Montgomery isn't Kareem Hunt - Montgomery is actually not suspended and available to play.

Mitch, you need to relax. We get it, we get it - you're a Hawkeye fan so you can't give an Iowa State player credit for anything. He's a THIRD round draft pick - he doesn't have to be Walter Payton - he just has to fit into the team and balance Cohen and Davis's contributions, which he'll do. This constant comparing him to a MAC player who is suspended by the league and doesn't even play is silly.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jealousy is not a good look on you.

You are accusing me of being jealous because you validated my thoughts on Montgomery by confirming with your sources that that they think he is a below average prospect?

What a weird take.

Perhaps, you should add myself as a source with my track record. You admit the scout echo my sentiments.

What I learned from your posts are it’s worse than I originally thought. Pace didn’t panic, he mis-evaluated a player and compounded the error my giving up additional resources to acquire him. Not good.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys are forgetting one of the most obvious ways that David Montgomery isn't Kareem Hunt - Montgomery is actually not suspended and available to play.

Mitch, you need to relax. We get it, we get it - you're a Hawkeye fan so you can't give an Iowa State player credit for anything. He's a THIRD round draft pick - he doesn't have to be Walter Payton - he just has to fit into the team and balance Cohen and Davis's contributions, which he'll do. This constant comparing him to a MAC player who is suspended by the league and doesn't even play is silly.

As I mentioned previously, I was a big fan of Hakeem Butler and would have loved him for the Bears. So, not true.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Who was the worse positional group...David Montgomery's OL at Iowa State, or Jay Cutlers WR corps with the Bears?

CCS already 'laying the groundwork' for Montgomery excuses when he busts. Sad. Have some faith, people. No need to denigrate his teammates just yet.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Big 12 > MAC
any o line > ISU o line

A) I was responding to Windy incorrectly stating Kareem Hunt was not a homerun hitter til the NFL. Your post has no relevance but I’ll respond anyways.

B) As I’ve already stated, Big 12 defenses are fucking horrible. Evidence by the fact when Texas Tech plays Baylor or Oklahoma State plays Kansas State, the over/unders are absurdly high. Sure the Big 12 is better overall but it is because of the offense. No NFL teams are clamoring for Big 12 defenders lol.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You are accusing me of being jealous because you validated my thoughts on Montgomery by confirming with your sources that that they think he is a below average prospect?

What a weird take.

Perhaps, you should add myself as a source with my track record. You admit the scout echo my sentiments.

What I learned from your posts are it’s worse than I originally thought. Pace didn’t panic, he mis-evaluated a player and compounded the error my giving up additional resources to acquire him. Not good.
didn't read.