dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Everyone keeps talking about Jim Harbaugh. What about John Harbaugh? There was some speculation on Twitter the past couple of days that a 'very established' coach is wanting a change of scenery and QB. Most people would think Sean Peyton. I think John Harbaugh.

Can you imagine being tied to Flacco for your whole career?

Yeah i actually started a thread on here when that tweet or article first came out a few days ago. I also said i thought it was John Harbaugh and some thought it was Fangio who Gabriel was talking about which also made sense. I like him but i think i'm already stuck with hoping we get an offensive minded HC but i also said in that thread that Kubiak enjoyed his time working under John Harbaugh in Baltimore as his OC so if we could get those two in Chicago in those same jobs i'd be just fine with that.

HC--John Harbaugh
OC--G.Kubiak
DC--V.Fangio--so this is what i had in the other thread but it now sounds like Fangio is gone after this season unless he got the HC job which isn't happening.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I actually wanted Fox gone after the GB game, but he has been around Fangio for 3 years and if he has no intention of him being the HC what's the point of having him coach the last 5 games as HC? The Bears play SF and the Browns, which by all rights they should win and they play the Bengals that are 5-6, and other than beating the 6-5 Bills their victories have come against teams that have a collective record of 6-38. Another game they should at least be in. If Vic was HC and the Bears looked good against the other NFL trash, that may create a false narrative that Pace would have to deal with. It is just good that the Bears have been shitty enough that a late decent push against horse shit teams can't save Fox.

I don't think the SF looks like a game the Bears should win as much as it looked that way before Jimmy G got the starting gig for the Bears game. I think Jimmy G will have a good game against us and it will end up being a good close game. I still think we should be favored but not by much.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
For me the choice is Matt Patricia. He is an extremely smart guy, I think he has been soaking everything up in New England. I have a good feeling about him as a HC.

billwade

Liked Posts:
Mash Dick, Lovie, Marc and John together, and that will be the new HC. Qualities you can count on:

boring
unimaginative
evasive
plays not to lose
just happy to have the job
God fearing

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
For me its McDaniels hands down. You have to look at the worst case scenario here and lets say that McDaniels hasnt learned or changed at all and he is still the dictator that will rub the players the wrong way. He will be gone in 3 years if that is the case.. yeah that sucks BUT that is 3 years of Trubisky learning from an offensive genius. and that to me is worth the risk.. I mean McDaniels even made Orton look like a pretty good QB!

And after reading this about him...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-failure-taught-pats-oc-how-to-pick-his-spots

I'm not sure there is much risk but still HUGE reward

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good article up until the end. Cooter....really? The guy can't develop a running game to save his life. And he has done NOTHING to develop Stafford, other than have him throw a bunch of easy 1-2 yard passes to boost his completion percentage.

The Lions have spent an eternity without any legitimate long term runningbacks to establish a running game to begin with. I love me some Howard and Cohen but the true success here is going to be on the heels of Trubisky's development and play. Not the running game per say.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would also be foolish to forget the Patriots did just fine without McDaniels too. Just sayin. Maybe just maybe their success isn't so reliant on McDumbass after all.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Would also be foolish to forget the Patriots did just fine without McDaniels too. Just sayin. Maybe just maybe their success isn't so reliant on McDumbass after all.

no one is saying he is the lone reason for the pats success. But when Brady has gone down under his system other QBs have thrived.. why in gods name would you not want that?

I get that he comes with risk.. but what other HC wont? The one thing that is undeniable is his system works and works well even with different skilled QBs

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Yeah but they wouldn't be bringing him in to play QB.

Of course not (although, week 3 id have been willing to give him another shot).... i just want a coach i can like, and be excited about. Im not even saying hes a bad coach, i cant. Winning is by far the most important thing, and if he is really the BEST guy to make it happen, so be it. Ill be more than happy to get over myself about it. I would just personally prefer someone else. Not McDouchebag either though. Wasnt trying to ruffle any feathers. But im pretty "meh" on Jim Harbaugh.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
no one is saying he is the lone reason for the pats success. But when Brady has gone down under his system other QBs have thrived.. why in gods name would you not want that?

I get that he comes with risk.. but what other HC wont? The one thing that is undeniable is his system works and works well even with different skilled QBs

I get the sentiment however a risk with no history attached to it is not the same as taking the same risk on a guy who already failed miserably at it before.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Josh McDaniels has the maturity of a two year old, and is the only person on earth who truly believes the Patriots’ success is due to him.

He is a disaster.

He and Harbaugh have one thing in common: It is difficult to root for them even if your coach and winning.
LOL!!! Where in the fuck are you getting this bullshit from?????

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
For me its McDaniels hands down. You have to look at the worst case scenario here and lets say that McDaniels hasnt learned or changed at all and he is still the dictator that will rub the players the wrong way. He will be gone in 3 years if that is the case.. yeah that sucks BUT that is 3 years of Trubisky learning from an offensive genius. and that to me is worth the risk.. I mean McDaniels even made Orton look like a pretty good QB!

And after reading this about him...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-failure-taught-pats-oc-how-to-pick-his-spots

I'm not sure there is much risk but still HUGE reward

This is why I am on board with McDaniels.

Lots of great head coaches failed there first time

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
McDaniels was young and cocky and not ready to be a HC when he was with Denver. I hear he has learned from those mistakes and matured. It would be foolish not to strongly consider him as a candidate. I would be more comfortable with him vs the ever quirky Harbaugh.

I'm not sure any of us could be comfortable with either one of McDaniels or Harbaugh but both need to be on Pace's list for sure.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Jim Bob Cooter.............His work with Stafford has been outstanding. Under Cooter Stafford has an int pct. of just 1.52% which is better than the career numbers of both Rogers and Brady. As we all know before Cooter Stafford was a turnover machine. Another thing I like about Cooter is he builds his offense around the talent he has been given. He does not force feed an offense onto his players, but rather he takes advantage of the strengths they have.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I am not interested in McDaniels because I think he is the reason for the Pats success. That is Bellicheat and Brady. I am hoping that he could bring a similar system to Chicago. One that doesn't need Brady.

I am not sold on Jim Bob but if he really is the reason for Stafford looking better that goes a long way too.

I won't demand anyone as I have no inside sources and have no idea if any of these dudes are able to accomplish what I'd like them to.
I just hope that Pace can gleam that with his access and sources.

Darrell Bevell has a history that I think would bode well.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Josh McDaniels has the maturity of a two year old, and is the only person on earth who truly believes the Patriots’ success is due to him.

He is a disaster.

He and Harbaugh have one thing in common: It is difficult to root for them even if your coach and winning.

Sure because Bill puts up with that kind of behavior from anyone. If Pace is convinced he's a good influence on his team than I'm sold. You're delusional if you think BB is putting up with a coach that acts the way you are saying he does. If Pace believes he brings an offensive philosophy that helps our team, I'm sold. I don't know that's the case but I'm not buying into the "he's immature" rhetoric that was built during his early 30's before he was brought back to reality.

I'm upset that we passed on McVay when eveyone could see how special he is. I like Cooter (no pun intended) and Carmichael and Reich as well. Of Pace is convinced anyone off that list can help Mitchy develop and lead this squad, bring it on. I've got full confidence in him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McDaniels is Eddie Haskell. Great at home but not good away from supervision. He also was the Rams OC in 2011 after his Denver stint. 12 points per game with Bradford.