Packers: Davante Adams contract negotiations in "bad place"

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Florio was on Bernstein and Rahimi when that tweet came across. Florio basically said that WRs are becoming the new RBs, in that with how many WRs are coming through the draft that it's easier to just draft one than pay them big.

yeah, seems like a trend that has been building for a while.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As Bears fans: Do you go all in on a receiver like Adams if he hits the market? Speed, great router runner, yac.. all things Nagy wants. Him and Mooney could quickly become a pair of WR to contend with.

no thx

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well no. I generated a list from the last decade of their better offensive draft picks. If you want every gosh darn offensive pick, I think you would see a split right down the middle offense to defense.

I wasn't gonna put guys like Equestrianamos Saint Loius on the list.
So trading up to get J.Love in the 1st round and drafting E.Lacy were good picks? Hmmmmmm

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think that’s a risk. AR has made bad QBs look halfway decent. Adams has had an all-time great make him look good.
Have you seen Adams splits when Rodgers is out? in 2017 while Rodgers was hurt while catching passes from Brett Hundley he had 41 catches for 489 yards and has scored 4 touchdowns in 7 games. Small sample, but remember that was catching passes from Brett Hundley.

Extrapolate that over a 16 game season and he's still a 93 catch, 1117 yard, 9 TD guy.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I think that’s a risk. AR has made bad QBs look halfway decent. Adams has had an all-time great make him look good.

Is that your way of saying ARob is as good as Adams? I don't agree with you on that. ARob is good, but if you think Adams is good only because of Rogers then I don't know what to tell you. Adams on his worst day is just as good as ARob at a minimum. Probably still better.