Packers Defense--- Overrated and Scared

Liked Posts:
It might've been tough to do that, being that there is no 5th down.

Was it 4th? I thought it was 3rd. My mistake. I still think they would have attempted a field goal or went for it on 4th. The Bears defense played better than I expected heading into that game compared to other games throughout the season, but I still think GB would have converted on 4th, or just attempted the FG. Either scenario I think the Bears were going to lose that one.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Exactly Calabis...

That's why you had to laugh at the people who were saying "oh it's just a preseason game". That wasn't the point that people were upset about. No one cared about that who won/lost etc. Didn't really care about the score. It's how we looked against the SB champions, and we got our ass handed to us in all phases. The whole point of people being upset about that game, is that Seattle is a team that the Bears are going to have to face down the road to get to where we want to go. And what they did to Green Bay last night and combined with the so called "meaningless" preseason against us, Seattle looks very scary right now....

BEARS

You know who cares about the preseason? Dennis Green. What happened in the preseason means jack shit. That being said, this looks like the Bills message board with everyone jumping to conclusions from the Packers getting wiped by probably the best team in the league. At this point in time, the Bears are on par with the Packers, good team with a ton of question marks.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Was it 4th? I thought it was 3rd. My mistake. I still think they would have attempted a field goal or went for it on 4th. The Bears defense played better than I expected heading into that game compared to other games throughout the season, but I still think GB would have converted on 4th, or just attempted the FG. Either scenario I think the Bears were going to lose that one.

I'm confused now. It was 4th down, if Rodgers is sacked or the pass is incomplete...how they gonna pick up a 1st down or kick a field goal?

Liked Posts:
I'm confused now. It was 4th down, if Rodgers is sacked or the pass is incomplete...how they gonna pick up a 1st down or kick a field goal?

Holy shit. No they just torched the coverage all together for a TD. On 4th down. You don't think they could have simply converted for a first down, get to the LOS set up, spike the ball & attempt a FG? Yes I made a mistake on the down, & yes you clearly are confused too.

Bottom line, IMO anyone that wants to pin that game on one person like Conte is a jack ass. Conte fucked up, so did Jeffery no really talks much about that. Cutler certainly didn't lose that game, but certainly didn't do enough to win it for them either. There's enough blame to go around for most of the roster & more than just Conte.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit. No they just torched the coverage all together for a TD. On 4th down. Yes I made a mistake the down, & yes you clearly are confused too.

It was the 3rd 4th down they converted on that drive. I suppose Tucker was running a bend-then-break defense.

Liked Posts:
It was the 3rd 4th down they converted on that drive. I suppose Tucker was running a bend-then-break defense.

Like the 2006 SB, & 2010 NFCC Game, I can't even watch it. I don't know how you guys can stomach it.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Holy shit. No they just torched the coverage all together for a TD. On 4th down. You don't think they could have simply converted for a first down, get to the LOS set up, spike the ball & attempt a FG? Yes I made a mistake on the down, & yes you clearly are confused too.

Bottom line, IMO anyone that wants to pin that game on one person like Conte is a jack ass. Conte fucked up, so did Jeffery no really talks much about that. Cutler certainly didn't lose that game, but certainly didn't do enough to win it for them either. There's enough blame to go around for most of the roster & more than just Conte.

I did when it happened. Jeffrey/Marshall had a rough game with some big drops. Since then, I don't focus much on that game anymore because it's been discussed ad nauseum.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:

Well, thanks for the clarificcation of your wording for me. I will certainly conceed the possibility that every receiver on their team may have been wide open.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
Follow
Packers OT Bryan Bulaga tore his MCL in the Thursday night opener, per source. Undetermined how much time he might miss.
2:17 PM - 5 Sep 2014

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Exactly Calabis...

That's why you had to laugh at the people who were saying "oh it's just a preseason game". That wasn't the point that people were upset about. No one cared about that who won/lost etc. Didn't really care about the score. It's how we looked against the SB champions, and we got our ass handed to us in all phases. The whole point of people being upset about that game, is that Seattle is a team that the Bears are going to have to face down the road to get to where we want to go. And what they did to Green Bay last night and combined with the so called "meaningless" preseason against us, Seattle looks very scary right now....

BEARS
Regardless of what happens this year, next year Russell Wilson gets paid. The salary cap should bring the Seahawks back to earth. The only way they escape it is if they've been doing a very good job of drafting. No one seems to be able to consistently figure out the draft, so the odds are definitely against the Seahawks after this year. I expect Pete Carroll to keep them in the hunt as long as he's the HC there.

Liked Posts:
I did when it happened. Jeffrey/Marshall had a rough game with some big drops. Since then, I don't focus much on that game anymore because it's been discussed ad nauseum.

I hear ya. I did too. However Conte caught the blunt of the majority of this fan bases fury for 1 play. Drops happen. I understand when fans give a kid playing like an All Pro the benefit of the doubt after a mistake, however I don't think that Conte was ever really in a solid situation to succeed especially after all the injuries to the front 7. Conte is what is & I think a lot of people on here know it, an average Safety good enough to get the job done behind good pressure/front 7. The best example I can come up with to sum up the type of year Conte had was in the Giants game & seeing our last line of defense getting pulverized by a 260 pound HB which was brutal, when IMO the play should never come to that.

Liked Posts:
Well, thanks for the clarificcation of your wording for me. I will certainly conceed the possibility that every receiver on their team may have been wide open.

You weren't looking for shit. Quit bullshittin'. I could care less who you concede to.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet some experts somehow have the Packers in the Super Bowl.

I'm not ruling it impossible for the Packers to win the Super Bowl. Their offense can compensate for some of their poor defense and you never know how teams will be playing at the end of the year.

That said I have been picking the Bears to win the division for quite awhile so I'm certainly not predicting a Packers SB. Also not fully judging GB after a sloppy game against the defending champs.

bearmuff

Liked Posts:
Bennett just has a big mouth and right now he has the room to talk. I'm pretty sure Sherman rubs off on people and those that wouldn't normally run their mouths feel more comfortable about doing it.

uhh.. Have you heard his brother?

Sherman didn't cause this.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
@TomSilverstein #Packers only had 10 guys on the field for Lynch's 9-yard TD run. They were in nickel with no nickel CB in the game.

@TomSilverstein The previous play they were in a 3-4, but Josh Boyd exited and no one replaced him. Hard to believe someone didn't notice and call timeout.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@TomSilverstein #Packers only had 10 guys on the field for Lynch's 9-yard TD run. They were in nickel with no nickel CB in the game.

@TomSilverstein The previous play they were in a 3-4, but Josh Boyd exited and no one replaced him. Hard to believe someone didn't notice and call timeout.

Perhaps they wanted to save their last timeout. Or they just didn't notice. Sloppy game by the Packers.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i was shocked to see Peppers as a LB. when the hell did that happen? i think he got .5 a sack and 3 tackles, but can't find the stats anywhere.

When they signed him to be part of their 3-4 back during FA.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Peppers as a 3-4 players was a bad signing. If they had him four years earlier it would have been brilliant but I just don't know how long he will be able to keep up the pace at his age. Four tackles in a game where the SeaHawks rushed the ball 37 times and he had only three tackles and an assist isn't dominating.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peppers played good and surprisingly well for someone that sure loafed a shit ton last year. He certainly has a good stretch or two, but between his age and the Plantar, I thought he was too stiff and old to play in Capers scheme.

I saw him mail in a few pass rushes, but overall I was impressed. I didn't and don't think anyone is saying he "dominated." He made some plays and showed some hustle.

Fucking fudgepacking Pep!