Pargo Meets with Chicago Front Office

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
#15 back in white and red, i love it.

RPK

Liked Posts:
Pargo would be a nice addition to the Bulls bench. Someone who can bring instant offense and make sure defenses don't simply clog the lane as they will have to respect his three point shot. Plus, he is an underrated defender as well.

Sign him up Gar!

vhans5219

Liked Posts:
Hey i like Pargo Make it happen Gar

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Pargo would be good to have if only for flexibility. I don't mind him as Rose's backup if Kirk gets traded at the deadline, he's likely better than anyone else we could sign mid year.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
Pargo also has expierence playing alongside a great PG in Chris Paul in New Orleans. I'd think he'd great alongside Rose.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Jannero Pargo is generally a pretty sucky NBA player. But he possesses the ability to score in bunches. He doesn't do it often, maybe 6 times a year, but when he does it in those 6 games, it's really helpful.

He had one of the greatest scoring runs in NBA history for the Bulls. The Bulls trailed the Wizards 108-98 with 41 seconds left in the game. Pargo subbed in for Duhon. Pargo went on to score 9 points in 34 seconds, and tied the game with a three with 5 seconds left. Unfortunately, Kirk Hinrich played some shotty defense on Gilbert Arenas, and the Wizards won it at the buzzer.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't mind having him I guess. Wouldn't be a bad pickup for the amount we can offer anyway.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Its all about recouping the points lost. Pargo can help do that. While Kirk is here, he would suffice as the fourth guard, if Kirk is gone, hopefully a third guard will be there to replace him, I don't know about Pargo as the third guard.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Its all about recouping the points lost. Pargo can help do that. While Kirk is here, he would suffice as the fourth guard, if Kirk is gone, hopefully a third guard will be there to replace him, I don't know about Pargo as the third guard.

I don't think Pargo is the sort of player you want as the third guard in a three guard rotation. As a backup point guard for a guy like Rose who we know will be logging heavy minutes he's fine.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
houheffna wrote:

I don't think Pargo is the sort of player you want as the third guard in a three guard rotation. As a backup point guard for a guy like Rose who we know will be logging heavy minutes he's fine.

Exactly. Pargo is the kind of player who plays 6 minutes in the first half in a normal game, and that's it. If a rotation guy is in foul trouble he may play more. If the rotation guys are playing like crap, the coach might throw him in to see if he can get good production from the end of hi sbench. Pargo is not a good scorer. He has ~47 TS% for his career, which makes him a pathetic scorer.

The redeeming quality of Pargo is that he has the abiilty to get hot and score a lot of poitns quickly. But for the most part, he's a bad player.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The point is he can score the ball. Just an option in getting back points lost, though I don't think that will be a problem.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Jannero Pargo is generally a pretty sucky NBA player. But he possesses the ability to score in bunches. He doesn't do it often, maybe 6 times a year, but when he does it in those 6 games, it's really helpful.

He had one of the greatest scoring runs in NBA history for the Bulls. The Bulls trailed the Wizards 108-98 with 41 seconds left in the game. Pargo subbed in for Duhon. Pargo went on to score 9 points in 34 seconds, and tied the game with a three with 5 seconds left. Unfortunately, Kirk Hinrich played some shotty defense on Gilbert Arenas, and the Wizards won it at the buzzer.

I was at that playoff game, and it's almost sad to say that Pargo is responsible for one of my greatest Bulls memories. That was about the most dreadful and boring two hours I'd ever spent in my life until Pargo got us back in that game, which is one of the most genuine unexpectedly thrilling live sports moments I've ever witnessed.

And yeah, it was all Kirk's fault we lost. . . WTF? And here I thought Arenas had a knack for making clutch shots.

Pargo is pretty much what we need. We need someone who can play and can shoot and score when we need him, but we don't necessarily need a major rotation minutes guy.

hfritz32

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:

Me being only 17, this bulls memory sticks out the most in my head i was with my friends and went absolutely crazy, i mean that must of been the greatest comeback in that amount of time ever, even college. Then Gilbert the soul crusher sent me from what could of been my best bulls memory to one of my worst

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree! It was just a lucky shot.