packers blatant holding

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
They did a pretty good job with the holding calls early on. I think once Rodgers was hurt, there's a bit of an unconscious bias to let some stuff go to prevent further injuries. But nothing so blatant I thought that it would completely swing the game. Considering how much of a flag fest some of the games were over the weekend, I thought the Bears game was pretty well called.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I understand the frustration, but I think this is more of the way the NFL wants games called rather than "we want the Packers to win".

The NFL wants big endings with great QB play scoring touchdowns (e.g. Montana to Clark "the catch"). They want points and they want close games. Its a rating thing.

You didn't see the Bears get called for holding their last drive either. Matthews did deserve that personal foul call, but I have seen times they don't throw that flag.

But calling the games this way makes it a little too easy for the few great QBs in the league. Give them plenty of time and they are going to hurt you more often than not.

The NFL is encouraging big finishes and all the Bears needed was a field goal. They came up short. But Mitchell is going to have plenty of chances to have a few calls go his way and win some games so it will all work out in the end.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I understand the frustration, but I think this is more of the way the NFL wants games called rather than "we want the Packers to win".

The NFL wants big endings with great QB play scoring touchdowns (e.g. Montana to Clark "the catch"). They want points and they want close games. Its a rating thing.

You didn't see the Bears get called for holding their last drive either. Matthews did deserve that personal foul call, but I have seen times they don't throw that flag.

But calling the games this way makes it a little too easy for the few great QBs in the league. Give them plenty of time and they are going to hurt you more often than not.

The NFL is encouraging big finishes and all the Bears needed was a field goal. They came up short. But Mitchell is going to have plenty of chances to have a few calls go his way and win some games so it will all work out in the end.

Every league, either consciously or not, allows favoritism for their star players. Rodgers and the Pack are no different. That doesn't excuse losing, but it also isn't fair.