Paces Ideal Head Coach

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just another item on the clown show list. We have to keep Fox because Fangio might do a good job? Ridiculous.

I think that is a Pace smoke screen. Pace doesn't even want to fuck with Fangio for some reason. Perhaps the reason Fangio hasn't gotten a HC gig so far. If Pace has any ability and forethought he likely has 2+/- guys in his sights and doesn't even want to screw with anyone else. Besides, Fangio could come in, win some games and get the Bears out of the firsts 3-4 picks.

I get what you are saying I just don't think it makes a difference one way or the other.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think Harold Goodwin could be a sleeper choice. He was with the Bears a few years ago as a O-line coach (I think). And has been coaching with Arians for years now. He was talked about last year for a few head coach vacancies. He is a younger guy and from what I've heard of him the players really like him. He would be a good coach for a young QB, and even though he is in a pass happy scheme, his tendencies are run first which fits the way our offense is built .Another small caveat although it shouldn't matter but he's a Black coach, with the way things are now in the league and all the BS maybe he can relate and reach some of the players in a way Fox couldn't. IMO he could be a nice fit.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McDaniels is Eddie Haskell. Great at home but not good away from supervision. He also was the Rams OC in 2011 after his Denver stint. 12 points per game with Bradford.

That was a historically bad offense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Right now my top 2 choices would have to be

Matt Lafleur
John DeFillipo

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy shit............Just saw that the DOW is up over 300 points right now!! Looks like the tax plan will be put through! Sorry but this is incredible to me:)

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Holy shit............Just saw that the DOW is up over 300 points right now!! Looks like the tax plan will be put through! Sorry but this is incredible to me:)

Congratulation, I can't wait to pay more taxes so the wealthy don't have to. Poor wretched millionaires so under privileged.
Can't you suck Trumps balls somewhere else?
Seriously, are you so socially damaged that you have bring that corporate nut hugging bullshit into a sports forum?
So dislike worthy but... "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Coach Power Rankings

1. David Shaw [HC Stanford]

Shaw would be my first choice of anyone involved. Offensive coach, great leader, has run the Stanford program without issue or drama, and he runs a pro style offense that translates to the NFL, which is always my concern with college coaches. Has NFL experience with the Oakland Raiders.

-Proven experience running a program
-Pro Style Offense
-Tomlin level confidence and swagger
-3-4 defense

2. Matt LaFelur [Rams OC]

If I cannot get a proven leader like David Shaw I am going to try and find my Sean McVay. Lafleur does not call plays and this would be a big jump for him, but he has a couple of things on his resume that I love.

-Has worked for years with Shannahan and McVay.
-QBs have career years with him, RG3, Everett Golson, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff.
-Highly respected in the NFL.
-I love what the Rams are doing on offense with a QB with less physical tools than Trubisky

3. John DeFillipo [Eagles QB Coach]

After the Eagles games multiple beat reporters from the Bears talked about how the Eagles were most afraid of losing DeFillippo and how much love he was getting for the Wentz explosion. There are also a number of interesting data points on his resume.

-Has developed 2 young franchise QBs [Wentz, Carr]
-Has 1 year of play calling experience in Cleveland
-When a QB coach gets this attention there is a reason

4. Matt Nagy [KC OC]

The Nagy star has faded a little for me as the Chiefs offense has regressed and become pretty bad this season. I also think that the Colts may be targeting him with the obvious KC connections between him and Ballard.

-Long time Big Red understudy
-Crazy diversity in their offense
-Can he develop a young QB? No concrete proof.

​5. Josh McDaniels [Patriots OC]

I will be the first to admit that he is probably higher on every NFL teams list than this, but his disastrous run in Denver and the Bellichek coaching tree would scare me off. I also think that he will want more power and control than Pace wants his coach to have.

-His offense routinely spanks NFL defense even when Brady doesn't play
-Garoppolo and Brissett clearly improved under his guidance

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
He may not be flashy, but you should add Pat Shurmur to your list, Windy. I'd consider him much more than Naggy.