Packers Defense--- Overrated and Scared

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty hilarious thread given that the Bears have been a mediocre team since losing the SB to Indy.

Last team/fan base to be making fun of anyone.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
Ouch!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-packers-didnt-want-to-tackle-marshawn-lynch/

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said early this week that running back Marshawn Lynch was ready to “let it rip” after a preseason that saw him get just three carries after ending his early holdout from training camp.

Carroll’s assessment was right on the money. Lynch ran 20 times for 110 yards and two touchdowns in Thursday night’s 36-16 win over the Packers and looked to be the same old Beast Mode that Seattle has come to love over the last few years. Most of Lynch’s work was done by hammering his way between the tackles, something that left Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett with the impression that the Packers didn’t want anything to do with getting in front of the train.

“Obviously we were the more physical team today, offensively and defensively. I saw supposedly some of the best players in the league not want to tackle Marshawn Lynch,” Bennett said, via the Associated Press. “Of course nobody is going to say nothing about that, but I seen a lot of guys whiff on tackles that should have been two-yard gains and they’re supposed to be the best.”

Whatever the reason for their inability to stop Lynch, the Packers have plenty of company in that department. Lynch has now run for at least 100 yards 20 times since the start of the 2011 season. That’s the most in the league over that span and there aren’t any signs he’s planning to stop now.

BiodegradableEquatorialApisdorsatalaboriosa.gif

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
the pack is missing Rajo for sure..and they are quickly finding out what the Bears knew for some time...Pepp has lost his step...

Raji perhaps the most overrated player in the NFL today. He is a fat piece of man garbage

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
i was shocked to see Peppers as a LB. when the hell did that happen? i think he got .5 a sack and 3 tackles, but can't find the stats anywhere.

It's not that hard to find.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&season=2014&seasonType=REG
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/totalTackles/year/2014/seasontype/2

Looks like he gets 4 tackles and 0 sacks, although I do seem to remember that play where Peppers and Matthews got to Wilson.

5 Julius Peppers GB LB 4 3 1 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --

Beardown34

Liked Posts:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&season=2014&seasonType=REG
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/totalTackles/year/2014/seasontype/2

Looks like he gets 4 tackles and 0 sacks, although I do seem to remember that play where Peppers and Matthews got to Wilson.

There was a defensive penalty on the sack by Peppers and Matthews.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

thanks, i didn't dig down far enough. much appreciation. yeah, forgot the .5 sack was lost due to the penalty.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
That "Amoeba" defense from the Puckers......

:nelson:

Liked Posts:
Did you watch the final bears/packers game last year?

You mean that game where Cutler threw for 226 yards 2 TDs 1 INT & The Bears lost. I think people forget that even if Conte doesn't blow that last play the Pack were still going to have a shot at a FG & still had plenty of time to run another play to get closer. Cutler wasn't horrible, but he didn't exactly give the Bears a career day either.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Calling something overrated is overrated

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You mean that game where Cutler threw for 226 yards 2 TDs 1 INT & The Bears lost. I think people forget that even if Conte doesn't blow that last play the Pack were still going to have a shot at a FG & still had plenty of time to run another play to get closer. Cutler wasn't horrible, but he didn't exactly give the Bears a career day either.

You mean the int on the prayer of a throw Hail Mary or the dropped passes by Jeffrey and Marshall?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Packers pass defense wasn't too bad actually. But yeah their run defense is pretty fucking awful

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

That was a 4th down play with 46 seconds left in the game.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

It might've been tough to do that, being that there is no 5th down.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
The Pack ain't going anywhere so long as that fucking bitch keeps wearing the sparkles.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
i was shocked to see Peppers as a LB. when the hell did that happen? i think he got .5 a sack and 3 tackles, but can't find the stats anywhere.

He actually looked pretty good considering it was his first game. Unfortunately, color me impressed.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol...the Packers lost to Seattle at home....the same ones that drug our starters thru the woodshed in preseason. I cant believe how many people on here are judging the Pack by this game. Ill wait...they won the division with two key cogs missing most of the season last year. Too many guys on here talking shit imo. Lets get past the Bills before we act like the division is ours. It was ours last season and look what happened. I'm focused on week 1 the Bills. ...yes the same damn Bills who tend to start off strong before falling apart mid season.

Exactly Calabis...

That's why you had to laugh at the people who were saying "oh it's just a preseason game". That wasn't the point that people were upset about. No one cared about that who won/lost etc. Didn't really care about the score. It's how we looked against the SB champions, and we got our ass handed to us in all phases. The whole point of people being upset about that game, is that Seattle is a team that the Bears are going to have to face down the road to get to where we want to go. And what they did to Green Bay last night and combined with the so called "meaningless" preseason against us, Seattle looks very scary right now....

BEARS